Chill's patchpack v14_7

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Chill's patchpack v11_5

Post by ChillCore »

Melfice wrote: Oh, I'm quite happy with the current patches, so no need to send me that old one.
And if it doesn't work... it doesn't work. ;) Simple as that.
I tried using m8 before but that does not exist ...
It might work if/when "stealing" some free bits somewhere else, but I have not invested time in trying to do so.
Feel free to try and merge the two patches to get them to work if you want. If you are succesful I'll add it.
The system load caused by the grass on tracks patch can be disabled by disabling the "show all details setting".
Alberth wrote:
ChillCore wrote: Ok, that works also ... I figured it would not as I tried 0x300 and 0x3F8 and that crashed the game ... seems I was wrong.
0x300 = 0x100 + 0x200 (in terms of single bits[1]), thus you made HT_PREVIEW = (HT_VEHICLE | HT_DIAGONAL). I am pretty sure that causes chaos. If it doesn't, then the drag mask of 0x3F8 will, as HT_VEHICLE and HT_DIAGONAL must stay outside that mask. (Tile highlighting enum has plenty of room to mess up :p )

[1] Due to the binary nature of computer systems, a 'single bit' means a value that is a power of 2 (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, ...). In hexadecimal notation it is an easy pattern, since 1 hex digit represents 4 bits. (0x1, 0x2, 0x4, 0x8, 0x10, 0x20, 0x40, 0x80, 0x100, 0x200, ...). The trick of using hexadecimal numbers is to read it as a bit pattern rather than as a number.
I understand now what I did wrong.
It works in the same way as you would set the parameters for the ECS vectors, just add bits together to get the result you want.
But when writing such GRF (or code) make sure that you can never get to the same result by adding different bits together. :)
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
damerell
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by damerell »

ChillCore wrote: @ everybody:
I have found a way to use "waypoints" in combination with autoseparation.
Replace waypoints with station tiles and use the non-stop via order. ;)
Call me stupid here, but I think I missed the issue in 8000 previous posts. What's the problem, please?
clarklawson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by clarklawson »

ChillCore wrote:
clarklawson wrote: Is there any reason why I can't apply GRFs during a game but they're listed on the 'New GRF' window on the start-up screen?

As I want to apply my usual prefix to a scenario that I use - and I can't apply them to the scenario either.

Any ideas?
As Arie- explained.

When you make a new scenario the GRF preset from the main menu is used.
Adjusting that afterwards for an existing scenario in the scenario editor is the same as adjusting that ingame and will give errors in most cases afterwards.

If you must edit a scenario (because of no available vehicles or whatever)... try the "scenario_developer" setting in the config file but be warned that in most cases you will not get (much) support if things go wrong.
Devs (-> clean OpenTTD) will not bother and I will not search for long neither as those errors are buggers to find and can not be solved in most cases other than restarting a game/scenario and not modifying GRFs.

Also,
If you are playing with the windows binary for v11_6 do not try to distant join stations. The game will crash.
Instead do it like before it was possible to distant join stations. (-> Build connected stations and use the bulldozer tool to seperate them afterwards.)
In the next version this will be fixed.
Thanks for the info. The GRFs work fine and will be careful when joining stations.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

damerell wrote:
ChillCore wrote: @ everybody:
I have found a way to use "waypoints" in combination with autoseparation.
Replace waypoints with station tiles and use the non-stop via order. ;)
Call me stupid here, but I think I missed the issue in 8000 previous posts. What's the problem, please?
IIRC it is mentioned in the first post. If not more info in the autoseparation thread. (link in second post.)

Anyway,
Vehicle autoseparation will not be correct when using waypoints and vehicles with shared orders will not spread out nicely.
Issue still to be fixed in the autoseparation patch.

When a vehicle is sent to the depot it is taken out of the list and separation is recalculated for the remaining vehicles. At that point you will see that separation is also a bit messed up for a little while. (-> Normal as things have to be recalculated and vehicles start times adjusted.)
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
bluebottle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bluebottle »

This is a build of r21667 for Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx), using Chillcore's great patch pack. Packaged as a .deb for easy installation/removal/upgrade. :)
Yes, I'm still on the LTS release. This may very well work with 10.10, though; feel free to give it a shot.
  • As with the distro OpenTTD package, you need to have the data files in /usr/share/games/openttd/data/.
  • This build is unstripped to provide better (i.e. useful) core dumps/backtraces. This is similar to including the .pdb file for MSVC builds.
Download: openttd_chillcore-r21667M-no_debug-unstripped-i386.deb
This does not have the distant-stations fix. I will provide a newer build when Chillcore releases the next version.

