FLHerne's UK screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FLHerne's random screenshots

Post by FLHerne »

Well, that didn't go so well... :roll:
Anyway, I started another game

All the railways so far radiate from this station, where coal and iron ore are transferred onto boats to go down this river...
Hawthorn & Co., 21st Mar 1924.png
Hawthorn & Co., 21st Mar 1924.png (150.06 KiB) Viewed 4122 times
...to the sea. There's quite a bit more river in between. These ships will head across the ocean to a steel mill on the far side, as yet the only industry being supplied.
Hawthorn & Co., 21st Mar 1924#1.png
Hawthorn & Co., 21st Mar 1924#1.png (106.93 KiB) Viewed 4122 times
f
Two small saddle tanks reach the summit, after struggling up the bank from Crookston Mine with their loaded ore train. It's downhill all the way now :-)
Hawthorn & Co., 15th Jun 1924.png
Hawthorn & Co., 15th Jun 1924.png (175.86 KiB) Viewed 4122 times
Last edited by FLHerne on 11 Oct 2012 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

The steel mill at the far end. I had to build a small railway to get stuff there, it's already overloaded so canals may be in order in the future.
Hawthorn & Co., 29th Feb 1928.png
Hawthorn & Co., 29th Feb 1928.png (156.72 KiB) Viewed 4120 times
The transfer point for that railway, with ore and clay trains loading. The latter go to a brickworks over the hill.
Hawthorn & Co., 1st Mar 1928.png
Hawthorn & Co., 1st Mar 1928.png (134.6 KiB) Viewed 4120 times
I got fed up of ships going through each other and glitching on corners, so the river as shown in early shots has been widened a lot. New FISH reduces the costs, so that's practical :D .
Hawthorn & Co., 1st Mar 1928#1.png
Hawthorn & Co., 1st Mar 1928#1.png (174.45 KiB) Viewed 4120 times
Last edited by FLHerne on 11 Oct 2012 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

The loading point grew a little too. One mainline and one branch train leave, another branch train unloads while a third waits its turn. The saddle-tanks on most routes have already given way to Jinties.
Hawthorn & Co., 1st Mar 1928#2.png
Hawthorn & Co., 1st Mar 1928#2.png (155.49 KiB) Viewed 4119 times
On the recently-built freight mainline, an empty ore train passes its loaded counterpart. Soon these will be full in both directions, with stone and coal to a cement works planned to provide a load for the return trip.
Hawthorn & Co., 9th Mar 1928.png
Hawthorn & Co., 9th Mar 1928.png (167.79 KiB) Viewed 4110 times
SniperDJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SniperDJ »

lovely shots, i really like the transfer point from train to ship
ImageImageTake a look at my Australia Scenario (work in progress)Image Proud citizen of The Netherlands
recently aquired the FCE
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

Are those 0-6-0 Goods, 0-6-0 Freight or 0-8-0 Minerals on your ore trains? I ask because I never really know how long an ore or coal train can be before it needs the power of an 0-8-0.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

A mixture. The really long ones in the last picture (8 tiles) have an 0-8-0 each, the 6-tile trains serving the brickworks have modern 0-6-0s. The branch trains recently handed over to the Jinties are 5-tile, with some nasty hills. Speed doesn't matter too much there though...

The short and overloaded railway serving Hough Green steelworks has been replaced by a canal, with ships serving the mill directly. The transfer station has, however, increased in size and importance, as another brickworks has been connected and the associated mineral traffic builds up. It also directly serves the lime kiln on the coast. One ship has just finished offloading clay, while another drops off some coal for the kiln. Trains leave simultaneously to the two brickworks, while another waits to load.
Hawthorn & Co., 18th May 1931#2.png
Hawthorn & Co., 18th May 1931#2.png (130.4 KiB) Viewed 4015 times
Here's the steel mill, with a couple of ore boats arriving.
Hawthorn & Co., 18th May 1931#3.png
Hawthorn & Co., 18th May 1931#3.png (153.54 KiB) Viewed 4015 times
Odd-looking junction on the mainline. There's a clay pit down the branch to the left, and a couple of sandpits further along on the main route.
Hawthorn & Co., 18th May 1931#4.png
Hawthorn & Co., 18th May 1931#4.png (153.17 KiB) Viewed 4015 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Giant picture with some of andythenorth's great ships :D
Hawthorn & Co., 6th Oct 1932.png
(383.85 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FLHerne's UK-style screenshots

Post by FLHerne »

And, one long delay later, there are more! :D

Accpool South station is the hub of this new network, handling express and local services from most nearby cities.
Simultaneous departures to Greatwood and Fradchurch; several other trains are waiting to arrive or depart. The station entry could use reworking to cope with the rapidly-increasing traffic.
Accpool Transport, 12th Nov 1926#1.png
Accpool Transport, 12th Nov 1926#1.png (135.16 KiB) Viewed 3596 times
At the other extreme, Export is a quiet mid-sized town, served by a single-track branch from Fradchurch. A tank engine trundles in with a few old carriages.
Accpool Transport, 12th Nov 1926#2.png
Accpool Transport, 12th Nov 1926#2.png (133.92 KiB) Viewed 3596 times
Reechester, while not an especially large city, is an important interchange station. An express to Accpool is just departing, soon to be followed by a Fradchurch semi-fast.
Accpool Transport, 12th Nov 1926#3.png
Accpool Transport, 12th Nov 1926#3.png (141 KiB) Viewed 3596 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FLHerne's UK screenshots

Post by FLHerne »

