New Narrow Gauge Mod [REL]

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

m0b1u5-0n3
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

New Narrow Gauge Mod [REL]

Post by m0b1u5-0n3 »

is it possible to make a new (wider) curve for the narrow gauge, one that is a 2 piece curve like the standard track type 'wide curve'? this would be very helpful if possible, and by possible i would prefer poeple to at least look into it rather than just saying "no" because they think it sounds too hard :wink:

lol, don't take it the wrong way... i just find that there are a few lazy "know-it-all's" here, that just write "no" in a post just for the hell of posting, so if you don't know, please don't bother answering...

thank you :wink:
Last edited by m0b1u5-0n3 on 02 Jun 2005 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
thompson_fan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by thompson_fan »

I'm not able to design the mod you are after. However i think that this would be a great addition to locomotion.
Raptor
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Yup it is possible.
Just change <bit name="widecurve">0</bit> to <bit name="widecurve">1</bit> , and it should work then. Provided if it has the proper graphics.. Though it will probably work without graphics, but its always nice to see something you build, aye?
m0b1u5-0n3
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by m0b1u5-0n3 »

Akalamanaia wrote:Yup it is possible.
Just change <bit name="widecurve">0</bit> to <bit name="widecurve">1</bit> , and it should work then. Provided if it has the proper graphics.. Though it will probably work without graphics, but its always nice to see something you build, aye?
excellent, this is what i like to hear, ppl that know what they're talking about, thanks a million, i'll see what i can do graphics wise... then try the re-code, and hopefully post them here soon (that's if i have the time) :wink:
barney_5uk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by barney_5uk »

Yes, it is possible as described above - but you have to add graphics for wide curves and diagonal track. It works without graphics, I have tried out . When I have time left I will do the graphics, all has to be done is to take the graphics from trackst.dat and make them narrow gauge for trackng.dat.

I have just started to make diagonal narrow gauge tracks. There are just some graphical problems, where I have to find out how to handle, but in general it is possible.

Bernard
barney_5uk
Engineer
Engineer

wide narrow gauge curve

Post by barney_5uk »

It's finished - here you can get a narrow gauge pack for all curves. I made it also to fit for the small station and created a new station which is just a platform and a stop sign. I had also to disable the tight curve because the tracklaying tool does just alllows 3 types of curves, not 4.

!!! please save your origin trackng.dat before using this modification !!!

Bernard
Attachments
ng-diagonal.jpg
ng-diagonal.jpg (228.27 KiB) Viewed 9866 times
trackng.zip
(76.08 KiB) Downloaded 1124 times
gg190
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gg190 »

Excellent mod Thank you :lol:
His holiness

Jabhi Khushi Tabhi Tennent's, A film about love, peacocks and cold frothy lager!
barney_5uk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by barney_5uk »

Please note there are no rack rails for diagonal and wide curve. The mod works also, there are just no rack rails layed when you build wide and diagonal curves.

Bernard
Loewe13
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Loewe13 »

Barney your great thats what i nedded for my RRC RC2 ;-))) will start making RC2 immediently ;-)
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

barney_5uk wrote:Please note there are no rack rails for diagonal and wide curve. The mod works also, there are just no rack rails layed when you build wide and diagonal curves.

Bernard
but why should you need rackrails for straight lines? Only steep hills are usefull imho :)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Severous
Director
Director

Post by Severous »

Nice mod. Thanks guys.

I was using narrow a lot last week and it was a little frustrating to be limited to bends no faster than 23mph. Will the upper speed limit on the new mod/wide curve be the same as for standard gauge?
Regards
barney_5uk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by barney_5uk »

Sorry, I don't know, I haven't taken a look about, but I will do that.

Also I recognized you cannot lay rack rails through wide and diagonal curves. It would also be possible to introduce narrow gauge rails with wide and diagonal curves but without fitting to rack rails into the game.
I have tested this with a version where I fitted all my narrow gauge trams to a special version of narrow gauge rails with wide curves but without the capability of rack rails including the games' standard version of narrow gauge rails with the capability of rack rails, but without the capability of wide and diagonal curves. But if done so, you wouldn't have the advantage of wide curves in Swiss scenarios.

