I have Buses , Planes and Ships , but... NO TRAINS... : ???

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

romarin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by romarin »

Hello 2 All,

Patch is 2.5 beta 9.

I put 1930 as a starting date for the game.

How comes....???

Can someone give me a solution....???

I can build railroads, but when clicking on the depot , I have NOTHING ( no loco , no wagons ) to choose from. The list is totally empty... ! ! !

Could you give me some help , please...?

Thank you ! ! !
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: I have Buses , Planes and Ships , but... NO TRAINS... :

Post by ISA »

Are You using any new graphics or not? If no then the original locomotives and wagons should appear near 50's as originally the game was designed to start 1950!
romarin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by romarin »

Thanks for yr answer, ISA.

1.- What "new graphics" should I use...? ( what file, what size , what date ? )

2.- I repeat : I have buses ( MPS ROYAL , built in 1929 , just like in the original TTDx ) , planes ( in fact , 1 sort of plane ) , and 3 sorts of ships.

SO : WHY don't I have train(s)....????

Thanks 4 Ur help...
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

ISA wrote:the original locomotives and wagons should appear near 50's as originally the game was designed to start 1950!
romarin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by romarin »

TO LAWTON 27 :

1.- Can you be a bit more explicit than simply quoting a previous message...????

2.- Can you tell me why I have the original TTDX BUS MPS ROYAL , built in 1929 , and why I have the original PLANE , the SAMPSON U52 , and THREE SHIPS THAT ALL CAN RUN IN 1930 , WHILE I HAVE NO TRAIN.........????????????

As far as I know , in the real world , TRAINS appeared long before passenger buses.... ! ! !

Thank you in advance for your help....
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

romarin wrote:As far as I know , in the real world , TRAINS appeared long before passenger buses.... ! ! !
You may not have noted yet, but you are playing a game where the real-world rules don't always apply.

Why don't you try to find out when the first train actually appears instead?
Start a game in 1950. See when the first train was built. Et voila, question answered.
romarin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by romarin »

Thank you for your answer.

However , in http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net/index.p ... st&cid=101 , they are discussing about trains that were built and running in.... 1 8 30 ! ! !

And , besides , if I have a 1929 bus , and old plane , and three ships , in 1930 , THERE'S NO REASON THERE'S NO TRAIN.... ! ! !

I must have missed something , a graphic set , or an option in the TTDX 2.9.0 , or whatsoever...
romarin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by romarin »

Look at THIS :

I don't have any trains/road vehicles/planes/ships!

Maybe you have an early start date configured for your game. The unpatched game defaulted to a 1950 start date.

However with the Patch, this might be 1930 or earlier.

You either need to install an additional graphics set to introduce vehicles earlier, or check your patch configuration, specifically the value of startyear.

I'm not a fool.............. ! ! !
romarin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by romarin »

NewStartingYear
From TTWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Choose the starting year for new games.

Switch
Configuration file: startyear

Command line: -XY

Description
This switch allows you to choose the starting year of new games. It does not apply to existing savegames and scenarios, which have the year set.

The range of possible values is 1921 (the first year TTD will work correctly) and 2030, with the default if turned on being 1930.

The switch also increases the range of years that can be selected in the scenario editor. Previously, you could only set it between 1950 and 1975, now all the years from 1921 to 2030 are available. Once set in a scenario, this starting year applies even if the game is played without startyear turned on.

Note that years before 1930 have very few vehicles available, so your options for new transport services are very limited. If you choose years before 1930, the patch also turns on generalfixes, to ensure that the game will not lock up when you start it (see General Fixes for more information).

This patch was contributed by Marcin Grzegorczyk.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Firstly, I'd advise you to change your attitude (or translator), as currently it is far too hostile towards other forum users.

Secondly, The original game didn't start before 1950, as such many of the default vehicles appear at unusual times before that date.
If you'd like to play with a proper set of vehicles before 1950 you will need to make use of a "newgrf" vehicle set, since the earlier start year was designed for use with those and not the default vehicle set.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
romarin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by romarin »

Ok , Lakie , understood...

I found a solution to get trains starting from 1934 or 1935.

Thank you for your help.

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”