Vehicle List

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Cidron
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cidron »

could we also get something like... how many cars a certain loco will carry without gettin slowed down to much, or if you have more precise performance specs, maybe those.. Something like

Engine 1 2 3 4 5 (etc)
name car car car car car

each engine will be listed, with its performance (mph/kph) with the given number of cars (irregardless of terrain mods, top speeds only).
Q: Is the glass half full or half empty

A: I have kids, thus the glass is empty.
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

Every engine has a given power in kWh.
Depending the terrain i multiply the weight of the cargo with atleast a factor 5.
So for a cargo weight of 300 ton, you need a machine with 5*300=1500 kWh.
d00mh4mm3r
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by d00mh4mm3r »

For a forum that ment to be talking about locomotion list, why are you all talking about what is put at the top speed... km/h or mph...

Any way, back to the MAIN point of this, pictures would be grand to have with the list.. hay nice job by the way on getting details..

Also i do think all trains should be able to be used, we still use an old steam loco for showing high class people around australia, there are 5 in victoria alone (it may not be much, but in a modern socity its cool)
--==Out Of Order==--
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

Re:d00mh4mm3r said:For a forum that ment to be talking about locomotion list, why are you all talking about what is put at the top speed... km/h or mph...

Explain :? Do you have trouble with the new S.I standards?
d00mh4mm3r
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: chevyrider

Post by d00mh4mm3r »

Nope i dont have a problem with it, but why are you guys making such a fuss over km/h or mph, we(users) are al over the world, some places may even use cm/h.. lol
--==Out Of Order==--
Cidron
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cidron »

yeah, cm/h would apply to a seriously unreliable bus.. jk

btw, can there be a nice looking printable version, master list of the vehicles, instead of just a list of text, one after the other taking only the left third of the paper, and lasting about 10 pages.
Q: Is the glass half full or half empty

A: I have kids, thus the glass is empty.
d00mh4mm3r
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by d00mh4mm3r »

This topic may be a bit old, but will there ever be a list of all the objects made in locomotion, with all the detailed info, and a picture next to it?
I know it will take some time to create, MS Access seems to be the best program to use, as you can group bundles of then in serch.
If no-one is willing to do it, it will take me some time to re-adjust myself with MS access.

cheers
--==Out Of Order==--
scrat
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by scrat »

d00mh4mm3r wrote:This topic may be a bit old, but will there ever be a list of all the objects made in locomotion, with all the detailed info, and a picture next to it?
I know it will take some time to create, MS Access seems to be the best program to use, as you can group bundles of then in serch.
If no-one is willing to do it, it will take me some time to re-adjust myself with MS access.
Hold on. I believe I wrote something to generate a database ages ago. [checks ancient projects folder]. Attached is a csv file containing all objects currently in my objdata folder. And before you ask, I am not releasing the program (I get enough support request emails as it is).

You should be able to import the csv file into MS Access or MS Excel without any problems. As a bonus, I made a few adjustments so it also lists the non-vehicle files.
Attachments
vehicles.rar
(8.48 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
So long and thanks for all the fish.
NS 6504
Engineer
Engineer

Post by NS 6504 »

What kind of database do you mean scrat?

Just currious. (or how do you spell that.)
init
Engineer
Engineer

Post by init »

chevyrider wrote:Every engine has a given power in kWh.
Depending the terrain i multiply the weight of the cargo with atleast a factor 5.
So for a cargo weight of 300 ton, you need a machine with 5*300=1500 kWh.
Engine power is measured in kilowatt (kW), not kilowatt-hours (kWh). Running a train for a specified time consumes a couple of kWh.
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

init wrote:
chevyrider wrote:Engine power is measured in kilowatt (kW), not kilowatt-hours (kWh). Running a train for a specified time consumes a couple of kWh.
You're right, slip of the pen (Uh.. wrong key) :lol:
In my days we had :pk ,hp or ps depending the language.
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”