Mini Integrated Nightly [discontinued 31/12/2006]

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

MeusH wrote:....This is why I think "more smoke" patch has less chanches to be merged, because each smoke puff uses vehicle slot. But "smooth economy" doesn't drain more memory, and it is configurable, so expect this in a merge-me list.
I've read the whole your post, MeusH and it makes a lot of sense, however I didn't know each puff takes up a vehicle's slot. :shock:
Although I think Bjarni was mentioning it some time ago...interesting thing is, that Integrated games (internet games too) with quite many trains were working flawlessly without any hiccups... I guess it would be only for computers with more RAM?
The good thing is, diesel_smoke patch is also configurable - setting 2 can decrease smoke quite a lot - to the amount OpenTTD has now, or a bit more...
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

This is OpenTTD...do we have to worry about smoke puffs taking up vehicle space? :(
dev|ant
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by dev|ant »

richk67 mate, my patches aren't going to be ready for your next release. I've just had my 3rd hardware issue this weekend :shock: so I've hardly had any time to code. :(
CharlyHRO
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CharlyHRO »

dev|ant wrote:richk67 mate, my patches aren't going to be ready for your next release. I've just had my 3rd hardware issue this weekend :shock: so I've hardly had any time to code. :(
hey, keep you head up even if your neck is dirty :wink: richk is planning to release a MINI integrated nightly and after the easter holidays he'll release a new integrated nightly with even more patches inside it...
moe moe pipebomb
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Great news - even improved_smooth_economy patch yet again updated (to v. 2.1) - this time new features....follow the shortcut in my signature in order to keep this thread fairly on topic. :-)

S/Z
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

SirkoZ wrote:
MeusH wrote:....This is why I think "more smoke" patch has less chanches to be merged, because each smoke puff uses vehicle slot. But "smooth economy" doesn't drain more memory, and it is configurable, so expect this in a merge-me list.
I've read the whole your post, MeusH and it makes a lot of sense, <snip>
Thanks. I talked to developer, and the major problem is to find someone who takes care of these patches and merge them. And this must be OpenTTD developer. They are very busy, however.

My argument of patches being tested in IN has failed, because IN is unstable.
Also, currently there are three desync errors very difficult to track down and fix. Maybye talk with developers would make sence after they struggle with that problems
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

I see - thank you very much for your efforts - I see now, it's quite a maze finding those 3 desyncs...well - hopefully they will be tracked down soon...
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

SirkoZ wrote:I see - thank you very much for your efforts - I see now, it's quite a maze finding those 3 desyncs...well - hopefully they will be tracked down soon...
Many thanks for the updates. All 3 loaded cleanly. :)
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

richk67 wrote:
SirkoZ wrote:I see - thank you very much for your efforts - I see now, it's quite a maze finding those 3 desyncs...well - hopefully they will be tracked down soon...
Many thanks for the updates. All 3 loaded cleanly. :)
Wonderful! :D
StopRightThere
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by StopRightThere »

Maybe Owen Rudges music patch could be added http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... hlight=mp3
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

gamezguy wrote:Maybe Owen Rudges music patch could be added http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... hlight=mp3
Currently this patch doesnt diff properly/at all, and even after resolving the diff conflicts, I was unable to make it compile. However, a new update may be on its way.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Firework Photography
sc79
Director
Director

Post by sc79 »

Train counter would be nice if it adds without issues.
suikerpluimpje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by suikerpluimpje »

I agree with sc79, the train counter would be very nice, and handy.
Sorry for my english, I'm dutch...
heppers
Engineer
Engineer

Binary

Post by heppers »

Any chance of having the Mini IN made into a binary as im useless when it comes to doing that sort of thing! :? :)

Cheers

Pedro
gigajum
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gigajum »

sc79 wrote:Train counter would be nice if it adds without issues.
if you do so richk67, use peters fixed version (url can be found in thread) he fixed some things i have overlooked during my last check of the diff file :) and adds waypointstats are saved in savegames, which my version had not implemented due to load/save problems with older savegames :)

so far my statement to this :)
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

gigajum wrote:if you do so richk67, use peters fixed version (url can be found in thread) he fixed some things i have overlooked during my last check of the diff file :) and adds waypointstats are saved in savegames, which my version had not implemented due to load/save problems with older savegames :)

so far my statement to this :)
OK no problems.
Firework Photography
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Binary

Post by richk67 »

heppers wrote:Any chance of having the Mini IN made into a binary as im useless when it comes to doing that sort of thing! :? :)

Cheers

Pedro
Yeah, I will build an exe once Ive added all the major patches. Maybe Tues night.
Firework Photography
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

Any chance for save game compatability with the previous IN3464?
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

gkirilov wrote:Any chance for save game compatability with the previous IN3464?
None. Since IN3464, the config settings are now saved with the savegame, and if they dont match on load, OTTD refuses to load them. So any new patch setting is sufficient to prevent loading of an old savegame.
Firework Photography
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

More patches added, and updated to r4350. See first two posts.
Firework Photography

Return to “General OpenTTD”