[REL] Semi Truck and Trailer Pack update: 28.3.2006

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Hobgoblin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hobgoblin »

mayday wrote:a one dat with 3 trailer ore 4 that goes not, man can not couple than the trailers on the truck have that tested for a half year

edit: see the pic that was my first test xml for the flatbed trailers for a half year. can couple couple couple the trailers
So you can couple lots of trailers but not over a certain length

i notice that with your (mayday's) flatbed trailers Truck 1 can have 2 trailers so its a road train of sorts but i am guessing this works because its so short it creates no problems

I like Seelenqualls theory but as i have no real technical knowledge I have no idea if it will work road trains have been tried time and time again with no success (except for the one that needed special road) so i will not get my hopes up but seelenquall is good at this so if someone can do it he can :D
english trucker intrests transport games and driving cars...............i must be mad

LIFE the game................Because you have to play
mayday
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mayday »

Hobgoblin wrote: not over a certain length
that has i not tested in dezember 05.

so here the chemicals are ready with company colour
Attachments
iviewcapture_date_14_03_2006_time_21_49_31.jpg
iviewcapture_date_14_03_2006_time_21_49_31.jpg (76.46 KiB) Viewed 4679 times
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

there are limitations..

example..:

DAT 1: truck with 3 trailers
DAT 2: 4 trailers

so the trailers are fixed. you can only couple trailer 4-7 on or not.. ya know what i mean? the cargo would be fixed too.. so you would buy 2 objects, 1st the truck with trailers, second trailers only. but in the end it would be a road-train.
too bad i can´t couple ATM. would post a screenie..
Hobgoblin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hobgoblin »

sweet very nice.

You rock mayday :P :lol:
english trucker intrests transport games and driving cars...............i must be mad

Hobgoblin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hobgoblin »

Seelenquell wrote:there are limitations..

example..:

DAT 1: truck with 3 trailers
DAT 2: 4 trailers

so the trailers are fixed. you can only couple trailer 4-7 on or not.. ya know what i mean? the cargo would be fixed too.. so you would buy 2 objects, 1st the truck with trailers, second trailers only. but in the end it would be a road-train.
too bad i can´t couple ATM. would post a screenie..
i understand totally you have a vehicle with a trailer but it looks like 1 truck with 7 trailers

have you tried to couple 2 bendy busses together this would be similar and if it worked would prove your idea works

btw if it does work your truck will need to be triple drive for realism

in case you don't understand triple drive trucks are often used in Australia for road trains the truck has 3 sets of driving wheels
like this

_ml_TTTTTTTTTT ....TTTTTTTT .....TTTTTTTT
0---000 ---- 000--00 ---- 000 -- 00 ---- 000

this would be your first vehicle and your second vehicle would be 4
trailers :D
(ignore the full stops it was the only way i could get the tops of the trailers to space properly :lol: )
Last edited by Hobgoblin on 14 Mar 2006 21:36, edited 1 time in total.

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Just see it as a DMU/EMU train but then on the road with cars.

Besides that; do you people already had a look on the trams? I think you can use those as an exelent example; they run on a road but then with teh tramtrack on it (Just like the 3rd rail)

I am just saying things. Dont shoot :)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Hobgoblin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hobgoblin »

Illegal_Alien wrote:do you people already had a look on the trams?
This is a good point. To take it a little further how about creating a new tram track, or mod the original, so instead if showing tracks on the road it maybe changes the colour of the road or adds a line to the road similar to the USA 1 way roads, maybe a red line on the opposite side to show where your tram tracks are. Then you can lay your new stealth tram track down roads to the delivery point and back and have tram/trucks

i would happily just run them on normal tram tracks but having a less visible tram track would be better for realism

Plus you could get really silly with trailers :D
but i can see problems for your other trucks if you have a 20 trailer road train :lol: :lol:

If seelequalls idea works this would be best but as a back up plan trams sound good

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

No i mean trams are running on some kind of road; just put the trams on the road and try it.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

AFAIK trams are another class. the road-vehicle-class can´t have more than 1 trailer. this is what i think to know :D
Hobgoblin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hobgoblin »

Illegal_Alien wrote:No i mean trams are running on some kind of road; just put the trams on the road and try it.
Ahh i had already thought of my tram track idea so when you posted your comment i thought you were thinking along the same lines

but still its a valid idea i think

also SQ with maydays flatbed trailer pack Truck 1 pulls 2 flatbed trailers so its not multiple trailers thats the problem, from what i have read on here it looks like its length that is the issue but if your idea results in 1 truck with 1 trailer this may bypass this problem i really hope so :D :twisted:

PS what is AFAIK

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

As FAr I Know
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

AFAIK means "as far as i know"..

thank you IA :D
Hobgoblin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hobgoblin »

Seelenquell wrote:AFAIK means "as far as i know"..

thank you IA :D
Ahh cool thanks IA & SQ i had never seen this before using these forums :D

Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

ok there's more i use..

