[WIP/REL] Scandinavian Pack (was: Norwegian Pack)

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

[WIP/REL] Scandinavian Pack (was: Norwegian Pack)

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Currently also working on a Norwegian pack for locomotion; with permission of trainsim.no

Currently researching; specifications needed etc etc. tommorow this post will be updated.

Download:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=921668#p921668
Last edited by Illegal_Alien on 29 Dec 2010 14:44, edited 5 times in total.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hmmm... wouldn't it be better to finish the other sets you make first?

Anyways, the Website for the Norwegian Trainset for TTDPatch might contain some interesting data.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
intercity125
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by intercity125 »

Im sure he can juggle a few things at the same time! He does release a lot of things, i say leave him to do as he wishes!
G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by G-TANK-G »

intercity125 wrote:Im sure he can juggle a few things at the same time! He does release a lot of things, i say leave him to do as he wishes!
YEAH!

*ahem* sorry. but yeah i agree leave him to it... the more the merryer :? :D (cant spell) :wink:
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Ok, one train: (Back to the old darkside ones; who looks the best atm)
Attachments
notrain1.png
notrain1.png (3.76 KiB) Viewed 17339 times
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Only thing keeping me from using these train packs is that the shading doesn't fit in with rest of Loco vehicles or scenery.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Without the shading they will even look worser compared to the original ones.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Hello IA,
i took a couple of minutes to do color-correction on a pic of yours from the BE thread. I used Digital Fusion to raise the darks in the image, pull the mids and highlights down and then added contrast / gain to make it look good again. it's not perfect and doesn't eliminate the "1 lightsource" look, but if you're interested let me know.

s

two pics for comparsion, original and colorcorrected. look at the front part of the... red train (sorry for the lack of knowledge here :)
Attachments
colorcorrected
colorcorrected
class13andam86andi104kt.jpg (34.72 KiB) Viewed 17297 times
original
original
class13andam86andi104kt.gif (18.62 KiB) Viewed 17301 times
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

That already, is quite a improviment. :)
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

that isnt a improvement...
intercity125
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by intercity125 »

But the effort to find a way through the shadows is being made at least, commendable nevertheless.
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

Illegal_Alien wrote:that isnt a improvement...
A bit more constructive could have been at its place.

Anyway I do too think it is not an improvement "because": the front-shading might be a bit lighter, however, the other shadings are too pixelated, it seems.

That would be a reason for me, not to use the lighter ones, altough it DOES is step in the right direction.

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

My conclusion after expirimenting (See the Beset topic) i would use the old darksides trains, in Photoshop you can get them lighter; but if i want to do that i need to keep the background color the same, editing the Brightnesssettings. This cant be done in a batch (Yes it can; but it isnt the same for all the trains; different trains need different settings)

So at this moment we should keep it with the "darksided" ones until a better way is found. (I saw that somebody was working on a new converter thing; but i dont know how that project is going on, ans who is doing it)

So at this point; i will stay at the already proofed conversions. (And no; the hunt for a solution isnt stopped)
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Dead or not thats the Question ;)
Attachments
trainthingy.gif
trainthingy.gif (184.51 KiB) Viewed 16258 times
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

First one ingame: More to come;

Ow and for the peple who are thinking that i am doing to much; well maybe i am; but at least i dont need to look contantly at a color known as yellow :lol: :lol:
Attachments
bm92snow.jpg
bm92snow.jpg (65.5 KiB) Viewed 16239 times
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

I'm not sure about the size: they look bigger than others that I've seen.
Nick - Creator of the virtual railroading review series:

cpthooker
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cpthooker »

looks good
'As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy, than to create.'
Capt Spock - The Wrath of Khan
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

train-a-mania wrote:I'm not sure about the size: they look bigger than others that I've seen.
You know that you can trust me?
chako
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by chako »

-Snip-
Last edited by chako on 02 Oct 2010 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Congratulations, if you read this, you are alive!
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

And the use of that? :?

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”