Final Save of a #openttdcoop game

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Mucht
Engineer
Engineer

Final Save of a #openttdcoop game

Post by Mucht »

Hello Forums,

there is a map that kept us hypnotized for about 1.5 months. Now, we are proud to have a final save of this very special game. It is the largest network we have built yet. You are very welcome to have a look at it and post some comments here.

http://openttdcoop.ppcis.org/blog/files ... _Final.sav

Note:
NPF = off. Do not turn NPF on (CPU hell). Also, this game is built without NPF and therefore we do not know how it behaves with NPF turned on.

Credits to:
Brianetta, who is so kind to host our mainserver as well as our sandbox server (for our upcoming members).
uLiKo for many many comments on wrong signals and even some buildings in the end.
Osai for his construction skills and our new Blog ( http://openttdcoop.ppcis.org/blog/ )
e1ko for his constructions.
RichK and CuBiC for their Hubs.
And of course all members of #openttdcoop for this weird network.

Edit:
Special thx to peter1138 for doing nothing we can remember :P
osai
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by osai »

ty very much Mucht,
it was a lot fun to play this game and it is really an amazing network.
to built 1000 trains is an easy thing, but to let them roll in an extremely complicated network is an test for all your skills in construction.

I really enjoyed gaming with all of you guys and the next game has already its cash-maker-line.
Hopefully a lot of you will be on the tracks again! 8)

Osai
Attachments
train #1000
train #1000
train#1000.png (34.24 KiB) Viewed 4890 times
webfreakz.nl
Director
Director
Location: Localhost, 127.0.0.1, [The Netherlands: South Holland-> Westland]

Post by webfreakz.nl »

Whoohoo! Great map! Very sick indeed :P

What about increasing the production values? That could be a good idea for your next game! Every farm/coal mine etc produces up to 2040 tons / month. Now that's a challenge! (And this on a 2048x2048 map) ;)

btw: You still don't make 1 billion/year :(
# Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life. (Michael Sinz)
Mucht
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mucht »

What for.... the network is already on its limit and there is almost no server that is able to host this game. Even if I open this game here on my PC its laggy (AMD 2600+ and 1GB RAM here).
DarkLoki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkLoki »

I can't load the game :cry: . I looked in your wiki, you guys are doing some great work!
osai
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by osai »

Hmmm you need at least r3351, it worked for all of us!
Otherwise, your PC is too slow! :?
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Also, remember to turn off NPF. If you don't, your machine will cough and die.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Seven Force
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Seven Force »

Getting rid of the giant train in the bottom corner sliced the lag off by 2/3rds on my 100MHz machine.

I like how there are still signs dotted around of people designing parts and discussions on the problems; gives a good insight into how it's made. I also like how turning "TTD-Patch Non-Stop handling" off completely jams up the ENTIRE network. :P

Regardless, that game was awesome, and I'm suprised it actually loaded, let alone run on my machine. :)
DarkLoki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkLoki »

lol i got it working. Its an amazing system! I have read the wike and the system of mainlines sidelines etc seems to work very good.
guiltyvictim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by guiltyvictim »

Without NPF I noticed a lot of trains just getting stuck at stations because they're all queuing up for the same platform, so I don't really understand what's going on.

Tested with r3353
webfreakz.nl
Director
Director

Post by webfreakz.nl »

On my Athlon64 3000+ is still needs over 99% CPU usage with NPF turned off :?
# Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life. (Michael Sinz)
Seven Force
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Seven Force »

guiltyvictim wrote:Without NPF I noticed a lot of trains just getting stuck at stations because they're all queuing up for the same platform, so I don't really understand what's going on.
Seven Force wrote:I also like how turning "TTD-Patch Non-Stop handling" off completely jams up the ENTIRE network. :P
Take a peek at your patches and turn that one on, they'll get past checkpoints much more quickly.
guiltyvictim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by guiltyvictim »

Seven Force wrote:
guiltyvictim wrote:Without NPF I noticed a lot of trains just getting stuck at stations because they're all queuing up for the same platform, so I don't really understand what's going on.
Seven Force wrote:I also like how turning "TTD-Patch Non-Stop handling" off completely jams up the ENTIRE network. :P
Take a peek at your patches and turn that one on, they'll get past checkpoints much more quickly.

I have that on by default, toggling it doesn't change the problem. Can someone list their entire settings here for me to compare notes?

Trains are picking wrong paths which leads to dead-ends, also at pre-signal blocks they're all picking the same exit which is what's causing the jams, which leads me to believe it's NPF related.
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

OK, since people are having trouble, here (3.6k) is the openttd.cfg which was used during actual game play on my server. The only change is that I have removed the password lines and server IP specification.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Torben DH
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Torben DH »

thats brilliant :shock:

one of the best networks ive seen!!!

even tough i prefeer longer trains............

Thinks me migth join this coop-thingy
TDH
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Nice load balancing system. :)
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
mrbdoom
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mrbdoom »

doesn't matter if i use the cfg u posted brianetta, even with npf turned off.
Silvan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Silvan »

Loading failed :(
webfreakz.nl
Director
Director

Post by webfreakz.nl »

Silvan wrote:Loading failed :(
As stated before, you need a nightly. It doesn't work with 0.4.0.1 ! :)
guiltyvictim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by guiltyvictim »

The config file helped me get it working, I finally figured out which switch caused the problem in my case, though I can't remember which one it was now ;p

Return to “General OpenTTD”