New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread (Works In Progress)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

RSpeed tycoonfreak
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread

Post by RSpeed tycoonfreak »

I did but they still don't work. ?(
Attachments
overview.txt
(22.61 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Visit The Fake Airport Website
Hobbys: being 18 years old, soccer, go karting, and transport tycoon.
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

wild guess... do you now maybe have your folders: data/sprites/trgr1/sprites/trgr1 or just data/sprites/trgr1? The latter is the correct one...
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

It also depends on the name of the original grf's: If you have a trg1r.grf file in your data directory, create a directory sprites/trg1r. If you have a trgr.grf file in your data directory, create a directory sprites/trgr

Put the pngs in that directory. Also put the pngcodec exe file and your bat file in that directory, and then retry
RSpeed tycoonfreak
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RSpeed tycoonfreak »

I have data/sprites/trg1r

and in my data folder is trg1r.grf

do I have to unpack the folders there (grass 33%, grass66%, Grass 100% etc.) only the png's?

do 1 have to call it /sprites/trg1r.grf
or/sprites/trg1r

wich one?

EDIT: It's working now :D i unloaded all png's i thought I had to unload the maps only:P
Visit The Fake Airport Website
Hobbys: being 18 years old, soccer, go karting, and transport tycoon.
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

RSpeed tycoonfreak: That was all covered on the wiki, which is linked to from the 'Must read' locked post. I have altered the "note:" for the ground sprites slightly to make it clear that the folders need to be created if they do not already exist though.
Ben
bazil14
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bazil14 »

Hello, ive been trying to help the 32bbp project by 3d modeling, but im struggeling badly, im a lot better on the art side of things, i know my way around photoshop very well and i was wondering if some one knows the sprites for the gui (not the toolbar one but the others, like the window when you open the game etc) and if they could send them to me. as i would like to try and redraw them.

-Bazil14
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

This is a model of the concrete bridge, is too simple.
Attachments
Preview.
Preview.
puente.PNG (10.91 KiB) Viewed 13556 times
Puente homigon.blend.gz
3D Model gziped.
(199.3 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Preview without textures.
Preview without textures.
Puente.PNG (25.95 KiB) Viewed 13554 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
brupje
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by brupje »

I created a tar file of my busstation. The road seems to be slightly off, and how to get the color of the company to replace the red parts?
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
(240.04 KiB) Downloaded 799 times
busstation.tar
(250 KiB) Downloaded 688 times
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

maquinista: as you say, it's a little simple. Just add bits to break up the large flat areas and it should work fine.

Brupje: Looks good. The road isn't exact, but I need to update the roads as it is, therefore It may be easier for me to render just the road bits, and Photoshop them over. This way, I'll save the selections, and if other people want to adapt it for other road sets they could easily do so. For the team colour parts try taking a look at the 'train.tar' that I made. You'll see z0m.png files which are used to show what to team colour. The 'm' sprites don't require aligning, and should be the same size as the sprite there team colouring.
Ben
brupje
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by brupje »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote:maquinista: as you say, it's a little simple. Just add bits to break up the large flat areas and it should work fine.

Brupje: Looks good. The road isn't exact, but I need to update the roads as it is, therefore It may be easier for me to render just the road bits, and Photoshop them over. This way, I'll save the selections, and if other people want to adapt it for other road sets they could easily do so. For the team colour parts try taking a look at the 'train.tar' that I made. You'll see z0m.png files which are used to show what to team colour. The 'm' sprites don't require aligning, and should be the same size as the sprite there team colouring.
Thanks, how exactly did you get the 'mask' for the trains? Blender setting or a photoshop technique?
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

With Photoshop or Gimp: more hints on the page where this post is: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=669080#p669080
brupje
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by brupje »

GeekToo wrote:With Photoshop or Gimp: more hints on the page where this post is: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=669080#p669080
hmm thanks, but still too much effort for me ;)

Here's the procedure of what I got so far (will require .NET):
0: Create a blender scene
1. Run python script in blender to create rendered and mask images
2. Convert (trim) them to correct size/opacity
3. tar them

Step 0:
The python script (script.rar) assumes the following:
- Create a shadeless material with the color 285CA4 and a fakeuser (F). This will be used as the mask color.
- objects to be rendered must be placed in layers 7-9, as each layer will be switched on/off by the script for each perspective.
- Materials will be set to ENV by the script when rendering the mask image, except for the materials with a fakeuser (F) flag.
- Change the line rootpath ="c:\\ottdrender\\" in the script to a directory on your machine.

Step 1:
Run the attached python script in blender. It will render the scene into different files in the rootpath with the prefix "normal_".

Set the material of the object(s) you want to have the company color to the shadeless material. And change the following lines in the script:

PreFix = "normal_"
#PreFix="Mask_"

to

#PreFix = "normal_"
PreFix="Mask_"

Re-run the script. It will create mask images in the rootpath with the prefix "mask_".

