S60v3 port

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: S60v3 port

Post by FooBar »

Yes, it runs on the N8. You can find the sisx in the first post, no need for the libraries.

Note that the game is not very playable, due to OpenTTD's small buttons. Or attach a mouse to your N8.
tsgulen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tsgulen »

Hi again,

I installed the openttd.SISX file in the first page(v18404). But when I try to run it, a blank screen appears and phone turns back to menu screen again.
I looked around and found a file in mass memory drive called openttd.txt. There are some errors inside;
-" Show info:your "TRG1R.GRF" is corrupted or missing! You can find it on your TTD CDROM. "
-" Show info:your "TRGIR.GRF" is corrupted or missing! You can find it on your TTD CDROM. "
-" Show info:your "TRGCR.GRF" is corrupted or missing! You can find it on your TTD CDROM. "

Should I copy these files manually?...
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

My guess is yes.

Only the windows installer tries to automagically copy those files from an installed TTDX afaik.
Your device did not even exist at the tme of TTDX, so it cannot even run that program. Thus, even if you used an OpenTTD installer, you cannot have TTDX installed.

(And in case you wonder about it, those files cannot be delivered as part of the installation, as they contain copyrighted material. You'll need a original CD with that game to get the files.)

Please read the readme file for more details.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Yes, or get OpenGFX.

Files should go in E:/openttd/data, as per the instructions in the first post.
tsgulen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tsgulen »

Allright guys, thank you very much, I downloaded opengfx, opensfx and midi files. Now OpenTTD is running quite well.
There are a few issues I couldn't manage;

- Midi files are not playing even installed them,
- Dragging the map is not possible. Even I connect a mouse to N8, dragging with left mouse button is not working.

Is there any solution to these issues?
I can hear that your mumbling "for more, go and play on PC!..."
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

I don't know about the midi. I never play with OpenTTD's music. Surely you can run Nokia's music player in the background, if you like with a playlist with the TTD songs. If midi doesn't work in that either, then you can assume that the whole N8 doesn't play midi (which wouldn't surprise me). The TTD songs are also available in mp3 format in one or two places on the internet.

As for map dragging: enable left-click dragging in the settings.
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

tsgulen wrote:- Midi files are not playing even installed them,
You need to download Gravis Ultrasound patch files (as in sound patches, not the patches to the source code I provide). You also need to create a simple configuration file for timidity. All this is described in more detail somewhere in this thread.
tsgulen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tsgulen »

wolf wrote:
You need to download Gravis Ultrasound patch files (as in sound patches, not the patches to the source code I provide). You also need to create a simple configuration file for timidity. All this is described in more detail somewhere in this thread.
Thanks for your mail,

As other friends mentioned above, it's not playable in N8-00. Every touch to the screen does the function, even you want to scroll in the map.
so it's better to play in PC. Touchscreen phones doesn't let you play it, unfortunately....
gogo214
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gogo214 »

tsgulen wrote:
wolf wrote:
Thanks for your mail,

As other friends mentioned above, it's not playable in N8-00. Every touch to the screen does the function, even you want to scroll in the map.
so it's better to play in PC. Touchscreen phones doesn't let you play it, unfortunately....

I must disagree. its not easy to control the game on N8 but once you get used to it you can use all the controls just like in pc
Elenhil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Elenhil »

MRC wrote:Thanks guys, your assistance with this is greatly appreciated!

I'll give that version a go when I get home- managed to get some of the AIs working through trial-and-error with the various versions going by the date that the updates were posted on the forum but some of them don't give any errors but do strange things like buy busses and then never release them from the depot or build everything it needs for a road network and then just sits back and doesn't populate it.Quite interesting to tr figure out what the issues are!
I would dearly love to get those AIs that you've managed to get operational! Care to share them?
WaterOfHell
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WaterOfHell »

How to make the AI's work on v18404?
Its Not How You Play The Game
Its How The Game Play's You
Remixez
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Remixez »

In the rev 18404 working multiplayer?
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

WaterOfHell wrote:How to make the AI's work on v18404?
Easiest is to get r18404, or something close to that, on your computer and use that to download AIs via the ingame content download. That way you only get AI versions that match r18404. The newest AIs don't work on that version.

Once you have that, just copy the content_download folder from your computer to your phone. But you should be able to access the content download on your phone as well. Although that may be a bit tedious due to the small buttons.
Remixez wrote:In the rev 18404 working multiplayer?
I believe so, but it will be hard to find a server running r18404. Unless you run your own server of course!
Remixez
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Remixez »

Thanks for your answer )
Em, who know, how activate cheats?
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

You may be able to tweak hotkeys.cfg to assign a custom key to the cheat window.
Depends on you phone a bit if you have on that actually has keys on it.
WaterOfHell
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WaterOfHell »

mr wolf,will you also make a Rollercoaster Tycoon port for s60v3 phones?
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

WaterOfHell wrote:mr wolf,will you also make a Rollercoaster Tycoon port for s60v3 phones?
If you first make an open source clone of it.
WaterOfHell
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WaterOfHell »

FooBar wrote:
WaterOfHell wrote:mr wolf,will you also make a Rollercoaster Tycoon port for s60v3 phones?
If you first make an open source clone of it.
Oh :( its hard and illegal?

Return to “OpenTTD Development”