NPF Problem (0.4.6) - Trains/Busses 'always turn left'

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Frostregen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

NPF Problem (0.4.6) - Trains/Busses 'always turn left'

Post by Frostregen »

The train alway wants to leave the Depot in the wrong direction.
It has orders to move to the South-Station...

See Screenshot.

This is easily to reproduce, but here is a savegame.

If I turn off NPF the train immediately leaves in the correct direction.

EDIT:
Maybe the same as here:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=24125
Attachments
Bad Fulda Transport, 30. Mai 1950.sav
(41.45 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Bad Fulda Transport, 28. Mai 1950.png
Bad Fulda Transport, 28. Mai 1950.png (43.56 KiB) Viewed 4403 times
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Confirmed, r4023 broke this.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

It seems to act normal when I switch off NPF, but then it screws up my signalling network. :P
matthijs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by matthijs »

Stupid mistake, I fixed this in SVN just now.
Frostregen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Frostregen »

Thx for the quick fix.

Is it possible to give out a new Release (0.4.7)?
I would like to have a playable platform for internet games.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Make it 0.4.6.1 then. :P
indeed a nice quick fix. :wink:
xpgx1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xpgx1 »

Yeah, thx for the quick response. Trouble was, we wanted to set up an inet game but all went nuts with this problem ;)

That kind of lightning fast support you'll never get from any full priced game. Good work! :bow:
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

I downgraded my server back to 0.4.5 for now, there's a few annoying bugs in it, this depot problem being the biggest issue of course, and I like NPF on to make big, big networks. ;)

Are we going to see an official bugfix release? 0.4.6.1? ;)
Oxygene
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oxygene »

Yes, please make an official version with this bug fixed. I'm only playing online and i'm hosting dedicated 24/7 servers with NPF enabled (The two "No Aircraft 1960-2010" servers).

So far, mayby only 25-30% of the servers are upgraded to 0.4.6, so i think it would be better, to release another bugfix version NOW and not wait until the last server has upgraded to 0.4.6 and then release another version to upgrade to. And I also think that this bug is annoying enough that it should not be waited until the next planned release.
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

Oxygene wrote:Yes, please make an official version with this bug fixed. I'm only playing online and i'm hosting dedicated 24/7 servers with NPF enabled (The two "No Aircraft 1960-2010" servers).

So far, mayby only 25-30% of the servers are upgraded to 0.4.6, so i think it would be better, to release another bugfix version NOW and not wait until the last server has upgraded to 0.4.6 and then release another version to upgrade to. And I also think that this bug is annoying enough that it should not be waited until the next planned release.
I am not upgrading my server (Maarten's Server) until this bug is fixed in an official release also, as my server will keep NPF on also.

Until then, my server wil run 0.4.5....

I had it running on 0.4.6 for one evening (last night) and noticed the issues. Sure, fix it with NPF turned to off, but NPF is incredibly handy.

In other words, I can miss the other bugfixes in 0.4.6 as the bug that stops you from using NPF is more severe then the bugs that were fixed with this release.

Awaiting 0.4.7 ;) Or 0.4.6.1 ;)
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Yes, was eh kinda embarassing to fix a bug and get another right back for it. We'll try to prevent these kind of things in the future. There'll be a fix-release tomorrow-night the latest, we'll wait for new bugs to surface until then ;)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

just for the fun of it, add a new feature that is also in one of the nightlies. :mrgreen:
Oxygene
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oxygene »

There seem to be a lot of bugs with ships, but i don't think, these bugs can be resolved until tomorrow night, although i'm not a developer.

Today I played an online game (dedicated server) where other players went offline all the time because of desyncs and it had to do with ships (one player had ships and there were no desyncs when he sent all of them to the depots). But I have no clue if this already existed in 0.4.5.

Edit:

I had also the problem, that the autorenew patch didn't work. Trains ans road vehicles were getting older and older although the patch setting was to renew them (and I had enought money left)
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Oxygene wrote:I had also the problem, that the autorenew patch didn't work. Trains ans road vehicles were getting older and older although the patch setting was to renew them (and I had enought money left)
If breakdowns are off, there's an option not to send vehicles to depots. If a vehicle doesn't go to a depot, it can't be auto-replaced. You might want to check that.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Oxygene
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oxygene »

no, breakdowns are not off.
i played yesterday and today again. you can check out the settings of the "! No Aircraft : 1960-2010 !" - servers.
I didn't encounter this problem before 0.4.6, I think

Edit: In a quick test (singleplayer) i couldn't reproduce the error :-/
But I definitely encountered it when playing on the dedicated server. Unfortunately, I have no savegame available.
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

Darkvater wrote:Yes, was eh kinda embarassing to fix a bug and get another right back for it. We'll try to prevent these kind of things in the future. There'll be a fix-release tomorrow-night the latest, we'll wait for new bugs to surface until then ;)
Good news :) Thanks for your efforts.
Oxygene
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oxygene »

My servers are now upgraded to 0.4.7.

Thanks for the release!

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”