Haha, I *haxored* t3h PHP and site :P

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

18854 at the time of writing.
So what happens if the number gets too large for the image size? :shock:
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

White Rabbit wrote:So what happens if the number gets too large for the image size? :shock:
It explodes and kills everyone on this earth.

I think it will just show a bit of the number.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

I hope what you think. :P
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

DaaNtje wrote:And when I open those, then they will be parsed by the php parser, resulting in A LOT of errors :P ;) So I hate to use an extension that I don't use on my servers AND an extension that is a valid image file :)
mod_rewrite, anyone? For instance, I have, on owenrudge.net:

RewriteRule ^various/playing_b.png various/currentplay.php
RewriteRule ^various/playing_g.png various/currentplay.php?col=g

Much nicer than telling PHP to parse image files!

Besides, you could call the file .smellypoo if you wanted. As long as the MIME type is correct, it should* work fine.

* Certain browsers, such as MSIE, don't always listen to the MIME type, instead prefering to go by the extension, which is wrong.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

orudge wrote: * Certain browsers, such as MSIE, don't always listen to the MIME type, instead prefering to go by the extension, which is wrong.
MS always wants to do things a little bit different, that's why linux apps don't work on windows and vica versa. And this is also why whe have 100 "standards" for every simple thing.

EDIT: this isn't meant as some kind of troll.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

orudge wrote:
DaaNtje wrote:And when I open those, then they will be parsed by the php parser, resulting in A LOT of errors :P ;) So I hate to use an extension that I don't use on my servers AND an extension that is a valid image file :)
mod_rewrite, anyone? For instance, I have, on owenrudge.net:

RewriteRule ^various/playing_b.png various/currentplay.php
RewriteRule ^various/playing_g.png various/currentplay.php?col=g

Much nicer than telling PHP to parse image files!

Besides, you could call the file .smellypoo if you wanted. As long as the MIME type is correct, it should* work fine.

* Certain browsers, such as MSIE, don't always listen to the MIME type, instead prefering to go by the extension, which is wrong.
mod_rewrite? eehh??

As for the browser thingy, I used FF to *link* it...

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

Besides, about the resets, I did not reset anything :)

However, what does is possible is that it *opens* the file

stores the information, then closes the file + saving with new amount and then output it, however, within the time of opening, saving and closing the file it is possible if another session opens the file it does will increase but ti won't show it to the first person, resulting in a not-up-to-date image ;)

Atleast I think that was what happend. As I was with my girl all night, and did not touch my computer for a while ;) so I did not reset anything :P

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

20k!

while true; do curl http://daantimmer.mine.nu/pictures/avatar/avatar.jpeg > /dev/null 2>/dev/null; done
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

I really have no idea what's special about this topic or avatar :o
But okay.
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

DaaNtje wrote:mod_rewrite? eehh??
mod_rewrite.

Just stick the code I gave above into a .htaccess file (tweak it appropriately, of course). Oh, and stick RewriteEngine On above it, too. This assumes that your Apache has mod_rewrite support compiled in, which most do these days.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Prof. Frink wrote:20k!

while true; do curl http://daantimmer.mine.nu/pictures/avatar/avatar.jpeg > /dev/null 2>/dev/null; done
double time!

yes, no point in this thread but it's kind of funny. :)
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

orudge wrote:
DaaNtje wrote:mod_rewrite? eehh??
mod_rewrite.

Just stick the code I gave above into a .htaccess file (tweak it appropriately, of course). Oh, and stick RewriteEngine On above it, too. This assumes that your Apache has mod_rewrite support compiled in, which most do these days.
Ahh thanks! I bene looking for that for an awful lot of time!!! :D

GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

I do believe the right term would be Image ;)

I never got the hang of mod_rewrite though. When I look at the .htaccess wordpress generated, it confuses me beyond belief :(
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

GoneWacko wrote:I do believe the right term would be Image ;)

I never got the hang of mod_rewrite though. When I look at the .htaccess wordpress generated, it confuses me beyond belief :(
Haha, well I saw someone on my school toying with that mod_rewrite like 2 months back. However I forgot what it was named back then.

Never saw that dude ever after (forgot who it was :P). So I was not able to *find* him... :(

It was quite handy as to what he made tough :)

when you entered an url like http://www.*.com/home/foto it would open the page as http://www.*.com/index.php?dir=home&mod=foto

as an example :)

GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Yes, the same counts for wikipedia (as well as a few billion other sites out there): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Tycoon actually rewrites to http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... ort_Tycoon
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

wow 282k now!
the last time I looked it was still on 93k.

you can see now how many times sections this forum is watched in a few hours. :)
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

Go back and read my previous post.
Read it very carefully and you may see how it got so large.
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

How clever. That means my cheating it is just pathetic.

Opera's refresh every function, set to 1 secound...
Alcohol is not the answer, it just makes you forget the question.
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

It would be rather interesting if it logged the IPs the requests came from...
Pass curl the --head option, should be a bit better

Return to “Off-Topic”