Mini Integrated Nightly [discontinued 31/12/2006]

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Mini Integrated Nightly [discontinued 31/12/2006]

Post by richk67 »

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS

MiniIN is now available on a three-times weekly multi-platform build.

PBS: Available from r5164: Hackykid has updated the old PBS to work with MiniIN. It is very much in-development, so expect bugs, expect savegames to not necessarily load, etc. Three cheers for Hackykid :) :) :)

The Mini IN Branch is Here: svn://svn.openttd.org/branches/MiniIN.

On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings at 2.00am CEST, 1.00am BST, 12.00am UTC, the compile farm does its magic wonders, and out pops all the multi-platform versions of MiniIN you could want. (If it compiles that is ;) )

Download the latest MiniIN executables for your platform at http://nightly.openttd.org/MiniIN/files/. This includes dedicated server versions.

The current patch list is (in patches/MiniINpatches.txt):

Code: Select all

Here is a list of the patches included in the Mini IN build r6500.

Patch:                          Status

YAPF                            in trunk
New Stations                    in trunk
Sort Stations                   in trunk
Planeset v1.5 support           in trunk
GRF Aircraft Callback15         in trunk
GRF Cargo Subtype               in trunk
Italian Town names              in trunk
TerraGenesis Perlin             in trunk
More Trees (now part of TerraGenesis)       in trunk
4 New Airports                  in trunk
Past 2090                       in trunk
PNGmap                          in TGP & trunk

PBS                             in miniIN
Snow in Temperate               in MiniIN	RichK
Smooth economy 5147             in MiniIN	Sirkoz
More Diesel Smoke patch v2.0b   in MiniIN	Sirkoz
Realistic Acceleration v2.0     in MiniIN	Sirkoz
Signal Autocomplete r5441       in MiniIN	Hazelrah
Planeset MiniIN specials        in MiniIN	mart3p
Waypoint stats                  in MiniIN       gigajum
Subsidiaries patch              in MiniIN	Theif^, gagarin
Upgrade Bridges in situ         in MiniIN
Advanced Town Handling          in MiniIN       gigajum
Town growth patch               in MiniIN
Dither Desert/Rocks             in MiniIN	RichK
Additional Orders r5450         in MiniIN	gigajum
Toolbar fix                     in MiniIN	RichK
Purchase List Options List      in MiniIN
Copy Paste Track Layouts        in MiniIN       Frostregen
Loading Indicators              in MiniIN
GRF refit costs                 in MiniIN       mart3p
Sacro's Daylength patch         in MiniIN	Sacro / Wolf01
Freight Train weight multi      in MiniIN       peter1138
More Transparency options       in MiniIN       Wolf01
Advanced Autoreplace            in MiniIN       haukinger
Signal Gui                      in MiniIN	Hazelrah
Electricity production          in MiniIN       RichK / ln-
Drive Thru Bus & Truck Stops    in MiniIN       mart3p
Physics                         in MiniIN       hertogjan
Breaking News                   in MiniIN       hertogjan
Found a Bank town option        in MiniIN       gigajum
Origveh                         in MiniIN       Sirkoz
No Town Bridges within 2 tiles  in MiniIN       gigajum
Diagonal Level Crossings        in MiniIN       Maedhros
Drag Buying Land                in MiniIN       Wolf01
Adjacent Stations               in MiniIN       Frostregen/Wolf01
Disable Elrails                 in MiniIN       Maedhros

Aircraft queueing               updated. some bugs being ironed out

Will be added:
Tile quantity calculator        by MeusH. ready
Speed Signs                     pending
Bridge Highlight                updated by RichK67. pending
No tunnels under mines          updated by RichK67. pending
Continue Multiplayer Locally    pending
Disable repay loan              pending

Likely to be added if updated by author:

Yellow signal state             awaiting confirmation it is current

Unknown:
Auto clean zero                 unknown. may not be applied
Pause on no clients             unknown
Statistics tools                unknown
Copy orders from vehicle windows         unknown
Sort Vehicle options            unknown
Smallmap zoom                   unknown. updated feature being added to trunk

Unlikely to be added:

Oil industries anywhere on map  unknown. TGPerlin does something similar
Diagonal Clearing               needs updating. clear_cmd.c changed a lot
No bells on crossings           settings vars need updating.

