OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Re: OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Post by Pilot »

Anychance of seeing parts of Britain?
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Sure i can show you England, just note that the base of the English Network have been built by "EXTspotter"...Yes, i want to give proper credits *!!

unfortunately his computer or internet connection could not deal with the amount of data to process and so he stopped playing after connecting "somehow" all towns in England.

Since i kept playing and that part of the network was causing my company some loss, i ve redone some stuff over there, upgraded stations, created some docks and created new links toward france with a separate company "Britanny Ferries"...

Now it works like a charm, but the networks and cities are not as "achieved" as the French part (wich really allow trains to go from any station to any other station on the French network and the network is as much as possible copied from a quite detailed infrastructure map)

*Note : -Belgium/Netherlands/Germany/Swiss and Italy's Networks were mostly made by "ZXBiohazard."
Attachments
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 07_11_2158.png
Here you can see both end of the Chunnel.
(2.98 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 05_11_2158#1.png
Southampton and a smallish part of Porthmouth. Freight docks allready receive Goods from Le Havre Refinery and if one day i rework on the english network, the freight train station will be put in use ;) (there is at the moment no cargo at all transported or produced on the English part of the network...)
(2.09 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 05_11_2158.png
And here is London, EXT builded there 5 terminus... but because of lack of spaces and to reduce the transfers quantity in such a small place... i had to reunificate London Victoria and Bridge into one station. Tram service was started by EXT, but i adapted it and increase a bit the area serviced.
(2.01 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
kotssmurf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by kotssmurf »

I love your screenshots! They always make me want to start playing
Especially at work were I need to run the game from a usb stick :-)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Amazing screenshots really, lovely trains you got running there :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

These are really good! Keep 'em coming :).

This may be a slightly nooby question, how how do you get the stations so far into the city? Did it just grow round it, or did you bulldoze your way in? I've never had a city grow that far out before...
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Thank you guys !
Wasila wrote:This may be a slightly nooby question, how how do you get the stations so far into the city? Did it just grow round it, or did you bulldoze your way in? I've never had a city grow that far out before...
the simple answer is i try to not demolish much buildings to build stations and then towns and cities they mostly grew around my stations, thanks to some bridges or roadcrossing i built at the same time as the stations (i don t allow town to fund roadcrossing, but i let them fund roads)

The more complicated answer would mention :
- the big cities i have are almost all "cities" and not "towns"(exception made for the towns that i consider "important"(exemple : Limoges, Poitiers,Clermont Ferrand, etc) where i deliver food and goods)
- i use chillpatchpack and the towngrowth patch (active for towns to stop their growth around 1500pop), and semi-active for cities (i played really long with towngrowth patch "off" for the "cities" to let them grow without having to bring foods and goods)
- I made more stations in the cities i wanted to grow faster (paris had very quickly 5 stations to accelerate growth)
- i make better streets once town have made a lot of random roads, to make sure center of town is less far than what it would be with the "natural" roads.
- and the last but not least: this game have been running for a very long time... started in 1960, then in 2050 i went back to 2010 (i think)... and all this with a daylenght settings of 20 till around 2040 or2050 (can t remember)... Now the last 100"ish" years have been played with day lenght at 5....
Edit :
- I believe it could matter too : I use Swedish Houses and Totaltown replacement in my newgrf list.
Attachments
Romazoon Transport Services Co., 09_10_1960.png
Paris in the very beginning of that game, i really demolished very little, except maybe for montparnasse...
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 01_03_2167.png
and Paris Today, i had of course to bulldoze around my stations to add some platforms...
(2.49 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Romazoon Transport Services Co., 09_10_1960#2.png
Orleans, also at the very begining. (screen to compare in page 15 of my thread)
(390.46 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Last edited by romazoon on 03 Jan 2012 20:47, edited 2 times in total.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

and some more screen to show difference between begin and today
Attachments
Romazoon Transport Services Co., 09_10_1960#1.png
London in the very begining (EXTspotter made)
(266.14 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Romazoon Transport Services Co., 09_10_1960#3.png
southampton during the tracks buildings(also EXT made)
(276.95 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Romazoon Transport Services Co., 09_10_1960#6.png
Avignon, not even linked yet
(212.42 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

hmm maybe i can show you what orleans became today... i just realised it have grown quite a lot since my last screen of it (page 15)
Attachments
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 11_06_2159.png
Bonn/Koln and Leverkusen made by ZXbiohazard (also shown on page 15)
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 24_04_2166.png
one of the " food plant in use at the moment... with a bit of traffic jam to go in direction of Vierzon (now solved with a tunnel by passing Vierzon's Station)
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 02_03_2167.png
And Orleans today;)
(2.35 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

the simple answer is i try to not demolish much buildings to build stations and then towns and cities they mostly grew around my stations, thanks to some bridges or roadcrossing i built at the same time as the stations (i don t allow town to fund roadcrossing, but i let them fund roads)
I notice also that you start with very large stations in rather small towns (eg London), and for example have two termini in a London with under 1000 people. Do you not have difficulty filling your trains at the start?

