Complex railroad networks!

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Majesty
Engineer
Engineer

Complex railroad networks!

Post by Majesty »

Hi, i want to see pictures of your networks.
Anything goes, but i want to see the most complex network u ever made in Locomotion. I have been on a trip to England the last week (was at Old Trafford and saw Man Utd - Liverpool :-D ) så i havent played too much, but i have one here.

http://blink.dagbladet.no/user/files/p/ ... _snart.jpg

http://blink.dagbladet.no/user/files/p/ ... SIGNAL.jpg

http://blink.dagbladet.no/user/files/p/ ... ypoint.jpg
ampz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ampz »

You have way more waypoints than needed.
Majesty
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Majesty »

Maybe so, but it didnt work without them.
alphagamma
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alphagamma »

fsdave
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by fsdave »

Good job.

Any traffic jams? :D
Majesty
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Majesty »

ro-ro stations is so much better than the others. Much more efficient
Rens2Sea
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rens2Sea »

No pathing problems, no traffic jams, only 2 trains with extra waypoints. 8)
alphagamma
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alphagamma »

Rens2Sea wrote:No pathing problems, no traffic jams, only 2 trains with extra waypoints. 8)
Nice!
Rens2Sea
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rens2Sea »

Btw, those 2 trains are in that Widescreen savegame. (not sure if 2 tho) And i might have some in the others as well.
shYheim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shYheim »

nothin fancy, i prefer to build a seperate part of the station for everytrain. I find that is way more effecient then building signals ( if the space permits of course)
Attachments
Screenshot7.png
Screenshot7.png (253.63 KiB) Viewed 1296 times
Screenshot6.png
Screenshot6.png (268.22 KiB) Viewed 1601 times
looking for people to host games of locomotion so we can play, pm me if your interested :)
Majesty
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Majesty »

LoL shYheim, that looks funny, must be expensive to build like that?
The Fjonis
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by The Fjonis »

I used to build like that in the old TT games, but that got boooooring... So when I got Locomotion, I learnt how to use the signal systems and all, and now, I never build like that any more. The more complex and good-looking the network, the better, IMO! (if not necessarily more time-efficient, it surely is more cost-efficient)
TheDaian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TheDaian »

this isn't really all that complex of a network system, though it's got 9 trains running on it, serving 3 oil wells. pretty sure it was one of the easy scenarios, north america west.

first one is the accepting station at a refinery, next one is a zoomed out view of most of the network.
Attachments
complex2.PNG
complex2.PNG (83.11 KiB) Viewed 5229 times
complex.PNG
complex.PNG (157.7 KiB) Viewed 5364 times
Slangen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Slangen »

Here's one of my complex networks. I'm a beginner in complex networks, so it really isn't that cool. It's very good money in it btw. 7 or 8 trains earning about $700.000 for each trip.
Attachments
network.JPG
network.JPG (124.71 KiB) Viewed 5319 times
Majesty
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Majesty »

TheDaian
U have four track at your station, but only 3 stations, even when u have mede the signals for the final one :wink:
shYheim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shYheim »

Majesty wrote:LoL shYheim, that looks funny, must be expensive to build like that?
considering after a few years you have so much money its rediculous, its really not bad building like that, and i never understood why A LOT of people have a 5 rail station but only 1 train can go in it at a time, id rather have them all do what they want when they want.

i know how to use signals and i only make networks like you guys do when im doing passengers in a really tight area and have multiple trains running to one station.

however: a station with all sorts of useless criss crosses and signals does look pretty damn cool though.
looking for people to host games of locomotion so we can play, pm me if your interested :)
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

Ewww.....look at all those brick bridges. Looks like shYheim took lessons from the AI in trackbuilding. ;)
shYheim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shYheim »

DarkMatter wrote:Ewww.....look at all those brick bridges. Looks like shYheim took lessons from the AI in trackbuilding. ;)
OH-MY-GEE your gonna be taking lessons from my fist in your face. 8)

if your so smart, im going to post the savegame with that track setup in it, and please set it up for me in the most effecient way possible using signals and all the whatnot, i still think the way i have it is the most effecient, instead of having the tracks cross over each other and use signals, id rather just go over top.

but yeah, anyone who wants to take a crack at this, like seriosely id really like to know what i could have done better. thanks :)
Attachments
Basic.rar
(365.71 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
Last edited by shYheim on 25 Sep 2004 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

I was *kidding* with you. Notice the ";)" at the end of the post, denoting a light-hearted, "poking-fun-at," kind of tone. No need to get offended by it.

Return to “General Locomotion”