Finnish Train Set Releases Thread [Only Taster Available]

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Finnish Train Set Releases Thread [Only Taster Available]

Post by Lakie »

Hi,

I decided to split the Release Thread from the Main thread, due to the main thread being a mess.

Right, next thing below is the Finnish Taster,

Needs
TTDpatch 2.0.1r a39 or higher
TTDpatch switch Multihead set to 0

Vehicles
Dm7 (Per Unit) (MU)
Year = 1953
Speed = 71 MPH
weight = 26 tons
Power = 174 HP
Cargo = Passengers
Amount = 48
Cost = £8,000
Type = Diesel

Sm1 (Per Unit) (MU)
Year = 1968
Speed = 75 MPH
weight = 47 tons
Power = 1,160 HP
Cargo = Passengers
Amount = 90
Cost = £7,000
Type = Electric

Sr1
Year = 1972
Speed = 87 MPH
weight = 84 tons
Power = 4,215 HP
Cargo = N/A
Cost = £18,000
Type = Electric

Dr16
Year = 1985
Speed = 87 MPH
weight = 82 tons
Power = 2,253 HP
Cargo = N/A
Cost = £17,000

Type = Diesel

Vr Coach (Wagon)
Year = 1961
Speed limit = 75 MPH
weight = 41 tons
Cargo = Passengers
Amount = 80
Cost = £1,000

How to use
Multiple Units
You need to build these locomotive by locomotive.
First Locomotive, buy like normal.
Next ones, Buy using the Ctl Key.

Single Units
Buy Like a Normal Train

Notes
Sm1
The Livery of the Units you attach to the Sm1 will be the same as that Sm1
When moving Units, Hold Ctl otherwise Graphics will be reversed.

Dm7
When moving Units, Hold Ctl otherwise Graphics will be reversed.

Does not have any Set Compatablity sorry guys.

Bugs
None known,
If you find any please post them here.

Download
Below, or off our website.
Windows Version | DOS Version

Oh, and Enjoy,
(Comments and feedback would also be nice)
Attachments
FinnishTaster.zip
DOS version
(9.42 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
FinnishTasterw.zip
Windows Version
(9.49 KiB) Downloaded 833 times
Last edited by Lakie on 03 Jan 2005 21:23, edited 8 times in total.
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Just a notice,

Sorry if I don't resond straight away over the next 3 weeks, but I have my first AS level exams over that time,
I will aim to fix bugs as soon as they are found, in the taster, also I will aim to put a screenshot up.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Some Screenies for those who want to see the trains in action..
Attachments
Year is 1992, you see 1 SR1 in new livery loading wood on the platform, while other is passing it to get its load of paper at a station far away, you also see a DR16 Hauling Goods wagons to its load platform, a SM1 on a platform in mint livery, and a DM7
Year is 1992, you see 1 SR1 in new livery loading wood on the platform, while other is passing it to get its load of paper at a station far away, you also see a DR16 Hauling Goods wagons to its load platform, a SM1 on a platform in mint livery, and a DM7
Modern Times.png (112.15 KiB) Viewed 19824 times
Year is 1973, you see 1 SR1 Approaching a Wood loading platform, while other hauling paper is going for its own platform ahead to unload it for the printing works, you also see a brown SM1 in edge of the screen, and the Blue Dm7 near the passenger station
Year is 1973, you see 1 SR1 Approaching a Wood loading platform, while other hauling paper is going for its own platform ahead to unload it for the printing works, you also see a brown SM1 in edge of the screen, and the Blue Dm7 near the passenger station
OldTimes.png (113.07 KiB) Viewed 19826 times
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

They look nice! Nice work by all the team, the final release should be really nice :D.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Well thank you Raichase, the team worked A LOT for this Release. :)
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

Looks like another good graphics set is going to be added to the wall/walk/hall of fame :)
Formerly known as Lachie
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Lakie great work :bow: Although I've not tested/played ;) the final taster release... maybe if I do I'll bow again :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

hmmm 13 downloads on windows version, and 2 on the dos one but so few comments.. :o
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I downloaded and tested it this morning.

I like a lot the idea of a new set; but there are too few trains in there... I mean, I know it is only a test release, but you could have waited until you had a larger variety, since with only about 5 trains you can't give an opinion.
In the other hand, however, Chis Sawyer's original game doesn't give you too much variety in the tropic and arctic sets either... so you can be proud 8)

The MUs should have automatically adapted liveries for passenger cars (and mail, if you want to use mail vans with emus too)
Also there is one locomotive that when used in multihead, changes sprite with other one

It's looking quite good, but it is too soon to tell an opinion yet. I can only tell you: Go on with it!! I'm liking what I see now
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

we have A LOT more coded trains, but they are not all thoroughly tested as the ones in the taster, thus we decided to give people something to try, while we work on the larger set itself.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

aaarrrrggh!! the tester and the taster and the test of the taste of tons of those tiny tin trains!! aaaahh!! (@_@)

>ehem<

so this is not a TEST release, but a TASTE release. But you give me a bean to taste out of all the stew...
that's what I meant; it looks good; but if you ask me how does it taste, I'll tell you it tastes like too few.

I have to replace the T key in my keyboard now...
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

hilarius post you made... :lol:
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Sanchimaru wrote:I have to replace the T key in my keyboard now...
You also need to go do something other than browse the forums making funny comments - although it is keeping me amused ;)

eis_os: Could we stay on topic please, thanks
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Sanchimaru wrote:but if you ask me how does it taste, I'll tell you it tastes like too few.
Does that mean you would have advised us not to release a taste release?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

I think that he meant to say there are to few trains, but isn't advicing against releasing teaser releases, i think we'll do a update later, but we must discuss all this first at the irc channel.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Yes, a taste release is cool! I only meant that with so few trains, it's hard to tell you what do I think (because Akalamanaia was complaining about people not saying anything)

So I meant that if people who downloaded it didn't speak about it; maybe it's because having only 5 trains don't give you a full impression of what will the set be.
So people is still waiting for a release with more locomotives, variety, traincars etc. The effort of releasing a taster is highly appreciated, so don't feel down for that! the latest steamers looked great! and we are all wanting to see this set released, but take your time.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

How many trains and wagons would you concider enough?
Just out of Interest.

~ Lakie
way2good
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by way2good »

wow, looks nice, is there any place where I could see all the trains and wagons?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

We're still developing a website AFAIK, but you could visit our development topic in this graphics forum.
Image Image
way2good
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by way2good »

20 pages @__@, i got a life u know ^_____^ (ill wait for 'da site )

Return to “Graphics Releases”