Pause on Dec 31                 (mine) will not be added
Open Offer to All Patch Devs
If you want to help get the project further along towards a massively inclusive version that can then be used as a baseline, simply find a patch in the pending (or other) lists, and update it to work with a MiniIN checkout. Send me the patch, and if it works, I'll include it.

It is not enough that it applies; for me to accept the patch in, it MUST compile without errors or warnings, and work.
Last edited by richk67 on 13 Jun 2008 16:16, edited 26 times in total.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Post removed - info in main thread post.
Last edited by richk67 on 12 Aug 2006 15:38, edited 37 times in total.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Firework Photography
dev|ant
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by dev|ant »

What's the deadline for getting a patch to you for inclusion? I might see if I can get a clean and up-to-date signals on bridges patch together, plus I've got another patch I'm working on feverishly. ;)
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

dev|ant wrote:What's the deadline for getting a patch to you for inclusion? I might see if I can get a clean and up-to-date signals on bridges patch together, plus I've got another patch I'm working on feverishly. ;)
I plan on a mini-release with whatever is working on Sunday night (9/4), and a larger release with any extra patches over Easter weekend.

Note that due to config options now being saved, any later patches with config settings will break any games started with the IN mini.
Firework Photography
madman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by madman »

hey man, can you put the plane-speed patch in and the subsidiary companies patch too! - those 2 and the airports are all i really want :)

TY!
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

madman wrote:hey man, can you put the plane-speed patch in and the subsidiary companies patch too! - those 2 and the airports are all i really want :)

TY!
If it works, it goes in, so its up to the original developer of the subsidiaries patch (which I think is up to date), and the plane-speed/plane queuing patch.
Firework Photography
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

If you like, we can add your code to a branch (I can supply that) and add your branch to, say, a weekly-build sequence like the OpenTTD-nightlies do. This means you get binaries to several targets, from Windows to MacOSX. Just contact me if you are interested.
gigajum
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gigajum »

TrueLight wrote:If you like, we can add your code to a branch (I can supply that) and add your branch to, say, a weekly-build sequence like the OpenTTD-nightlies do. This means you get binaries to several targets, from Windows to MacOSX. Just contact me if you are interested.
Yeah that sounds really nice.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

gigajum wrote:
TrueLight wrote:If you like, we can add your code to a branch (I can supply that) and add your branch to, say, a weekly-build sequence like the OpenTTD-nightlies do. This means you get binaries to several targets, from Windows to MacOSX. Just contact me if you are interested.
I second that, that's very nice idea.

However, I think it's a good time to start checking and merging user-made patches, like richK67's airports. There should be no bugs in these, but if there are some, someone may just do a quick codechange...
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

MeusH wrote:
gigajum wrote:
I second that, that's very nice idea.

However, I think it's a good time to start checking and merging user-made patches, like richK67's airports. There should be no bugs in these, but if there are some, someone may just do a quick codechange...
I agree wholehartedly.
It would be very nice to see all the patches, that have been proven bugless in the year use in the Integrated nightly build, included.

