Pre-Civil Rights Bus Law?

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Pre-Civil Rights Bus Law?

Post by SwissFan91 »

There just isn't any defending this, Pyoro. I know people feel very strongly about this, but we've probably made our point. The OMG cat saw to that.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Obviously, and I don't really feel like "defending" this anyways. Just stating a different opinion, for the sake of doing so ;)

²Hyronymus
How unexpected, a Nazi comparison ;)

Don't get me wrong: I read before anyone posted anything and I was pretty sure that nobody would consider actually coding this (I know I wouldn't, even if I could), but that's still different from writing all these posts. It's just an idea, not a very good one, probably, but that's about it. Could easily have been ignored.

But, yes, if anyone actually bothered to make a World War II scenario that would include something like transporting soldiers and prisoners (possibly including/or specifically Jews), some sort of "war events" and possibly focused on "how can I keep operating my transport company while not supporting the regime" or something (giving negative events in case you don't transport enough of XY or whatever) - I know I'd give it a try.
Obviously, this is far beyond anything OTTD can currently properly represent, but that's pretty much my only concern. It's only a game, after all ^^
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

The first week of 2012 is not yet over, but I think we have a winner for the most distasteful idea of the year.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Dave

Post by Dave »

I felt compelled to convey my total shock at the idea! I'm not appalled by anything, nor am I sensitive, but it's so jaw-dropping it's funny!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Pyoro wrote:Obviously, this is far beyond anything OTTD can currently properly represent
I hope this is beyond anything that OTTD will EVER represent.
Pyoro wrote:It's only a game, after all
Wrong! It's only a FAMILY game. And unless someone is used to have slaves or put people to death in his/her family... case closed.

ChillCore mentioned something identical to my situation:
ChillCore wrote:You really want me to tell my three year old, who is glued to the screen like a fly on flypaper whenever OpenTTD runs
etc., never mind.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Transportman wrote:The first week of 2012 is not yet over, but I think we have a winner for the most distasteful idea of the year.
Talking of which, we haven't had the 2011 forum awards yet!
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

I had hoped this would die of it's own, but apparently not. We all got the point by now: the idea was distasteful and won't be coded.

@Pyoro: if you have more ideas that you wouldn't code yourself if you could, please don't post them as suggestions.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”