..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: ..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Post by Terkhen »

There is a bug with the Velaro in the 1.28 taster (14-XII-2010), see attached screenshot.
velaro.png
velaro.png (29.4 KiB) Viewed 5746 times
EDIT: Some trains, for example the 333 "Rambo" and the 333 "Caracoles de carreras" (heh :D) have a capacity of "1" when refitted to passengers. This causes problems if the consist is being used for carrying a different kind of cargo. I suspect that a difference between callbacks 15 and 36(capacity) is to blame for this issue.
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

This trainset is excellent. I particularly like the 'refit to change livery' feature. It's awesome work. Congratulations, again.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

arikover wrote:This trainset is excellent. I particularly like the 'refit to change livery' feature. It's awesome work. Congratulations, again.
Thanks.
Terkhen wrote:There is a bug with the Velaro in the 1.28 taster (14-XII-2010), see attached screenshot.
velaro.png
EDIT: Some trains, for example the 333 "Rambo" and the 333 "Caracoles de carreras" (heh :D) have a capacity of "1" when refitted to passengers. This causes problems if the consist is being used for carrying a different kind of cargo. I suspect that a difference between callbacks 15 and 36(capacity) is to blame for this issue.
This problem is caused because the refitting option only works if the locomotive has cargo capacity. You can use a cargo that is not produced by the stations, for example, goods.

About the Velaro: I will try to fix it in the next release. Also, I have included this old MZA car:
http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/es/car ... AMNFD2.jpg
(MZA two-axles second class car, built in 1914. Madrid-Delicias Museum, 25/05/2006)

Also, I could try to include this other car:
http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/es/car ... SA4607.jpg
(Lorca-Baza-Aguilas Rw. two-axles second class car, built in 1888. Madrid-Delicias Museum, 25/05/2006)

Source:
http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/es/car ... c/pix.html
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

maquinista wrote:This problem is caused because the refitting option only works if the locomotive has cargo capacity. You can use a cargo that is not produced by the stations, for example, goods.
IMO this is not a clear way of implementing this feature, as you can always select the wrong cargo by mistake. I suggest adding a cargo of the "Special" cargo class that is not used by other industries. Other sets use a "Regearing" cargo for this.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Terkhen wrote:
maquinista wrote:This problem is caused because the refitting option only works if the locomotive has cargo capacity. You can use a cargo that is not produced by the stations, for example, goods.
IMO this is not a clear way of implementing this feature, as you can always select the wrong cargo by mistake. I suggest adding a cargo of the "Special" cargo class that is not used by other industries. Other sets use a "Regearing" cargo for this.
It could be a good idea for the next release, but I think that the best way is that locomotives should allow the usage of this variable (F2) without need cargo.

If this feature is not implemented, I will use the Special cargo.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Maquinista and I have been discussing about the best path to follow for finishing the development of this set. We are concerned about license issues, so in our opinion the first thing to do would be getting an agreement from all contributors for using the same license. Ideally the license should be any version of the GPL or a flavor of CC that allows derivative work (so none of the ND versions).

The US Set is licensed under GPLv2. Hyronymus and Purno are making a similar effort to this one regarding the Dutch Trainset and they want to use a CC-BY-NC-SA license. Spain Set uses sprites from both sets, so either of the licenses would make sense for us.

I am attaching a list of sprite attributions to this post. We will be thankful if anyone can point any errors or fill some of the missing entries of this table. In short, the list of people that we know for sure has worked in this set (or that this set uses sprites derived from their sprites) is:
  • aaronp: Contributions to the US Set licensed under GPLv2.
  • Artamir
  • Bastiaan
  • coalroads artist
  • DanMack: Contributions to the US Set licensed under GPLv2.
  • Death
  • JVassie: Has given permission for distributing all of his contributions to the Spain Set under the GPLv2.
  • maquinista
  • Purno: All of Purno's graphics are licensed under GPL.
  • Sanchimaru
  • uzurpator: Contributions to the US Set licensed under GPLv2. All contributions are public domain.
  • Wile E. Coyote
To my knowledge this list is only missing the authors of the 279 "Japonesa" engine, and also the authors of the original Dutch Train Set sprites of the 276-7600 "Francesa" and the 280.

Given that many of the contributions are already available under GPL, IMO it makes sense to aim for a GPLv2 license for the Spain Set too. We would like to ask all of the people in the list for their permission to use their contributions to this set under a GPLv2 license.
Attachments
sprites.ods
(7.77 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
sprites.xls
(88.5 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Last edited by Terkhen on 14 Aug 2011 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Pendolino train sprites

Post by maquinista »

Text removed.
Last edited by maquinista on 15 Aug 2011 02:08, edited 1 time in total.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I'm sorry, the last post should be a PM. :oops:

I will try to release a new version soon.
Alvia S-730
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alvia S-730 »

I have another train: Alvia S-130 or Alvia S-730
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Alvia S-730 wrote:I have another train: Alvia S-130 or Alvia S-730
It's coded, but I have disabled It because I don't have sprites. :(

I could try to draw them using the S-102 sprites.

