Lost Wagons: broken coupler or TTDPatch bug

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Lost Wagons: broken coupler or TTDPatch bug

Post by Oleg »

Greetings.
I have suddenly found a strange picture in my game. The three wagons stand there without rails and engine, clicking on them makes TTD crash.
I wonder if it's the prolem in TTDPatch or in the way I set it up. In the .zip file there are crash log, the saved game, and my .cfg files. I would be very grateful if someone could explain me the matter.

2mods:
please, change the topic location to TTDPatch Problems (I was browsing the wrong forum, sorry).
Attachments
whatsthat.zip
saved game, configs, and crush log
(174.51 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Broken coupler or TTDP crush
<br />That is the question
Broken coupler or TTDP crush
That is the question
SCR1.jpg (53.39 KiB) Viewed 1810 times
TtdRussia.net - The Russian TTD, OpenTTD, and Locomotion Community
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Cht:DeleteVeh

It'll probably be more useful if you can find and post a save from before the coupler breaks.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

Looks like it's not a coupler failure, it's that fundamentalists have become local authority. Look at the screenshot. I see 2 problems:

1. The town looks like a chess playboard, there are too many bare land squares (well, perhaps I should feed it with food and goods)

2. The real one (and the cause of the broken coupler effect). When the town removes buildings, for some reason it removes track and stations also. I have never seen it before, and I think that is far from being normal.
Attachments
The 2 middle squares of the station have disappeared, the other two behave like nothing have happened.
The 2 middle squares of the station have disappeared, the other two behave like nothing have happened.
SCR2.jpg (67.76 KiB) Viewed 1714 times
TtdRussia.net - The Russian TTD, OpenTTD, and Locomotion Community
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

That exact thing has just happened in my game, I was building at one side of the map, and decided to see how my network was going at the other side.

My main city was suddenly a big chessboard, bits of platform from my stations has vanished, and also parts of the actual track. It's kinda annoying, because I keep having to rebuild roads and stations every 15mins. It MAY have something to do with the "town don't build roads" patch, because If they don't build roads, there's no stopping them deleting the roads already built to build buildings.

So, I dunno. I think this game is becoming extremely complicated :(
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

I think this has to do with the recently introduced feature that improved the town-build-algorithm.
It has certainly improved....for them :)

You can try turning that off and see if it helps.
New switch: townroadbranchprob (I hope Oskar is happy now
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Darkvater you don't even know how that work, it's only changes a constant in TTDs code, it's surely the new house feature that goes mad again... I am sure I told Csaba already this typ of Bug...

Or for Darkvater: Townroadbranch doesn't change any logic
Last edited by eis_os on 19 May 2005 14:37, edited 3 times in total.
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

Darkvater wrote:I think this has to do with the recently introduced feature that improved the town-build-algorithm.
There are two problems with your theory. One: This change was made in alpha 49, while the bug seems to be introduced in a50. Two: That patch was a very small one, only changing a constant that a variable is compared to (2 bytes only), so the behavior is still the same, just with different chances. It couldn't have caused this bug.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.—Philip K. Dick
Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

eis_os wrote:it's surely the new house feature that goes mad again...
...except that I haven't touched it in a50. Actually, I have no changes in a50, so please stop blaming me :roll:
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.—Philip K. Dick
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Ok, I blame Josef, he destroyed it :mrgreen:, maybe it's something in the station overbuilding feature :wink:
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”