Pictures of your games (non-OT thread)

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Lloyd Wolf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Lloyd Wolf »

Finally got around to wrapping up my second playthrough on "Power Mad"...

EDIT: Game is uploaded here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=455974#455974
Attachments
The junction at the head of the main line. All 70 of those coal trains pass through this junction, along with 4 or 5 wood trains. It's not terribly pretty, but it gets the job done.
The junction at the head of the main line. All 70 of those coal trains pass through this junction, along with 4 or 5 wood trains. It's not terribly pretty, but it gets the job done.
CLPT1217.gif (164.15 KiB) Viewed 5587 times
Just under the Frudhall terminus is the central junction of mixed freight and passenger line. The wood trains heading into Cadinghall south share the triple mainline down from the mountains.
Just under the Frudhall terminus is the central junction of mixed freight and passenger line. The wood trains heading into Cadinghall south share the triple mainline down from the mountains.
CLPT1218.gif (175.87 KiB) Viewed 5591 times
The power plant at Frudhall is the terminus of nearly 70 coal trains. This is the first time I have needed to use three input lines to a single station.
The power plant at Frudhall is the terminus of nearly 70 coal trains. This is the first time I have needed to use three input lines to a single station.
CLPT1216.gif (169.05 KiB) Viewed 5592 times
Last edited by Lloyd Wolf on 17 Jun 2006 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
||Linkxors||NW||DA||BS||MJ||
Lloyd Wolf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Lloyd Wolf »

Continued.
Attachments
This is a color coded picture of the whole map. The red T indicates the main coal line, the yellow lines indicate pure passenger lines, and the blue line indicates the aforementioned mixed goods line.
This is a color coded picture of the whole map. The red T indicates the main coal line, the yellow lines indicate pure passenger lines, and the blue line indicates the aforementioned mixed goods line.
CLPT1213.gif (35.24 KiB) Viewed 5582 times
This is the first time I've used the 'Sunset' over the Acela express. Four of these trains run the northern most passenger line, one of 4 such lines across the board.
This is the first time I've used the 'Sunset' over the Acela express. Four of these trains run the northern most passenger line, one of 4 such lines across the board.
CLPT1214.gif (165.36 KiB) Viewed 5582 times
At the southern most extreme of the mixed goods line is another terminus at Branway. Livestock and Grain come from the northwest an northeast and food trains exit to the northeast.
At the southern most extreme of the mixed goods line is another terminus at Branway. Livestock and Grain come from the northwest an northeast and food trains exit to the northeast.
CLPT1215.gif (171.97 KiB) Viewed 5581 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

Here we see a Bombardier "Voyager" - "Bristol Voyager" - waiting at a red signal as it's Electric companion, the Alstom "Pendolino" "Pride of Stoke-On-Trent", crosses over the points to head East.

A lone BR321 EMU trundles down the East Downline.

All this takes place under the sight of Dewton Marshalling Yard, where we see the ancient EE 10000s at the head of decomissioned mineral wagons and brake vans respectively. This is the highlight of the yard, but there is much action going on.

Next to the two EE 10000s, we see a small collection of decommissioned freight wagons, next to a brand new 67, 67094, which is at the head of a long conflat consist.

In the last shed, we see the head of another BR321, which is sitting directly opposite 56009 Type 5 at the head of assorted brand new wagons.

Next to this, we see a long line of polybulk wagons, putting into shadow a 91 that is in for maintenance.

On the through line of the yard, we see two long freights waiting for the passenger trains to die down at around 7:30pm before heading off to their destinations. On the downline, 67034 class 67 is at the head of a long tanker train. On the upline, the out of shot 67011 class 67 is heading an equally long polybulk train.

(All the train numbers are fictitious, and those carriages "without" a train... it's not something special, it's just that you can't see them intentionally :D. This picture was made possible by Pikka's BRILLIANT v3 beta of his UKRS. Enjoy it :D)
Attachments
screen.png
screen.png (105.92 KiB) Viewed 5503 times
Last edited by Dave on 06 Aug 2006 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Snazzy. :)

BTW, under TOPS, the first two digits of a locomotive's number are its class (first three digits for a MU). That's the easiest way to work out what class something is in reality if you don't know. :P

Additionally, the first digit of a diesel locomotive's class is its old Type number, with a few exceptions (Class 20 is a Type 1, Class 31 is a Type 2, and everything from 60 up is a Type 5, because that's the highest Type number).
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

Here's a few pics of my latest game. Its done on a custom map, which I designed. If you want the map it can be found on the OTTD forum, Here.