Thanks,
Wasila
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

well South England on my map is a bit specific as it was not made by me...
but to answer your question : usually a "city" that have many/or a couple termini is utilised by cargodist as kind of a Hub city... so trains can be full even with such a small town (true especially in a "Star" network).

Now because it was London, i can remember that the 5 major station (later reduced to 4) were built in a short period, and serviced with tramways to have the best rating (and number of train was kept low to make them full) but especially to accelarate growth and make that 1000 people town turn into a bigger city wich then allow rapidly to have much more trains.

and about my rather large station... well i like to plan forward, and i hate to make my trains late on their timetables
(if Orleans have 4 platforms it s cause the line split right south of it, so traffic from and to Paris was planned to be intense, and i wanted to make a platform always free so if it s necessary a train can overtake an other that would be stoping on Orleans)

Edit: I forgot to mention...that i cheated a lot of money in that game until i could make most of the network profitable...even though at the time there were no inframaintenance cost. Balancing profits was started only once it became doable (the star network centered to Paris, was killing me until i connected more directly all other reasonnably sized cities ! and I believe this is might be the problem you have in your "game")
CrossSide
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CrossSide »

This topic made me wanna play OpenTTD again, thanks a lot ;)

And keep up the good work, your network and stations are beautiful!
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

I m glad to hear that CrossSide :D

Here are three more.

the First one show a part of the cote d'Azur.

the Two others are showing parts of where different networks meets (Showing connection between French/Belgium and French/Swiss network)
Attachments
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 26_09_2195.png
Nice and Monaco with the main line along the coast and tunneling under Hills.
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 28_09_2195.png
Geneve and the Leman's Lake.
(2.3 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 29_09_2195.png
Lille is a busy city with a few local line ending or passing by here. Also you can spot the highspeed line wich link London/Brussel/Paris. Of course many of the highspeed trains also visits Lille.
(2.05 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
FlameSing
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by FlameSing »

Very impressive as always! What bridges do you use?
Sorry for my awful English.

My modest screenies.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Thanks Flamesing, and sorry for the late reply, the bridge are from Totaltownreplacement set (nightly R41)...

Also here are three screenie of the game ;)
Attachments
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 28_10_2020.png
the map with a almost completed French network
(90.11 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 28_10_2020#1.png
the map with an even bigger spidderweb linkgraph.
(150.48 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 29_10_2020.png
Valence sur Rhone, is located south of Lyon, it have a TGV station and line, the Old main line, and a dedicated freight line passing through it ! But well it s not more than what exists in reality!
(2.4 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Hi guys, it have been a long time !

I don t play so much lately, but when i do, i keep playing that french network game ;)

Here is some screenies showing some of the latest devellopment
Attachments
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 27_05_2049#1.png
Caen and its food factory
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 27_05_2049#2.png
Le Mans and its interesting layout !
(2.24 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 29_05_2049.png
Brest and it s food factory
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

These are very Nice, loving them, but where is the Racetrack at Le Mans? :lol:
thphwh
Director
Director

Post by thphwh »

A321Pilot wrote:These are very Nice, loving them, but where is the Racetrack at Le Mans? :lol:
That would be an awesome object GRF.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

that s indeed a good idea for a newgrf !

but back on topic : here is some fresh screenies
Attachments
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 12_08_2053.png
Bordeaux 1/2
(2.24 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 14_08_2053.png
Bordeaux 2/2
(2.07 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 19_08_2053.png
La Rochelle and Ile de Ré ;)
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Lovely screenshots! Keep them coming!

Just a little tip, you don't need to have one-way signals all over the highways. Only at the crossroads or on/off-ramps will be enough. Looks a bit better ;-)

See example below, at on/off-ramps you would only need 3 one-way signals per direction and this way your vehicles will only use one ramp to get on the highway and another to get off the highway (if your vehicles drive on the righthand side, they will only use the righthand ramp to get on the highway and the left one to get off, which is a bit more "reallife").
Highway01.png
Highway01.png (26.16 KiB) Viewed 1100 times
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

zomg no way, its my buddy roma! sup mate! any chance you get more activity for a network game anywhere soon?

Return to “Screenshots”