ATM - at the moment or at this moment
AFAIK - as far as i know
IMHO - in my humble opinion
OMG - oh my god (don't know if this is right)
ASAP - as soon as possible

there are many many many more..
Hobgoblin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hobgoblin »

Seelenquell wrote:ok there's more i use..

ATM - at the moment or at this moment
AFAIK - as far as i know
IMHO - in my humble opinion
OMG - oh my god (don't know if this is right)
ASAP - as soon as possible

there are many many many more..
yeah i know these and omg is oh my god :lol:
Thanks. I have been looking around on the internet for types of road train.
Looking for triple drive trucks and B-doubles (somebody please correct me if i am wrong here but)
A b-double is when a trailer is connected to the trailer in front using a fifth wheel and that trailer is connected to the trailer in front by an A frame coupling the 2 trailers are then known as a b-double, this helps make a roadtrain more stable (rear trailer wobble can be a big problem with longer roadtrains).

This vehicle has 2 fifth wheel couplings an then 2 A frame couplings.
Notice both A frames have 3 Axles this is to help with stability also
http://images.google.co.uk/url?q=http:/ ... dTrain.jpg

Not really helpful just a cool pic of a roadtrain in action
http://www.framecraft.com.au/images/october/9b.jpg

Roadtrains have been around for some time heres a picture from 1966
http://naa12.naa.gov.au/scripts/PhotoSe ... B=11431219

and a cattle roadtrain in 1947
http://naa12.naa.gov.au/scripts/PhotoSe ... B=11448153

there are references to roadtrains from 1920s onward but no pictures so far

the longest ever roadtrain 1,474.3 meters record was set in 2006 see the video here
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/ind ... oid=100029

this is an mpeg video (not 56k friendly) of a road safety advert in Australia it features a triple drive tanker (TIP leave it to run in the background and replay once its done as its a big file)
http://www.ipe.nt.gov.au/whatwedo/roads ... /rural.mpg

just some stuff in case SQ cracks the problem of road trains :lol:

Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

i wanna see the garage for that :twisted: i don't think this truck is driven by women, isn't it? some simply can't drive backwards..

someone said to me, here in europe there are max. 5 wheels. if the trailer has 3, truck must have 2. if trailer has two, truck can have 3. don't know if this is right.
Hobgoblin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hobgoblin »

Seelenquell wrote:i wanna see the garage for that :twisted: i don't think this truck is driven by women, isn't it? some simply can't drive backwards..

someone said to me, here in Europe there are max. 5 wheels. if the trailer has 3, truck must have 2. if trailer has two, truck can have 3. don't know if this is right.
yeah one supersized garage :lol:

as for wheels number of wheels or axles no not true 40 tons is maximum in most of Europe this is usually with a 2 axle truck and 3 axle trailer but you can have 6 axles no problem
(in england the weight limit is 44 tons but u must have 6 axles

i think in Holland the maximum weight is more and in most of Scandinavia the limit is 60 tons usually on 6 axles AFAIK

Also in england if your top weight is only 40 tons you can have 5 axles but your road tax is cheaper if you have 6 axles as this causes less road damage

Edit as a side note to my roadtrain post although there were earlyer references to road trains australias first official roadtrain was a 1932 AEC government road train a 130hp eight-wheeler with two Dyson self-tracking trailers.

so lomo roadtrains from 1932 please SQ can you release by tomorrow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stafis
Engineer
Engineer

trucks sweden

Post by stafis »

Here in sweden the maximum weight of an truck and trailers is 60 metric tonnes - 60 000 Kg.
maximum length is 24,25 metres and maximum width (inkluding or excluding mirrors - I can't remember right now) is 2,60 metres.

so normal longhaulers have 7 or 8 axles...
it is also normal now with a three-axle truck and a three axle trailer - and then at "cart" type of trailer behind...

"cart" as in the weels are in the middle of the trailer...

/Stafis
Hobgoblin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hobgoblin »

Thanks for that stafis i read about the truck types in Sweden but it was some time ago i remembered the weight but i wasn't sure about the rest

Also I want to come and drive in Sweden my truck is not big enough anymore :lol:

Hobgoblin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hobgoblin »

Seelenquell wrote:ehm mmh..

you could tried harder.. :twisted:

ATM i can´t couple the trailer to the truck but here it is :twisted:
i missed this when you posted it i was typing my own post at the same time :lol: these look good i am sure you will crack it SQ i need Roadtrains :D

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”