Sprite-gfx requested for 'cloning' and 'shared orders'

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Darkvater wrote:
XeryusTC wrote:I don't really associate sheep with cloning. I associate them with wool, and I don't think you can get trains made of wool...
I think the classic 2 trains still works best.
So you are willing to have the train-icon for cloning aircraft? Doesn't that look a bit odd to say the least?
That's why I will go for one sprite for each vehicle type (ok 2 including the mouse pointers)
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I myself find

To be the most fitting in design so far.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Darkvater wrote:
XeryusTC wrote:I don't really associate sheep with cloning. I associate them with wool, and I don't think you can get trains made of wool...
I think the classic 2 trains still works best.
So you are willing to have the train-icon for cloning aircraft? Doesn't that look a bit odd to say the least?

I don't know where you guys live but sheep are synonymous with cloning (Dolly anyone?) Especially if you see two identical sheep somewhere. We can discuss if these icons fit with the game, but not if sheep==cloning because that is a fact.
That's not true, sheep are synonymous with wool for me.
I also doubt that you'll see a bull as geneticly altered (Herman), the same goes with sheep for me, I don't associate them with cloning. Period.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

I associate sheep with "following each other around" so maybe we should use sheep for Shared Orders?

No, I didn't think so either... :)
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

its either a special one for each, the sheep or the clipborad coppy one.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

I associate sheep with mindlessly following the leader (much like peter1138 suggests), not cloning. Like Born Acorn, I much prefer the use of four graphics.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

After all that discussion I'd say let the sheep be sheep and get back to the concept of the 4 diffrent cloning icons!
Thats my point of view. :]
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Brianetta wrote:I associate sheep with mindlessly following the leader (much like peter1138 suggests), not cloning. Like Born Acorn, I much prefer the use of four graphics.
Im in the "it means cloning" camp. But I do agree; the four graphics would be clearer.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Ok, that's fine by me. Now the only question is if they should be as they are now, or be a golden/normal colour like we could see on some WIP's made by skidd? The golden signifying 'master copy'.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

I like the pale shadow/ghost image behind the vehicle pic. It really says "another of these" to me. I think colour on the duplicate would just confuse it.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Yeah, I agree with richk67. They are also TTD style, and fit right in.
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

I agree with the others to use the gray/normal color.

Who is at work with the icons ATM?
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

skidd13 wrote:I agree with the others to use the gray/normal color.

Who is at work with the icons ATM?
What do you mean skidd? If nothing changes I'll add these to openttd.grf tonight.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

If we mean these:

Then it looks like they are already done.
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Darkvater wrote:What do you mean skidd? If nothing changes I'll add these to openttd.grf tonight.
I thought that animated cursors are @WIP. If not, Ok than thats it.

@Darkvater:
And please renew the previous added icons with the newer ones (I adjusted them a bit to have the same alignment).
---
---
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

skidd13 wrote:
Darkvater wrote:What do you mean skidd? If nothing changes I'll add these to openttd.grf tonight.
I thought that animated cursors are @WIP. If not, Ok than thats it.

@Darkvater:
And please renew the previous added icons with the newer ones (I adjusted them a bit to have the same alignment).
Well it seems everyone else is fine with them, so if you are as well I can consider them done. To me they look perfect :)
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Darkvater wrote:Well it seems everyone else is fine with them, so if you are as well I can consider them done. To me they look perfect :)
Maybe I'm too nitpick, but I prefer that the icons (delete and upgrade) are exactly at the same position (even the few px). :lol:

So its your turn to decide.
Attachments
tweaked positions
tweaked positions
openttd.png (2.06 KiB) Viewed 3100 times
current icons
current icons
openttd_org.png (2.08 KiB) Viewed 3100 times
---
---
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

skidd13 wrote:
Darkvater wrote:Well it seems everyone else is fine with them, so if you are as well I can consider them done. To me they look perfect :)
Maybe I'm too nitpick, but I prefer that the icons (delete and upgrade) are exactly at the same position (even the few px). :lol:

So its your turn to decide.
I actually meant the clone buttons since I still haven't heard from bjarni about the autoreplace icons. He has been around though, but unable to pick one of your magnificient arrows. So unless you want to 'nitpick' :P on the clone buttons I'm good with them :).

I will update the depot buttons together with the autoreplace ones.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Added clone buttons and an icon from MeusH at the start of the topic for shared orders. Good job people :D

Return to “Graphics Development”