----------------

One question: Do You use this set under TTDPatch?

I have in mind to change some details:
- Different passenger coach, with their own speed (9000, 2000, 8000...), not only a "long distance" and a "regional passenger coach".
- Duplicate some locomotives and add two different gear ratios (passengers and freight).
- Use fixed multiple units, not a locomotive with some regional passenger coach.

These changes needs more IDs.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

You don't really need any new IDs to achieve what you mention:

1. You can still have only 2 IDs for the passenger coaches ("long-distance" or "regional"), but add multiple refits to them, each of which will correspond to a particular max speed. Like this, you'll also be able to vary length, capacities, graphics etc. Or, you can have the coaches change their max speed according to what engines they're attached to.
2. You can do a similar thing for locomotives as well; you can either set them refittable to "0 passengers" and create refits for different gear ratios, or you can automatically change a locomotive's gear ratio according to the attached wagons (for example, lower max speed and higher TE if a freight wagon is attached).
3. Perhaps fixed MUs with different lengths might be the only reason why you'd need more IDs. However, I think it's also possible to have multiple refits each of which corresponds to a certain number of cars.

IMHO, multiple IDs for essentially the same vehicle might be confusing and would generate an unnecessarily long purchase list.
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Snail wrote: IMHO, multiple IDs for essentially the same vehicle might be confusing and would generate an unnecessarily long purchase list.
Just two IDs for the local and the intercity passenger wagon will screw autoreplace though. Thus newer, better versions of the same vehicle thus should get a separate ID (and the old wagon type should be phased-out, becoming unavailable some time after introduction of the new).

It's also not like IDs are in short supply.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Thanks. The problem is that I have lots of liveries on some trains (~10). This is a problem because the list would be too big and It could appear cluttered.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

maquinista wrote:[...] I have lots of liveries on some trains (~10). This is a problem because the list would be too big and It could appear cluttered.
If your liveries should be freely selectable for the player, the usual way to go would be to make them available by "cargo sub texts" in the way Snail described above.

regards
Michael
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

i think the point was: if you go down the route of refitting (or automatic changes by build/current date) then there should not be different gameplay properties. if you have different properties, then you should have different vehicles, so you can do autoreplace.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

You can still go this route if the properties change with time, or according to the loco they're attached to. Autoreplace would just build new coaches with the "correct" properties with respect to the new year of built, or the loco heading the train.
If multiple coach types with different properties are available at the same time, or for the same loco, then yes, autoreplace as it is now wouldn't work.

Question for the OTTD devs: Would it be possible to modify the current autoreplace, so that it'd be able to select not only the vehicle type, but also the cargo subtype it's refitted to? This would solve possible problems with my set, too...
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

michael blunck wrote:
maquinista wrote:[...] I have lots of liveries on some trains (~10). This is a problem because the list would be too big and It could appear cluttered.
If your liveries should be freely selectable for the player, the usual way to go would be to make them available by "cargo sub texts" in the way Snail described above.

regards
Michael
yes, the livery can be selected using the cargo refit window.
Attachments
Refit window.
Refit window.
OpenTTD_japonesa.png (3.72 KiB) Viewed 3847 times
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

Snail wrote:Question for the OTTD devs: Would it be possible to modify the current autoreplace, so that it'd be able to select not only the vehicle type, but also the cargo subtype it's refitted to? This would solve possible problems with my set, too...
probably, not, as the NewGRF has too much control over those (based on front engine, etc.), so they cannot be properly detected from the purchase list.

and that still would not solve the fact that you need to set an autoreplace with itself to get the updated vehicles, which is the core of the problem. and this cannot be solved either, because you cannot have cyclic replace rules, so especially not a cyclus with length 1.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Snail wrote:You can still go this route if the properties change with time, or according to the loco they're attached to. Autoreplace would just build new coaches with the "correct" properties with respect to the new year of built, or the loco heading the train.
If multiple coach types with different properties are available at the same time, or for the same loco, then yes, autoreplace as it is now wouldn't work.

Question for the OTTD devs: Would it be possible to modify the current autoreplace, so that it'd be able to select not only the vehicle type, but also the cargo subtype it's refitted to? This would solve possible problems with my set, too...
Mind you CANNOT autoreplace a vehicle by a vehicle with the same ID. Thus just updating the properties of a vehicle over time will NOT suffice. Also, after all, if the stats do change, it is a different vehicle; the question is just where to draw the line.

There's autorenew, but that will only occur, if enabled (thus that setting would totally screw a behaviour which relies on servicing setting). Thus it can only be badly controlled by players.
Ikesankom
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ikesankom »

Hi maquinista! I'm newbie in this forum. I've played TTD since many years ago and OpenTTD since some. When I found the Spain set is the only I can use. I'm a fanatic of spanish trains.
Before I register in this forum, I' ve follow this and other threads about your spanish set and I though this thread and other were "dead". Because I thought the set will never be improved and fixed, I try to do it myself, but only get to see the sprites.
I hope you' ll carry on making the spanish set and obtain the license in order to be online. If I can help in something don't forget it. :) .

Return to “Graphics Development”