I'm just dying to see my improved_smooth_economy patch and diesel_smoke patch included, both being totally configurable and all... :cry:

Now I'm off to finally upgrade them to a current nightly... :roll:
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

SirkoZ wrote:I agree wholehartedly.
It would be very nice to see all the patches, that have been proven bugless in the year use in the Integrated nightly build, included.
I would agree, but in the last 2 months, there have been 900+ updates, and some are major, so in a sense the testing clock gets reset again to now.
I'm just dying to see my improved_smooth_economy patch and diesel_smoke patch included, both being totally configurable and all... :cry:

Now I'm off to finally upgrade them to a current nightly... :roll:
Great. I look forward to adding them. If you notice any map accessors etc in your code that you can change, it always helps. Makes the devs even happier ;)
Firework Photography
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Hi. Yes, it sounds good, but... I am unsure I want to take on the workload of maintaining the current status for all the patches. However, it could make the changes more minor, and opens up the IN to a wider platform base. I'll talk online with you about it.
Firework Photography
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

richk67 wrote:
Hi. Yes, it sounds good, but... I am unsure I want to take on the workload of maintaining the current status for all the patches. However, it could make the changes more minor, and opens up the IN to a wider platform base. I'll talk online with you about it.
I think it's impossible and too much of extra work to expect you to care for all the users' patches, richk67. The patches' authors should update them themselves, otherwise it just won't be possible to include them...
Like TrueLight said - it would be perfectly possible for you to care about the Integrated nightly on a weekly basis if patches were up to date.

With that said - I'm going to update my now. :D

P.S.: Does anyone know which revision the 0.4.7 OTTD is? I could also make them available for it as I have for 0.4.0.1 if anyone wants to test...
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

P.S.: Does anyone know which revision the 0.4.7 OTTD is?
r4121
gigajum
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gigajum »

remember: you need to update your patch to the latest SVN revision, not to the latest release version. The latest revsion is ~4320

Anyway, i took your patch file and updated it to the latest SVN version. I'm almost done. Some gui parts need to be checked and corrected. I think i'm done within the next few hours with updating the patch from r2912.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Thank you for the revision number, MeusH. ;-)

Way ahead of ya, gigajum, updated to r4321. :)

Industry is updated, now for the other 2.....diesel_smoke too.....now tinkering with smoother_acceleration...
Last edited by SirkoZ on 08 Apr 2006 21:15, edited 1 time in total.
gigajum
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gigajum »

eheh

i only need to update from SVN ...

anyway i had to add all from r4317 new, and check if there are some errors, and i'm nearly finished. it works but there are some things left from the diff file.

But if you're finished with updating it attach the patch somewhere to get others the chance to test it. I recognized some bugs while testing the functions myself. One bug showed when i replaced a train with another. The orders in the replaced trains didn't match the original.
Jango
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jango »

the longer patches are kept separated from the main trunk, the more unlikely they are to ever make the trunk. Surely at some point we need a drive to add a bunch of useful user patches rather than just ignoring them?

Would it be possible to have a release set aside (0.4.8) for these small tweaks and improvements? Then they can be fully tested and then improve the rate of progress within OpenTTD as whole.

Much as I think OpenTTD is great, I do sometimes think it can be far too much effort to get small and useful patches accepted by the devs...(who i appreciate are VERY busy)... so rather than increase workload for the devs, why not set aside some time in the future for appeasing the user base?
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

A very good point and I agree wholly - I have been of the same opinion for quite some time now...
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

I also agree. It has been said that patch-merging time will come after 0.4.5.

I know 0.4.6 and 0.4.7 were urgent bugfix releases, but It's the right time to remind about the patches.

Developers certainly want this kind of developement, but they must devote their time to check all possible events happening because of the patch.

On the other hand, they don't need to worry about it that much. Why? Because these patches exist very long, also in "Integrated nightly", which proves they are bug free.

However, if this isn't a valid argument pro- merging user-made patches, there is still one more. Revisions: If something goes wrong, the contribution may be reverted.

IMO if one patch gets merged each 4 days, and 4 developers are involved in merging them, each developer has 16 days to prepare to merge next patch.

Also, the may be other arguments not to merge a patch: some kind of limits, and lack of turn-off option.

This is why I think "more smoke" patch has less chanches to be merged, because each smoke puff uses vehicle slot. But "smooth economy" doesn't drain more memory, and it is configurable, so expect this in a merge-me list.

Return to “General OpenTTD”