[fixed] Unable to load/save (OSX 10.3.9)

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

scatan
Engineer
Engineer

[fixed] Unable to load/save (OSX 10.3.9)

Post by scatan »

I recently upgraded to 0.4.7 and ever since I have been unable to save or lod a game. As soon as I press the load button or save button the game crashes without any message nor save/load dialog.

Anyone encountered the same problem? I run it on mac osx 10.3.9.

The previous patch worked fine (0.4.1 I think)
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

ok, I fixed this and uploaded a new dmg on sourceforge. Use the one called openttd-0.4.7-osx-panther.dmg

the problem is related to the compiler setup when compiling for 10.3.9 on 10.4. I will look into this have have a fix before next release, so 10.3.9 can use the universal binary.

One issue is that I don't have 10.3.9 to test on, but then again I don't have an Intel mac to test on and that didn't stop me from making the universal binary (talk about theoretical programming/compiler setup) :wink:
d90yqv
Engineer
Engineer

Post by d90yqv »

Sorry for being so stupid, but can you post a link to the new dmg? I can't find it... I downloaded the0.4.7 osx version but it still seems to crash when you try to save or load.

Sorry - I'm new to all of this, but am just immensely impressed by all of this. Brilliant.

[UPDATE] I've installed 0.4.7 now, but it's still crashing on save and load. I'm running 10.3.9. Any ideas?
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

d90yqv wrote:Sorry for being so stupid, but can you post a link to the new dmg? I can't find it... I downloaded the0.4.7 osx version but it still seems to crash when you try to save or load.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=404880

It's the same place as all the other released files, but it was added a bit later than the other ones

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”