I am quite proud of this map, it has a nice feel to it. There are tourist towns on the north coast, with a railway line connecting them, a lovely scenic river and busy industrial towns to the east and south.
Attachments
A small station, with central through platform, essential as the coal trains pass through non-stop.
A small station, with central through platform, essential as the coal trains pass through non-stop.
Red River Transport, 3rd Sep 1992.png (234.77 KiB) Viewed 824 times
A busy scene. This junction handles a large amount of passenger traffic into Cartworth, as well as some freight to the power stations and factories along the coast.
A busy scene. This junction handles a large amount of passenger traffic into Cartworth, as well as some freight to the power stations and factories along the coast.
Red River Transport, 5th Oct 1992.png (222.64 KiB) Viewed 828 times
The Map. It's quite an elegant landscape I think, with lots of character.
The Map. It's quite an elegant landscape I think, with lots of character.
Red River Transport, 10th Sep 1992.png (116.44 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Age of Industry Replacement Set
Themed industry set for OpenTTD

The Greenest Valley
A beautiful scenario featuring Cardiff and the south Wales valleys

Mountains and Prairies
Huge scenario based on Western Canada
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

HaroldV wrote:A historic zeppelin drifts by the tropical capital's main station during rush hour. The Californian livery of the F59PHIs is pretty cool.
Um, what are those white tankers hauled by the AC8000s? Honestly, I've never seen them before. :(
PikkaBird wrote:
Jim Powers wrote:Pikkabird's tunnels
Hmm? I don't have any tunnels.
Ah, Sanchimaru forgot to mention eis_os' tunnels in his last screenshot post. :P

EDIT: Nevermind. I now know they are just modern water tankers.
Last edited by White Rabbit on 26 Jun 2006 07:21, edited 1 time in total.
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

OK, I think it is time to post some screenies as well from my game.

I was inspired by Jamesvassies "Trough The Tube" project on OpenTTD and I felt the urge to replay my "Ile de France" scenario. With the recent developments it is possible to make it a little bit more realistic at least. Namely irregular stations help A LOT for such things.

Here are a couple of impressions. I will make a real story later...

Starting with the big Train Stations:
Attachments
Gare the Montparnasse services the sout and west of the area. Currently it is the Terminus to one of the metro lines, but this is to be changed soon.
Gare the Montparnasse services the sout and west of the area. Currently it is the Terminus to one of the metro lines, but this is to be changed soon.
Montparnasse.png (95.9 KiB) Viewed 5172 times
this is the other main station in the South East. Gare de Lyon. Also served by two metro lines and the terminus for the "Grand Lines" trains coming from Mellin
this is the other main station in the South East. Gare de Lyon. Also served by two metro lines and the terminus for the "Grand Lines" trains coming from Mellin
Gare de Lyon.png (94.76 KiB) Viewed 5172 times
Gare d' Austerlitz. Serviced by two metrolines as well as the "Grand Lines" trains down to Etampes.
Gare d' Austerlitz. Serviced by two metrolines as well as the "Grand Lines" trains down to Etampes.
Austerlitz.png (91.56 KiB) Viewed 5173 times
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Second and last for now. Gotta see the football now.
Attachments
Just to show, I'm also active with some Industries. This is the area North East from Paris-Orly with two factories producing well over 1200 crates of goods together...
Just to show, I'm also active with some Industries. This is the area North East from Paris-Orly with two factories producing well over 1200 crates of goods together...
Orly East.png (111.6 KiB) Viewed 824 times
The track network around the "Quartier de Luxembourg". this is probably the most densly populated area so far. Serviced by three metro lines and more to follow.
The track network around the "Quartier de Luxembourg". this is probably the most densly populated area so far. Serviced by three metro lines and more to follow.
Luxembourg.png (115.73 KiB) Viewed 5165 times
Making good use of the Irregular Station feature. Chatelet les Halles is meeting point for no less then 4 metro lines.
Making good use of the Irregular Station feature. Chatelet les Halles is meeting point for no less then 4 metro lines.
Chatelet.png (95.66 KiB) Viewed 5165 times
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
Jezulkim
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Jezulkim »

Nice metro lines :)
Btw, I have always thought why are you using my japanset grass as it's very unfinished.

And now some "see you soon screenies" from me as I'll be away for a while - three weeks in Spain :). If I can find a computer with an internet, I'll visit here.
Attachments
Lonely flats next to a highway.
Lonely flats next to a highway.
SCR25.png (61.24 KiB) Viewed 6782 times
A nice harbour city.
A nice harbour city.
SCR18.png (95.54 KiB) Viewed 6786 times
The better coloring choises can make your normal TTD vehicles look fresh again.
The better coloring choises can make your normal TTD vehicles look fresh again.
SCR15.png (72.85 KiB) Viewed 6787 times
In order to protect the visitors of this site,
TTO Full Conversion!
This post has been lol 1337 times.
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Nice screenies from you as well. Thanks for sharing.

