Any way to slow down time in Openttd?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Jakeie
Engineer
Engineer

Any way to slow down time in Openttd?

Post by Jakeie »

I like the speed of the trains and the growth of towns but I feel that the years go too quick anyway to slow down the days but keep everything else the same?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Any way to slow down time in Openttd?

Post by Eddi »

yes and no. there is no official way to slow down the time, but there are some inofficial "daylength" patches in the development forum, who may or may not have unwanted side effects.
Cadde
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Cadde »

The best working combination (IMHO) is Chills Patchpack which deals with daylength AND the unwanted side effects.

You can set the daylength factor which is a multiplier. Set it to 2 and the days take twice as long. Set it to 3 and they take three times as long.
Set it to 20 and they take 20 times as long!

Just remember that NOT everything is affected by this. Industries will produce more cargo per month... That is, in relative terms the industries will still produce X amount of cargo per real life minute. So you will still need just as many trains/planes/road vehicles/boats as before to fully service an industry.

Also, setting daylength at anything higher than 20 will have other unwanted side effects. For instance, cargo payment is divided by your daylength factor (there is a cheat to disable that though) so if you transport something very small which pays very little and it would pay like 0.49£ you get NOTHING at all. The minimum income you can get is 1£ in any currency. 1£ is "one credit" basically, all currency is based on the pound in the game.
With the cheat enabled though (do not divide income) you get paid as normal. So with a daylength factor of 10 you get paid 10x as much in a year as you normally would. It would be like playing without daylength but having more time to accumulate wealth before another locomotive is introduced on the market etc etc.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

If you want more time in a particular period, press Ctrl-Alt-C, and turn the year back a few years.
John_Smith
Chairman
Chairman

Post by John_Smith »

Yes, using the special theory of relativity written about by Albert Einstein in particular time dilation. It states that two people moving relative to each other will each think there watch is running slow.

So you just discover a way of travelling close or near close to the speed of light, and a way of commutation between you and the computer travelling at these great speeds.

Good luck,
JS.
I not an boring person, I just get excited over boring things.
Vaulter
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Vaulter »

Jakeie wrote:I like the speed of the trains and the growth of towns but I feel that the years go too quick anyway to slow down the days but keep everything else the same?
Yes, there are some patches to adjust day lenght.

One of this patch included to Hard Game pack.

Return to “General OpenTTD”