Maccas TTD Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Neil_226
Engineer
Engineer

Maccas TTD Scenarios

Post by Neil_226 »

A few years ago I remember Macca had his site with loads of really fun scenarios, which I downloaded and enjoyed immensely. I just re-installed TTD and his site seems to have disappeared...

If anyone could give me a link saying where they can be downloaded, or better still, if they could be uploaded to this thread, I'd be eternally grateful!
jmc47ott
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Maccas TTD Scenarios

Post by jmc47ott »

I don't think anyone will do that. It would be, in effect, like stealing someone else's work.
That is only about specific cases. If you mentioned what kind of map someone might have
a similar one to post for you, or be able to direct you to. I have also recently reinstalled
the game and have found a lot of old scenarios, but I would only upload one that I had
made or seriousely edited. So what, exactly are you looking for?
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to fulfill it;...and only the dead have seen the end of war."
Jorge Agustín Nicolás Ruiz de Santayana
jmc47ott
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jmc47ott »

It sounded like a request to have the contents of someone's postings uploaded wholesale. In my work it is allowed to copy a small amount of work for limited use, but not to copy a whole article or book, and especially not for distribution. That is classified as plagiarism. I am trying to be a good netizen, by being careful not to tread on anyone's toes.

I asked for a specific type of map/scenario. If I had one I might have posted it if
1. I had made it
2. I had heavily revised it
3. I thought, upon checking, that it would not be stealing.

I posted a very old mod, Toyland to Mars, when I couldn't find it currently available. I did so because it was freely downloadable when I got it. If someone objected, I would remove it immediately [if the moderators did not beat me to it].

So, that's where I am coming from. I think it is being sensible, but it might seem ultra-conservative to some people.
sherlockholmes.png
sherlockholmes.png (18.14 KiB) Viewed 3487 times
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to fulfill it;...and only the dead have seen the end of war."
Jorge Agustín Nicolás Ruiz de Santayana
Jezulkim
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Jezulkim »

I still have one of his scenarios, Caribbean Sea. I thought I would have had more but I guess I've lost them somehow.

I searched a bit and some of the scenarios have been uploaded here.
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... &start=860

You could try downloading from the pages archived by the Internet Archive (http://wayback.archive.org/web/20060601 ... arios.com/). Sadly most of the links are dead.

If someone has his contact information we could ask from him directly. I'd love to see his scenarios resurrected.
In order to protect the visitors of this site,
TTO Full Conversion!
This post has been lol 1337 times.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Here's the scenarios that you can still download:

ALPINE SCENARIOS

When the Levee Breaks
This scenario has a user-triggered disaster (or two) just waiting to happen! Little do they know it, but all of the towns are built on floodplains and the water held in the dam is ready to burst forth and cause the water to go rushing through the towns, obliterating them. Check out the dam in the centre of the map, note the five levees holding the water from going down each valley. If a competitor is giving you grief you can selectively flood each valley and give him liquidity problems. Tip: Keep in mind that the road down a valley will disappear if it is flooded so it'll stuff up your road vehicles as well as your competitor's. Use this knowledge and build your roads and lay your tracks high to avoid having profits affected (heaven forbid) when the big flood comes.

Paper Millionaire
This one could be a pain in the rear to play, I don't know, I haven't actually played it yet. Lets say it looks 'challenging' shall we? The entire map area is covered by a heavily-ridged mountainous landscape - row upon row of bloody hills! ;-) But don't let me put you off, it has some attractive redeeming features too! There's a spread of large cities each having a paper mill or printing works nearby with the forests placed all around to feed them. Become a newspaper baron! Hold the front page! We've got a new Tycoon!! PS. You'll find a prison in this scenario too. It's there for naughty Media Moguls so be careful you don't go bankrupt. Not mentioning any names like Chris...or Bondy...or (almost) James.

The Long Haul
Four islands dominate this map, one in each corner. One island contains the farms, one the coal supplies, another has the gold mines and the fourth island has the forests and paper plant on it. Two of the islands have medium sized cities that need food and goods supplied. Aircraft become the main source of transportation due to the long distances, make use of the 'refit' function so that the aircraft can carry raw materials.

Starland
This is a strange but good one, I wanted something "different" and I think I acheived that! The land mass is in the form of a four-pointed star, the main city is in the centre and the raw materials and industries are out on the arms.

Ringworld
An island (pictured) with a city on each corner sits in the middle of a lake which is surrounded by a ring of land containing the raw materials. Lots of bridges and big distances are involved to get the till ringing! Make sure you get established on the island before your competitor does...

Three Islands
There's actually five islands but two are only there for bridge-building purposes, raw materials are on two islands and the industries and towns are on the other. It'll take a bit of capital to get going but then watch the $$$ add up!

Gold Rush
This one is for the person who always wanted to be King Midas! There's other industries as well of course, this one's a little like the Norwegian scenario above in that there's fjords and islands.

Timber Country
A vast, mountainous land mass dominates this scenario. About one third of this map is above the snowline where all the forests are located, I like to have trains haul the wood down to the paper mills and then on to the printing works...money for jam...

Tropical Scenarios

San Salinas
A very large land mass with a mountain in the middle dominates this scenario, I set this one up with lots of farms, scattered towns and industries. This is an excellent scenario to get some profitable trains going across the map.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Jezulkim wrote:If someone has his contact information we could ask from him directly. I'd love to see his scenarios resurrected.
I got interested, and I've tracked down his contact information. I sent an e-mail and pointed him back here to this thread. Hopefully he still has them. I'd volunteer to host the files and his old site myself, but I'm sure he's more than capable of resurrecting that if he wished.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”