Delete?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Transporter
Engineer
Engineer

Delete?

Post by Transporter »

Hi,

can I delete my company in a multiplayer game with a command in the console so that all stations, rails, vehicles and cash are deleted?

Sometimes there are some buttheads in multiplayer games that have only fun when blocking, disturbing and destroying the ohters game. X(
Then I don't want to continue playing...

Thanks for an answer
Dwight_K._Schrute
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Delete?

Post by Dwight_K._Schrute »

The second post in this thread seems to be what you are looking for...

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=50272
Transporter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Transporter »

Hm, when I try to use the command 'reset_company <companyid>' the OTTD console says "This command is only available to a network server"... ?(
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

You need to have access to the server via rcon. Set a rcon password in the config and use !rcon <password> '<command>' to send commands to the server.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

without the ! ;-)
Transporter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Transporter »

How to set the rcon password?

(if I do what the maual says no confirmation of my password appears and no command is accepted)
Last edited by Transporter on 04 Oct 2010 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

it might be an idea to have a look at the servers config file, or to use the search function at wiki.openttd.org
Transporter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Transporter »

How do I have a look at the servers config file?

Sorry for my foolish questions, I'm chemist, not programmer. chemistry doesn't help in the console... :(
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

Just a note... You cannot do it on a public internet server, only the server admin can do it.
The rcon command is for controlling the server from a remote client, and if you're not the admin, you cannot set the password.
Transporter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Transporter »

Ok, that's a statement... :?

And there's no way for me to delete my company except of deleting painful by hand?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

There is not for the player.

But you could bancrupt your company, then it will get deleted. Some servers also delete companies automatically with no player after a certain time, maybe quicker, if there's no password, maybe quicker, if it has no vehicles.
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

else, if you are annoyed by those players, you can simply find a better server and play there. simply leave the games where annoying players run about.
Transporter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Transporter »

Sure, I can leave the game I've perfectly developed over a long time, and I do so - and I don't want to leave behind my creation when some destructive dumbasses get the upper hand...
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Passwords usually help quite efficiently that a dumbass can't join - both the server in general as your company in detail.

Good servers also have admins around who take care that a dumbass cannot ruin a game and / or restore it after such action - and for example kick and ban the dumbass and delete his/her company.

Return to “General OpenTTD”