The official-unofficial screenshot thread (non OT)

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Geo Ghost

Re: The official-unofficial screenshot thread (non OT)

Post by Geo Ghost »

Where did you get Concorde for FSX from?
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Chrill wrote:
A321Pilot wrote: 2) A British Airtours Lockheed L1011 has a Triple Engine failure on a Trans-Atlantic flight from Bristol to San Juan. The Pilots of the Plane attempted to land at Lajes Airbase, however could not make it, they ditched in the Atlantic Perfectly. This Picture was taken by a nearby Boat.
That's a VERY nearby boat indeed :mrgreen: Can't imagine you'd want to be that close to an airplane about to crashland in the sea.
Nor can I. I was lucky to get it at that moment to be honest.
Geo Ghost wrote:Where did you get Concorde for FSX from?
http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... &filename= Second one on the Page. Only Free-ware so doens't have the F9 use. Engine fix isn't needed either (Well not on mine anyway).
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Comm Cody »

It is 1873. The German Empire, Formed from Prussia has risen to become a domanent (read as 2nd Place behind the Brits) power. We do have some small problems with Jacobins Rebels (No democracy for you! Monarchy/Consevates all the way!) and Baden Nationalists(due to the fact they did not join the Glorious German Empire, so I took care of them with 70,000 men.....) as our Kaiser says, "The sun shouldn't set on the German Empire once we take care of India.... >:D

Red stuff is mine, and I'm planing to colonize in Africa, New Guinea, Christmas Island and so on. Kalat, since it is not in the British Sphere, will be "Protected" by us....

2 maps, One of the Reich, and one of the world

This Game is Victoria II with the Pop Demand Mod 4.47 version.
Attachments
V2_MAP_GER_1873.12.18_1.jpg
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles!
(823.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
V2_MAP_GER_1873.12.18_2.jpg
World View
(1 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Something goes here, hell if I know.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I've been trying that Europa Universalis 3 game, looks very interesting, but it's sooo complicated I cannot seem to get the hang of it :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Yeah, it took me a while to really get the hang of it. Very fun once have a vague idea of what to do.

Mind you, I still inevitably end up getting krumped by everyone, regardless of my infamy.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Yep, the game looks very interesting once you know how to play it :P
Until then, being clueless and getting [I am an idiot] by something you don't even know what it is, isn't exactly fun :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

A couple others from Train Sim.

(I lied, I did end up buying some add-ons)
Attachments
2011-12-26_00011.jpg
(478.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2012-01-05_00002.jpg
(321.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Purno wrote:Yep, the game looks very interesting once you know how to play it :P
Until then, being clueless and getting by something you don't even know what it is, isn't exactly fun :P

On the other hand, once you figure out what to do, the AI inevitably won't be able to keep up with you anymore. I'd try to enjoy the challenge as long as it lasts ;)
Attachments
EU3_66.jpg
Bring it on, AI!
(355.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

2012-01-10_00001.jpg
(194.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
:))

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Pyoro wrote:
Purno wrote:Yep, the game looks very interesting once you know how to play it :P
Until then, being clueless and getting by something you don't even know what it is, isn't exactly fun :P

On the other hand, once you figure out what to do, the AI inevitably won't be able to keep up with you anymore. I'd try to enjoy the challenge as long as it lasts ;)

I think I"m slowly getting the hang of it. Started as Castille, built up an army and invaded 3 provinces in the south (though haven't been able to find out how to fully conquer a nation, so the last province is now a vassal of me, whatever that means :P ) I haven't been attacked yet, but that's the reason I set the difficulty on Very Easy :P
Image Image
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Purno wrote:I've been trying that Europa Universalis 3 game, looks very interesting, but it's sooo complicated I cannot seem to get the hang of it :P
Lankku wrote:Yeah, it took me a while to really get the hang of it. Very fun once have a vague idea of what to do.

Mind you, I still inevitably end up getting krumped by everyone, regardless of my infamy.
Purno wrote:I've been trying that Europa Universalis 3 game, looks very interesting, but it's sooo complicated I cannot seem to get the hang of it :P
Play the tutorials, then start a singleplayer game as Austria or Bohemia. There really is no easier "beginners" country. I struggled to get into it, but the key is really to not overspend. For the first 20-30 in-game years, money will be tight. Once you've established a trade surplus, that can be used to pay for your expansive wars :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I found the tutorials rather dissapointing. It only explains the very basics of the interface. I struggled quite a few minutes to find out how to merge armies, and how to get armies into a naval transport. The interface isn't the best one I've seen, and the quite complicated and historical words don't make it any easier. :P

Either way, I now made a decent start with Castille and progressing fine so far, though I wouldn't be surprised if some far-away country progresses a lot more without me noticing, and will overrun me later. :P
Image Image
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

That's highly unlikely, as long as you take out Aragon and France doesn't decide to do some Iberian conquests - which is why I personally think Castille to be the best choice to learn the game. You don't have to bother with HRE mechanics and have some weak Muslim countries to pick on, plus some decent options (forming Spain, colonize the world or just take out everything everywhere ;) )...

And yes, tutorials are horrible. They were bad at best in vanilla EU3, but iirc they've never been updated, and from what I've heard they're pretty much broken with the HrtT/DW...a bit like playing OTT tutorials and expecting to learn everything about OpenTTD, I guess.
Luckily the wiki is at least decent, so I'd suggest looking things up there.