After executing twice, you should have a few images (mask and normal) in the rootpath. Station_large.rar contains an example.

Step 2:

We need to make the large image usefull (trim the transparent pixels and adjust the mask image). Use the program blender_convert (from blender_convert.rar, source included in blender_convert_src.rar) to do this:

Code: Select all

C:\ottdrenders\station2>blender_convert.exe normal_station2_1_8.png mask_station2_1_8.png
It will say something like:

Code: Select all

Converting files...
Content rectangle (left,right,width,height): 141, 326, 144, 91
Files written as
C:\ottdrenders\station2\normal_station2_1_8_fixed_z0.png
C:\ottdrenders\station2\normal_station2_1_8_fixed_z0m.png
See station_small.rar for the result of this step.

The problem I have is to get the mask png to 8 bit. The main problem is that it's not an official standard and therefore not easy to write from command line. If I could get something like ImageMagick to convert mask png -> mask 8png this poblem would be solved.
Attachments
mask_procedure.rar
(34.04 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
normal_station2_1_8_fixed_z0.png
normal_station2_1_8_fixed_z0.png (9.64 KiB) Viewed 12045 times
normal_station2_1_8_fixed_z0m.png
normal_station2_1_8_fixed_z0m.png (548 Bytes) Viewed 12096 times
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

This sounds real cool, Brupje. I will try this one of these days.

I believe ( not sure though), that Irfanview has a /bpp commandline option, and can convert in batch mode
TagDaze
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TagDaze »

LordAzamath wrote:If anyone wants to make a big HQ, I have the base wip from some ancient time.. I myself won't bother to hassle with it, but you may :P
I'd be willing to finish the model and texture it.
yorick
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yorick »

brupje wrote:I created a tar file of my busstation. The road seems to be slightly off, and how to get the color of the company to replace the red parts?
If I add your shelters to the Drive-Through stations, they look very nice! 8)
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot
Geen naam, 1 Jan 1960.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 1481 times
Brupje - Drivethrough.tar
Tar file, credits go to Brupje! There are no company colors yet, and not aligned when placed next to eachother.
(82.5 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

I've updated the road sprites a bit. Going to do work on the lower zoom levels at some point, but as I've done the full zoom I'll post them. As these are generic I have left the road markings off again, but I may add some to a separate .tar eventually.

I've made a grid line free set; I've matched the newest grass version; I've reduced the saturation on the roads considerably, and slightly varied the brightness. There were a few overlapping pixels and/or semi-opaque pixels also that have been sorted. If there is anything else anyone noticed then please mention it sooner rather than later.

The .bat file is also attached (roads.rar), in case anyone needs it at some point.

I've run out of time tonight, and I'm away tomorrow, so if someone has the time to update the links to the road sprites on the wiki that would be super!

yorick/brupje: I'll update the road texture you have used for underneath the bus depot/drive through shortly and tweak that so they run together smoothly.
Attachments
Road - Lines.tar
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 1366 times
Road - No Lines.tar
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 1127 times
Roads.rar
(473 Bytes) Downloaded 674 times
Ben
brupje
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by brupje »

yorick wrote:
brupje wrote:I created a tar file of my busstation. The road seems to be slightly off, and how to get the color of the company to replace the red parts?
If I add your shelters to the Drive-Through stations, they look very nice! 8)
Cool :P

I have an issue with the company colors. I don't get how they are supposed to work :S

I've got 2701_z0.png and 2701_z0m.png. I would expect yellow chairs/roof when my comany color is yellow, but the result is something brownish. For green and blue this seems to work better. But not for the chairs. What am I doing wrong?
Attachments
2701_z0.png
2701_z0.png (10.42 KiB) Viewed 10430 times
2701_z0m.png
2701_z0m.png (1.07 KiB) Viewed 10405 times
Screenshot.png
(2.12 MiB) Downloaded 189 times
brupje
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by brupje »

never mind, got it. Here is an updated version of my busstation.

I did not include the road tiles as I feel they should be in ben_robbin's road pack.
Attachments
busstation.tar
(280 KiB) Downloaded 781 times
Screenshot.png
(1.79 MiB) Downloaded 549 times
Screenshot-2.png
(1.79 MiB) Downloaded 430 times
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Brupje: The areas which are blue in the 'm' sprite, apply the team colour, and they apply relative to the saturation of the area in the normal sprite. Because the chairs are almost desaturated, and the shelter panels relatively colourless also, they are effected little by the team colouring. If you use the original sprite you had it should work better, although the glass panels would be considerably more plain than the chairs.
Ben
brupje
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by brupje »

my verhicle station :)
Attachments
verhiclestation.tar
(310 KiB) Downloaded 792 times
Screenshot-7.png
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 712 times