Importing HeightMaps in OpenTTD?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

railer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railer »

...or just simply include this feature into the trunk. yeah, why not? hmm?
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Dalestan - I hope you dont mind, but I have integrated your patch (and brought it up to date) into the TGP branch. If you want to write a more wordy attribution in tgp.c, just write it and send me the patch - I'll commit it straight off.

You can now use PNGload to start a new game, so having the same physical terrain, but with different random towns etc. The PNGload works as before in the Scenario Generator, although Ive had to change how it integrates with the SaveLoad gui. Previously it would load the PNG immediately on selection. It now does different things depending on whether it is in the ScenGen when called, or starting a NewGame.

Ive also included 5 heightmaps Ive done for: USA, Meditteranean, San Francisco area, Western Europe, and Africa.

Hope you like it, and approve.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I don't currently have access to any sane way of editing/diffing tgp.c, but PNGLoad is not entirely my creation; I just acquired it somehow.
ChrisHuebsch, cccp, and lucaspiller also had a hand in its creation.

Good to see it's in SVN; as you probably noticed, I'm not the best at keeping it up to date.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “General OpenTTD”