Report all bugs or crashes to this thread.
Attachments
chipp_v11_6_r21667.diff
Patch used
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 43 times
Last edited by bluebottle on 10 Jan 2011 05:14, edited 1 time in total.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

bluebottle wrote: This is a build of r21667 for Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx), using Chillcore's great patch pack. Packaged as a .deb for easy installation/removal/upgrade. :)
Thank you for the build bluebottle.

Have you adjusted tilehighlight_type.h before compiling to avoid the crashes when distant joining stations? (see a few posts back.)
If you did not ... I am almost ready with the next version but I am having a little arguement with the new smallmap feature and I have a patch or two to update.
Yes, I'm still on the LTS release. This may very well work with 10.10, though; feel free to give it a shot.
So am I. I will be sticking to it for a litlle while longer. :)

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

When someone can it'd be nice if we could get a Win32 build.

Also, it'd be nice if the patch was set up to compile every now and then like cargodist in the bundles thing. That way people wouldn't have to keep asking for binaries.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

NekoMaster wrote: When someone can it'd be nice if we could get a Win32 build.
It would be nice if someone took the the time to notice that the (already posted) windows binary for v11_6 is 7 days old ...
I have not yet posted a new version of the patchpack since then.
Also, it'd be nice if the patch was set up to compile every now and then like cargodist in the bundles thing. That way people wouldn't have to keep asking for binaries.
As soon as I feel comfortable with branches and patchqueues ... I will ask space on the coopserver.
Although I do not like to work with a zillion small patches, I prefer one big patch as I find it easier to manage because all codechanges are then in one file. If I need to know what changed between two versions I just compare a broken patch with a working patch, much easier than finding the correct commit and still not see the problem because the "conflicting" commit happened a few revisions before or after ... (Manage != review for trunk inclusion.)

Someone offered to host a svn repo some time ago, but he/she does not need my permission/cooperation to do so. Just patch the source with my latest diff and replace when I post a new one. As long as I can pay for my internet connection I will keep updating the patchpack while trying to fix bugs. (For as long as I feel like continuing that is.)

Also untill now people have been posting binaries without the need for someone asking for one ...

Is it really needed to have the compile farm compile patchpack binaries for all platforms?
The only people not compiling themselves are the people on windows it seems and the windows binaries have been provided very regulary by various people ...

bluebottle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bluebottle »

ChillCore wrote: Have you adjusted tilehighlight_type.h before compiling to avoid the crashes when distant joining stations? (see a few posts back.)
If you did not ... I am almost ready with the next version but I am having a little arguement with the new smallmap feature and I have a patch or two to update.
Oops, no, I didn't see that one. Sorry, I'll amend my post to note it.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Not so small update ...

v11_8
====
Updated:
- Departureboards to r21699
- CargoDist to r21666
- Improved station build gui partially removed. (Station part in trunk r21755, in another way but result is almost the same.)

Fixed:
- CopyPaste patch tilehighlighting caused crashes. (Thank you, Alberth.)
- Disable setting the start date in the vehicle timetable gui when autoseparation is on.

Ended:
- Previously mentioned arguement with new smallmap feature. (To be continued ... /me is not going to remove smallmap cargo links.)

Things todo:
- Many. :lol:
Attachments
chipp_v11_8_r21765.diff
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 62 times

Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

With the Ifrastructure sharing patch is it possible to set different levels of payment to different companies?

For Example company A pays £50 per day on track and Company B pays £20?

Also is there any way of sending money between companies in single player
The TT forums trivia tournament! Come along and join in the fun
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=90722
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Lordmwa wrote: With the Ifrastructure sharing patch is it possible to set different levels of payment to different companies?

The option to do so seems not to be in the advanced setting gui so I guess not.

I do not think it would be fair if it was possible ... you let your friend on your infrastructure for a low fee but charge high for someone you do not like/know?
Ingame someone either joins your company or plays with a different company ...
Also is there any way of sending money between companies in single player
I always play singleplayer and do not know how to send money to another comany. (I never found the option to do that).
Instead I switch to the other compan/y/ies and cheat them some money.

I would not mind adding the option if I knew where and how ...

Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

ChillCore wrote:
Lordmwa wrote: With the Ifrastructure sharing patch is it possible to set different levels of payment to different companies?

