Station Catchment Area

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Jango
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Station Catchment Area

Post by Jango »

We all know that a station catchment area can be viewed while you are placing a station, and most useful it is too.

Imagine if you could view the catchment area once the station was built.

Well! You can! This is (I hope) a useful feature to look forward to (although at present, it's only coded in the map branch).

(I should say that the GUI is temporary)
Attachments
catchment.png
catchment.png (34.38 KiB) Viewed 405 times
glimmer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by glimmer »

woot ncie - i would love this... would be sooo useful LOL see what building int he citys your not getting or where u can fund industriess... love it
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Would it maybe even more useful if (for example) the catchment area shows up when your cursor is at the station, or when the station window is open even without any button?

Just a quick thinking... maybe a bad suggestion... :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Jango
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jango »

hmm, it's an idea....

we'll have to think about it
CruDeLioS
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CruDeLioS »

I agree with Purno :)
Moriarty
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Moriarty »

Is that catchment area thing working properly? because unless i'm mistaken, the catchement area of the top station should look like my altered screenshot.

The bits that are white were shown as being the catchment area in your screenshot, but they arn't part of the catchment area.
Attachments
white = NON catchment area
white = NON catchment area
catchment_971.png (47.52 KiB) Viewed 322 times
Sionide
Director
Director

Post by Sionide »

this would be useful, i agree with purno's suggestion but that'd have to be a toggle option or people would get angry.......
...Synthetic Intelligent Organism Normally for Infiltration and Dangerous Exploration...
...sionide.net...
glimmer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by glimmer »

I think the button on the station wrap sheet should be enough, you dont cheak the stations catchment all that much, would just be a nicety and anyways that way u could leave the catchment enabled while you did other stuff around the station rather than have to have your mouse over to see it.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”