Anyways, since Katawa Shoujo is finally out (granted, visuals novels are only borderline games ;) ) ... pretty good for something fan-made. Especially Rin.
Attachments
Rin Boredom.png
Rin Boredom.png (858.75 KiB) Viewed 1520 times
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Purno wrote:I found the tutorials rather dissapointing. It only explains the very basics of the interface. I struggled quite a few minutes to find out how to merge armies, and how to get armies into a naval transport. The interface isn't the best one I've seen, and the quite complicated and historical words don't make it any easier. :P

Either way, I now made a decent start with Castille and progressing fine so far, though I wouldn't be surprised if some far-away country progresses a lot more without me noticing, and will overrun me later. :P
Just give me a shout if you have any questions or if there's something you don't understand - from the very basic to something game-changing really. I've played the game for a few years anyway, so I know a bit :P Funny thing, RPharazon is the one who made me play EU3 from the start.
My Scenarios:
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Pyoro wrote:Anyways, since Katawa Shoujo is finally out (granted, visuals novels are only borderline games ;) ) ... pretty good for something fan-made. Especially Rin.
Reminds me of Iji. It was supposed to be typical terminator-esque RPG (something I would never ever play, not even if they paid me for it), ended up playing through it solely for story (it was put in form of alien logbooks scattered all over the place, so I didn't have to wait for cutscenes for story to advance).

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Chrill wrote:
Purno wrote:I found the tutorials rather dissapointing. It only explains the very basics of the interface. I struggled quite a few minutes to find out how to merge armies, and how to get armies into a naval transport. The interface isn't the best one I've seen, and the quite complicated and historical words don't make it any easier. :P

Just give me a shout if you have any questions or if there's something you don't understand - from the very basic to something game-changing really. I've played the game for a few years anyway, so I know a bit :P Funny thing, RPharazon is the one who made me play EU3 from the start.
How do I take a screenshot? :P
Print-screen doesn't seem to work, oddly enough it takes a shot of my desktop, not the game :P
Image Image
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Purno wrote:
Chrill wrote:

How do I take a screenshot? :P
Print-screen doesn't seem to work, oddly enough it takes a shot of my desktop, not the game :P
F11 in-game. F12 takes a picture of the map. Shift + F12 takes a picture of the map with only your country (and vassals + personal unions). This is a Shift + F12 picture of an old game I played as Sweden. Yes. Italy was Swedish. So?
Attachments
Sweden_1550.png
Sweden_1550.png (81.58 KiB) Viewed 292 times
My Scenarios:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I'll try that at home and see if I can give you a shot.

About my game; I have no clue if I'm progressing good enough. It's 1436 and Castille has conquered Garadar and his 3 provinces, and I've conquered 3 provinces in northern Morocco. Yesterday I tried to declare war on Aragon to take some provinces on the main land (my only directly neighbouring countries are Aragon and Portugal, and I'm allied to Portugal), but that was quite a failure. Aragon was allied to Burgundy and together they formed quite an army, while Portugal didn't really seem helpful as an ally (seemed to wander around a bit with small armies of only a few regiments). So I quit and loaded an older savegame before I declared war on Aragon.

This evening, I may try to conquer some more of Morocco, though I don't have a Casus Belli anymore. I also wonder if these provinces are useful enough to conquer. And even though it's only 1436, I feel I've already spent quite a lot of game time, while my progress isn't as much as I hoped.
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Castille, 1436
Attachments
EU3_1.png
(2.02 MiB) Not downloaded yet
EU3_MAP_CAS_1436.1.29_2.png
(32.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Image Image
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Ah, you're playing an early version of EU 3. I'd recommend you invest in the expansion packs (or the bundle called Chronicles), the game looks better and adds a big load of features to make it less tedious (removing some of the micro management) but also a bit more realistic and perhaps more balanced. Let's see if I can find a screen of how the map looks in Divine Wind (newest expansion).

EDIT: Nope, couldn't find one. I'll go take a print screen for you to display the way it looks, and of course bragging about how awesome I am :mrgreen:

EDIT 2: Ok, here are three screenshots. One displays the size of Burgundy in the year 1399, the year in which I took control of said nation. Notice how Burgundy consists of two medium-sized regions separated by a small duchy and by the might of France. The other two show my progress up to the year 1510, exactly 111 years later, and also the year in which I converted to Calvinism (the Reformed faith).
EU3_24.png
(2.13 MiB) Not downloaded yet
In the year 1510, Calvinism was merely a minor religion, a very small majority of the Burgundian population followed the faith. However, king Henry-Jules I Bourgogne saw the benefits of converting to the religion. His aim was to help it spread, through diplomacy and warfare. By achieving this, Burgundy would be the religious center of the world and the financial gains from such a position are amazing. Also note how the mighty Swedish empire has been expanding into Russia after having been my ally from the early 15th century and up until the point where I converted to the Calvinist faith (they hate me for abandoning the Pope). The striped blue indicate provinces occupied by Sweden but not technically being a part of the Swedish nation.

* Other things worth noting: Portugal is dominating the Iberian peninsula and northern Africa.
* The catholic state of Judea, in Jerusalem, was founded by me back in the 1420s.
* England is messed up. The yellow in north GB is Scotland. The red is England. The dark green is the independent state of Northumberland. Over on Ireland, that light green is Connacht. The remaining areas, the blue, all belong to the Duchy of Bremen.
* The nation of Morocco in North Africa is actually Catholic too. After having been occupied by Castille for many years, being converted to Catholicism by the Castillians, I freed the Moroccan people in a war. Upon their independence, being Catholic themselves, the nation became a Catholic nation too.
EU3_25.png
(1.98 MiB) Not downloaded yet
I also wish to throw this in, displaying the American east coast. The only European nation present in North America is Burgundy. In Central and South America, Portugal holds land (including islands) the size of roughly 25% Burgundian North America. England have also sent ships to the Americas but have not established a colony. The "nations" surrounding me are Native American tribes (Muscogee/Creek to the south, Huron/Wyandot to the north).
EU3_26.png
(1.53 MiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:

Return to “Off-Topic”