Disaster at Slacombe! :(

At 08:35 on the morning of May 3rd, an Accpool-bound express from Finhill had just started moving away from the platform at Slacombe when the following service, a semi-fast service from Parthaven to Malnor, shot out of the preceding tunnel and ploughed into the slow-moving rear coaches at over 50mph. Both services were formed of gas-heated teak stock, and the ensuing fire resulted in the deaths of almost all the 335 commuters aboard the two trains.
Accpool Transport, 3rd May 1929.png
Accpool Transport, 3rd May 1929.png (192.87 KiB) Viewed 3539 times
The events leading up to this tragic occurrence are not yet fully understood, but the primary cause appears to have been a signalling error in Slacombe Tunnel, causing the second train to incorrectly recieve a clear signal.*

*Looks like I need to take another look at the bridge/tunnel signals patch. Found a bug :( .
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

An early-morning service has just left Finhill Tunnel, and skirts the coast on its way to Accpool. Quite how it's light at 2am is a question I won't answer. :P
Accpool Transport, 4th Apr 1932.png
Accpool Transport, 4th Apr 1932.png (101.86 KiB) Viewed 3465 times
Teak and apple green are visible in abundance at Reechester, as Counties and A3s squeeze through the approaches. The new freight lines to the south, built for an expected surge in fish traffic, have yet to see a train.
Accpool Transport, 28th Mar 1932.png
Accpool Transport, 28th Mar 1932.png (135.3 KiB) Viewed 3465 times
Another early service, this time a Malnor to Parthaven semi-fast, hurries past Lake Moir on the northern mainline.
These services are regularly full to capacity, but pathing constraints at Reechester prevent an increase in service. The proposed solution is a north-to-east curve at Greatwood, but that wouldn't be cheap...
Accpool Transport, 26th Mar 1932.png
Accpool Transport, 26th Mar 1932.png (84.64 KiB) Viewed 3465 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

And...a map.
Accpool_&_Southern.png
Accpool_&_Southern.png (48.46 KiB) Viewed 3461 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Every time I see those foundations of mine I get really irritated by how badly I drew the \ views. Gah, one day I'll fix it.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Ameecher wrote:Every time I see those foundations of mine I get really irritated by how badly I drew the \ views. Gah, one day I'll fix it.
They still look far better than the crazy-paving ones in the baseset, and suit my preferred time period more than than the various corrugated-metal ones. Thanks for drawing them! :D
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Fantastic screenshots though, love the lakeside scenes.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Kevo00 wrote:Fantastic screenshots though, love the lakeside scenes.
Have another one, then. :P

Greatwood Docks, on the other side of Lake Moir. A major fishing port, this is also the point where oil is transferred onto cargo ships for the trip down the lake - 50mph oil trains would be impossible to path on the double-track section higher up.
In the centre of the picture is the north edge of Greatwood, complete with trams, while the main passenger station is in the left corner.
Accpool Transport, 9th Dec 1932.png
Accpool Transport, 9th Dec 1932.png (125.05 KiB) Viewed 3349 times
Accpool did get a new set of approach lines, but it's already full to capacity again even with the south avoiding line and the new chord at Greatwood allowing many services to avoid it altogether. Of course, that caused far more people to change trains at Reechester...which is now over capacity. :roll:
Accpool Transport, 3rd Dec 1932.png
Accpool Transport, 3rd Dec 1932.png (129.29 KiB) Viewed 3349 times
Quieter again - a railmotor puffs lazily into Choburgh Market. Incidentally, this is the only thing on the network that can't pass as LNER...
(@Pikka: Green and cream railmotors please? :wink: )
Accpool Transport, 4th Dec 1932#1.png
Accpool Transport, 4th Dec 1932#1.png (168.29 KiB) Viewed 3349 times
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

More lovely scense - I love the rail motor, very cute. I need to stop playing Chrill's patch pack and get back up to date!
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

A timetabling error caused a giant pile of fruit to appear in Slacombe Cross goods yard. It looked sort of nice, so I took a picture of it :P
Accpool Transport, 12th Aug 1934.png
Accpool Transport, 12th Aug 1934.png (199.13 KiB) Viewed 3334 times
Tillyleigh - a mid-sized station on the Malnor line. An express to Fradchurch is about to call at the recently-built platform 4 (this was originally a two-platform station).
Accpool Transport, 13th Aug 1934.png
Accpool Transport, 13th Aug 1934.png (163.41 KiB) Viewed 3334 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

One of the railway's brand-new A4s makes a striking sight in the hills above Tillyleigh, speeding up the bank with a down express from the capital.
Accpool Transport, 21st May 1936.png
Accpool Transport, 21st May 1936.png (170.26 KiB) Viewed 3296 times
More new traction at Greatwood, where the A3s and Counties on the Accpool services have given way to 12-car EMUs.
The tank engines and railmotors on the Choburgh branch have been replaced by new diesel units.
Accpool Transport, 11th Jun 1936.png
Accpool Transport, 11th Jun 1936.png (158.03 KiB) Viewed 3296 times
And now for something completely different (again) - the Greatwood fishing fleet are out on the lake. An empty freighter from Malnor weaves through them on its way west.
Accpool Transport, 21st May 1936#1.png
Accpool Transport, 21st May 1936#1.png (19.09 KiB) Viewed 3296 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Boats carrying stone up Parthaven Bay. A Finhill - Accpool service on the southern mainline passes in the background.
Accpool Transport, 31st Dec 1938.png
Accpool Transport, 31st Dec 1938.png (127.77 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

Makes me want to play OTTD again... Good work so far Mr Herne!

Where did you get the fisheries from?
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:

Return to “Screenshots”