Station building on slope corners ?

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Station building on slope corners ?

Post by Dante123 »

screenshot for more clarification in this post: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=924262#p924262 (or direct link to image: http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file.php?id=139512 )

as the discussion started in the above topic, i like to suggest a small code change for openttd. i think it will be good to allow the construction of station tiles on the corners of slopes.
train depots are able to be build at the same tile, but strange enough station platform tiles are not. (i even believe buildings are supported here too)
all current foundations also are usable for this part, so maybe one of the devs can consider this code change ?
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Station building on slope corners ?

Post by lawton27 »

Allowing building of a station tile on that would cause one end of the station to be 1 level above the ground with no slope, my guess is this would cause more problems than it would solve. The only reason you can build a depot is because it has only one side from which trains can enter.

However if sloped or diagonal stations are ever implemented I presume it would be much easier to make stations buildable on this tile.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

It could be allowed for non-track tiles only, that would solve that problem.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

the problem with that is non-track-tiles don't actually exist in the map, so they may turn into track-tiles.

the actual problem here is the vehicle movement code, which doesn't check for z-difference upon entering a tile.
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Eddi wrote:the problem with that is non-track-tiles don't actually exist in the map, so they may turn into track-tiles.
Now that we don't allow NewGRF changes, they can't change back...
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

then give a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... d+stations
with newgrfs you would be able to define a station as always plain or sloped if wanted
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

petern wrote:
Eddi wrote:the problem with that is non-track-tiles don't actually exist in the map, so they may turn into track-tiles.
Now that we don't allow NewGRF changes, they can't change back...
... not all things that are "not allowed" are also "impossible to happen"... or have you missed the part in driving school where they say someone who comes the wrong way out of a oneway road still has priority on the crossing.
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

Dante123 wrote:screenshot for more clarification in this post: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=924262#p924262 (or direct link to image: http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file.php?id=139512 )

as the discussion started in the above topic, i like to suggest a small code change for openttd. i think it will be good to allow the construction of station tiles on the corners of slopes.
train depots are able to be build at the same tile, but strange enough station platform tiles are not. (i even believe buildings are supported here too)
all current foundations also are usable for this part, so maybe one of the devs can consider this code change ?
I suspect that you could use a NewObject to resolve this?
Member of the
ImageImage
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

That´s a classical TMWFTLB. And BTW, it looks quite "realistic" without:
corner.png
corner.png (16.87 KiB) Viewed 1809 times
Scenes like this can be seen everywhere at wharfs and in harbours.

regards
Michael
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

somewhere around here exists a "railtype" that can fill such corners.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”