What do you mean with the japangrass being "unfinished"? I think it is quite ok.
I like it, because it is not so bright then the standard TTD grass.
Jezulkim
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Jezulkim »

Unfinished: look at the grass under rails or road, it's different than grass without rails or road. Tunnel is not coded, and maybe some other parts are not coded too.
In order to protect the visitors of this site,
TTO Full Conversion!
This post has been lol 1337 times.
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

it's all finished and working fine in the japan set...
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Ok, more impressions from that game.

This picture shows the double viaduct of Marne la Vallee. The speciality of those is, that not as usually one for each direction. These are both used bi-directionaly with northern one being for the Express and locals from Ferte Gaucher to MLV, Roissy, Gare de l'Est as well as Gare du Nord.
The southern viaduct is for the Metro line from Ferte Gaucher towards Nogent s/ Marne and Gare de l'Est.

This setup leads to some interesting situations, where you for example can see an ET-87 on the Metro service being overtacken by an ET-11 on the Express service to Ferte Gaucher.

However, with recent increase in traffic, especially on the northern viaduct, there might soon be a need to build a third one.

I already wonder how I'm gonna explain that to the local council
Attachments
MLV double viaduct.png
MLV double viaduct.png (98.83 KiB) Viewed 6552 times
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

May I ask you for the config and savegame?
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Another one.

This shows the recently grown Station of Marne la Vallee

at the very bottom, we have the terminus tracks for the locals from Gare de l'Est.
then follows the Metro line and then the trough tracks for the locals and express trains from Gare de l'Est to Ferte Gaucher.

Then we have a single track terminus for the Metro line from Roissy and two trough platforms for the locals and Express trains to Roissy and Gare du Nord.
Attachments
Gare de Marne la Vallee.png
Gare de Marne la Vallee.png (139.38 KiB) Viewed 1157 times
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

eis_os wrote:May I ask you for the config and savegame?
the great master is asking me for my savegame. What an honor...
:D

Here it is. Let me know if you need any of the older grfs that I might have activated ingame...
Attachments
For Oskar.rar
(197.61 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
Lloyd Wolf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Lloyd Wolf »

Some more somewhat expansive and ugly looking junctions from another game...
Attachments
One of the upper terminuses... termini? of the main line. The four main lines are distanced because the outer lines were added MUCH later than the original line.
One of the upper terminuses... termini? of the main line. The four main lines are distanced because the outer lines were added MUCH later than the original line.
CLPT1005.gif (163.52 KiB) Viewed 6335 times
Goods trains branch off the main line towards a recipient city. The junction looks messy due to the odd spacing of the four main tracks.
Goods trains branch off the main line towards a recipient city. The junction looks messy due to the odd spacing of the four main tracks.
CLPT1004.gif (150.97 KiB) Viewed 6337 times
A quadruple line coming in from the northeast: The six platformed "Bruwood Factory Output" serves about forty trains, the four platformed "Bruwood Factory Input" serves about thirty.
A quadruple line coming in from the northeast: The six platformed "Bruwood Factory Output" serves about forty trains, the four platformed "Bruwood Factory Input" serves about thirty.
CLPT1003.gif (159.61 KiB) Viewed 6338 times
Lloyd Wolf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Lloyd Wolf »

More...
Attachments
This setup greatly reminded me of Disneyland.
This setup greatly reminded me of Disneyland.
CLPT1008.gif (173.01 KiB) Viewed 6334 times
A Wardale 604. Purchasing a set of these was the highlight of the game. I like how it is faster than the Pendelino passing on the right.
A Wardale 604. Purchasing a set of these was the highlight of the game. I like how it is faster than the Pendelino passing on the right.
CLPT1006.gif (151.42 KiB) Viewed 6333 times
A similar setup to the Bruwood terminus, this station complex is a bit tidier.
A similar setup to the Bruwood terminus, this station complex is a bit tidier.
CLPT1007.gif (152.67 KiB) Viewed 6333 times
The Person
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by The Person »

Long since last time I built any real complicated junctions, which is what I like most in this game. But here goes, this is the biggest junction in my current game, which I managed to place in the worst place possible, namely next to a cluster of farms which of course are serviced. But as I said this is what I love this game for.
Attachments
Enhancetunnels rocks!
Enhancetunnels rocks!
tehcrossing.png (191.48 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Wow, were those farms created by the map generator?

Return to “Screenshots”