So I will better try to add wide and diagonal curves to raick rails and release that when finished. I will also take a look at speed settings for the narrow gauge rails. As soon as I see any progress, I will release further versions of modifications in this thread.

Bernard
d00mh4mm3r
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by d00mh4mm3r »

Im not shore where to put this, but because this topic is talking about new forms of track, i may as well shove it here.

Would it be possible to create that big 45 degree turn, and make it bend down or up.. just like the 90 drgree 1?
If it could, A LOT of my intersections would look A LOT smoother
--==Out Of Order==--
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

d00mh4mm3r wrote:Im not shore where to put this, but because this topic is talking about new forms of track, i may as well shove it here.

Would it be possible to create that big 45 degree turn, and make it bend down or up.. just like the 90 degree 1?
If it could, A LOT of my intersections would look A LOT smoother
That's a good one if possible.
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
jjlor
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jjlor »

Hello, I have tried to turn class 114 to use it as vehicle of narrow route but I have problems to create the .dat file. The Locotool always fail.

This is the xml file. Use sprites of unit 114. (114.dat)
Attachments
fgv2300.xml
(50.38 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
m0b1u5-0n3
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by m0b1u5-0n3 »

[quote="Severous"]Nice mod. Thanks guys.

I was using narrow a lot last week and it was a little frustrating to be limited to bends no faster than 23mph. Will the upper speed limit on the new mod/wide curve be the same as for standard gauge?[/quote]

YES, but its a long process, you need to change the value for the curve in each xml file for each narrow gauge vehicle, i suggest (because of the removal of the tight curve) that you make the 1st new curve the same value as the 2nd original curve, and 2nd as to 3rd etc, that way you will still have the original speeds of the trains on that curve, and then make the new wide curve 999kph or something, just so it can be full speed :wink:
m0b1u5-0n3
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by m0b1u5-0n3 »

Severous wrote:Nice mod. Thanks guys.

I was using narrow a lot last week and it was a little frustrating to be limited to bends no faster than 23mph. Will the upper speed limit on the new mod/wide curve be the same as for standard gauge?
YES, but its a long process, you need to change the value for the curve in each xml file for each narrow gauge vehicle, i suggest (because of the removal of the tight curve) that you make the 1st new curve the same value as the 2nd original curve, and 2nd as to 3rd etc, that way you will still have the original speeds of the trains on that curve, and then make the new wide curve 999kph or something, just so it can be full speed :wink:
barney_5uk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by barney_5uk »

curve speed:

There is an entry in both trackng.dat and trackst.dat:

<variable name="curvespeed" size="2">xxx</variable>

while this value xxx is 400 in trackst.dat for standard track and 150 in trackng.dat for narrow gauge track. If you want high speed trams on narrow gauge, just increase this value :lol:

vehicle modifications:

the entry for track type is

<useobject desc="tracktype" class="17">TRACKST </useobject>

change it for

<useobject desc="tracktype" class="17">TRACKNG </useobject>

this should be all to do :wink:

Bernard
barney_5uk
Engineer
Engineer

Re: 114 for narrow gauge

Post by barney_5uk »

This one works :wink:

Bernard
Attachments
114.zip
114 for narrow gauge
(90.53 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

barney_5uk wrote:curve speed:

There is an entry in both trackng.dat and trackst.dat:

<variable name="curvespeed" size="2">xxx</variable>

while this value xxx is 400 in trackst.dat for standard track and 150 in trackng.dat for narrow gauge track. If you want high speed trams on narrow gauge, just increase this value :lol:

vehicle modifications:

the entry for track type is

<useobject desc="tracktype" class="17">TRACKST </useobject>

change it for

<useobject desc="tracktype" class="17">TRACKNG </useobject>

this should be all to do :wink:

Bernard
Thats correct, my Faster Narrow Gauge corners mod uses tose values :)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”