The option to do so seems not to be in the advanced setting gui so I guess not.

I do not think it would be fair if it was possible ... you let your friend on your infrastructure for a low fee but charge high for someone you do not like/know?
Im talking about single player here - i like to run a track company and then multiple train companies but some train companies can afford more than others.
ChillCore wrote:
Lordmwa wrote: Also is there any way of sending money between companies in single player
I always play singleplayer and do not know how to send money to another comany. (I never found the option to do that).

[/quote]

Im sure this used to exist as part of infrastructure sharing but i may be wrong
ColdIce
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ColdIce »

thank you very much :bow:

build log http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/RHO

win 32 build - not tested... yet :P
Attachments
chipp_v11_8_r21765.rar
(3.71 MiB) Downloaded 156 times
The rest is confetti!
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

ChillCore wrote: The option to do so seems not to be in the advanced setting gui so I guess not.

Im talking about single player here - i like to run a track company and then multiple train companies but some train companies can afford more than others.
The option for individual sharing fee settings has been removed a long, long time ago.

If you want that for AIs in singleplayer you will first have to find an AI that is willing to use your infrastructure ... last time I enabled it in singleplayer, which has been a while ago, I could use the AI's infrastructure without problems but the AIs I tested did not bother coming on mine ...
If you find one that does I might consider having a looksie at re-adding it (for singleplayer only :twisted: ) ... before you do I really do not see the point.

Anyway I still consider it unfair if you could charge differently for different companies.
Lordmwa wrote: Also is there any way of sending money between companies in single player
ChillCore wrote: I always play singleplayer and do not know how to send money to another comany. (I never found the option to do that).

Im sure this used to exist as part of infrastructure sharing but i may be wrong
I think you are wrong but I could be wrong about you being wrong ... sure that you are not confusing this with feeder shares or company shares?
There was some talk about being able to cheat with one of them (or both) in the IS thread. (I do not know the details.)
The IS versions against r17810 or r14589 do not have that option.

ColdIce wrote: thank you very much :bow:

build log http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/RHO

win 32 build - not tested... yet :P
Thank you for the build and the buildlog ColdIce.
Enjoy your testing ...

Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

ChillCore wrote: Anyway I still consider it unfair if you could charge differently for different companies.
Unfair but as in real life - here in the UK (not sure where you are from) some companies pay to run the more lucrative rail franchises but the less profit making ones the goverment actually pays the companies to some extent
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Lordmwa wrote:
ChillCore wrote: Anyway I still consider it unfair if you could charge differently for different companies.
Unfair but as in real life - here in the UK (not sure where you are from) some companies pay to run the more lucrative rail franchises but the less profit making ones the goverment actually pays the companies to some extent
isn't the latter a subsidy ?
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

Well yes but the point still stands
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

So, whats new in the new patched build?
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Lordmwa wrote:
Yes, in real life that can happen and does happen but in real life you can not adjust the daylength factor.

Please show me a savegame, in which you have not switched companies, where the ai is running on your rails or using your stations (railstation, port, vehicle stop or airport). After that and no sooner will I consider having a looksie at re-adding the individual IS options for singleplayer.
I will not add it for multiplayer and I will not consider doing so.

OpenTTD is a game, that is supposed to be fun and fair in multiplayer. There is already enough options to mess with the oponents without me adding some ...

NekoMaster wrote: So, whats new in the new patched build?
- Bumped about 100 trunk revisions. -> Lots of fixes, a few new features. Many conflicts solved.
- Reverted about 15 trunk revisions. -> Prevent crashing in smallmap gui, and keep the more important (to me) feature. Will be put back in when rewritten/fixed to fit the patchpack. I did try for two days not to revert those revisions but in the end I did to stop me from getting frustrated, it is now easier to extract the +-15 reverts as 1 patch and try again later.
- CargoDist -> Coding style.
- Depatureboards -> Option to display group in gui.
- Improved station build gui -> Trunk has an improved station build gui now but not yet improved waypoint gui so removed the build stations part.
- Fixed crash when building distant joined stations while keeping rail highlighting functional in copypaste patch.
- Disabled setting the start date when autoseparate is on. -> No more "Hey, my timetables ..." -> Still need to add a tooltip though to explain that the advanced setting needs to be disabled to enable it again.
- Everything else I want/need to do is for future versions after I had the chance to play a little myself.

If you need it more detailed, please compare the diff of the previous version with the new.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”