New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread (Works In Progress)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

r3fl3x3s
Engineer
Engineer

Re: New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread

Post by r3fl3x3s »

very nice radar :P
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

r3fl3x3s wrote:very nice radar :P
Thanks :lol: . I am now busy with the remaining parts of the small airport. Just in Botswana atm, so no time really.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes...
Mat 10:32 "So I will acknowledge in front of my Father in heaven that person who acknowledges me in front of others.
Mat 10:33 But I will tell my Father in heaven that I don't know the person who tells others that he doesn't know me.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

j0rdax wrote:So here is my take on the hanging glass building, construction and final product.
I have coded it (It's finished). The previous sprites will be released as a TAR + NewGRF. It will have 3 construction stages.
http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-repo/i ... ile&id=253
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

Cool, can you perhaps post a screen capture or a mock-up? I would love to see how it fits with the other buildings. The small airport is coming along slowly, but I will get it done.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes...
Mat 10:32 "So I will acknowledge in front of my Father in heaven that person who acknowledges me in front of others.
Mat 10:33 But I will tell my Father in heaven that I don't know the person who tells others that he doesn't know me.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have created a new GRF with previous model. Also, this is the screenshot:
Attachments
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
building_tube.jpg (119.11 KiB) Viewed 5096 times
additional_houses.tar
TAR+NewGRF with previous model.
(182.5 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
ArmEagle
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ArmEagle »

maquinista wrote:I have created a new GRF with previous model. Also, this is the screenshot:
What's up with the cables running to that right-most anchor? It seems like something is being drawn over them.
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

I have no idea. Maybe just something to do with the actual screen shot. I wonder why my ground tiles are so dark? I used the same stuff available in standard items from the wiki.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

ArmEagle wrote:
maquinista wrote:I have created a new GRF with previous model. Also, this is the screenshot:
What's up with the cables running to that right-most anchor? It seems like something is being drawn over them.
It's a problem when I code it. I will try to fix it.
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

The screenshot and the tar-file do not match. In the tar-file are the old graphics for this building, not the ones in the screenhot
Attachments
sprite in tar-file
sprite in tar-file
27_z0.png (72.82 KiB) Viewed 4972 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

habell wrote:
The screenshot and the tar-file do not match. In the tar-file are the old graphics for this building, not the ones in the screenhot
The TAR file is the previous building in a TAR+NewGRF file. The new building was uploaded to the repository.

I'm fixing the new building and creating a newGRF for tropical houses by Wacki, because the tropical houses doesn't have different sprites for ground and building.
Attachments
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
tropical_houses_fixed.jpeg (66.28 KiB) Viewed 4966 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Two screenshots with the NewGRF and without it:
Attachments
Without NewGRF.
Without NewGRF.
comparation0.JPEG (78.71 KiB) Viewed 4904 times
With GRF.
With GRF.
comparation1.JPEG (78.14 KiB) Viewed 4904 times
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

maquinista wrote:Two screenshots with the NewGRF and without it:
It now looks much better. By 'NewGRF', do you mean Special GRF, or just a replacement of the original GRF?
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

j0rdax wrote:
maquinista wrote:Two screenshots with the NewGRF and without it:
It now looks much better. By 'NewGRF', do you mean Special GRF, or just a replacement of the original GRF?
It is a special GRF that replaces the buildings.

But... the buildings modelled by Wacki should be released in a different package, because We don't know if He allows to distribute their graphics under GPL.

Maybe We should release their graphics as a separate optional TAR file and model new buildings for tropical climate.

If You want add some variations or construction stages for your files, I can try to add them. They will be released in a different TAR+GRF file.
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

It would be a pity not to be able to include Wacki's stuff. Have you tried pm-ing him?

I thought of moddeling a few extra city buildings based on ones in my town, for NewGRF's and a bit of variety. Will see how far I get.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

j0rdax wrote:It would be a pity not to be able to include Wacki's stuff. Have you tried pm-ing him?
Two times, the last, yesterday. He didn't answered them.

The Wacki's stuff will be a new GRF. If the parameter of the GRF is 1, It will replace the buildings, if It is 0, it will add the buildings. This is useful until their buildings are replaced.
j0rdax wrote:I thought of moddeling a few extra city buildings based on ones in my town, for NewGRF's and a bit of variety. Will see how far I get.
It could be a interesting idea.
Wacki
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Wacki »

Hi, I am sorry, but I am very busy...
But... the buildings modelled by Wacki should be released in a different package, because We don't know if He allows to distribute their graphics under GPL.
Yes, I allows my graphics under GPL. Enyone can use it!!!
Sorry for my very bad English!!! :(
I am 3dsmax artist.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Wacki wrote:Hi, I am sorry, but I am very busy...
Yes, I allows my graphics under GPL. Enyone can use it!!!
Thanks! :D

This is a screenshot of the current state of tropical houses with the NewGRF loaded:
Attachments
screenshot with houses. Other interesting advantage is that the selector square is not hidden.
screenshot with houses. Other interesting advantage is that the selector square is not hidden.
tropical_houses_fixed2.jpeg (215.5 KiB) Viewed 642 times
Houses in 8 bpp.
Houses in 8 bpp.
SCR10b.png (68.85 KiB) Viewed 4660 times
juancarniglia
Engineer
Engineer

Post by juancarniglia »

Maquinista asked me to release my "Water Tower" model. So here it is. The ZIP contains the Blender file,
and the PNGs. I hope you can use it as is.
Attachments
WaterTower.zip
(813.56 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Juan Ignacio Carniglia
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Thanks, I can create a GRF file to replace the industry tile of the water tower. It will select a random sprite, and I will give more variety for the game. :D
Other option is to select the style of the water tower depending on the construction year.
juancarniglia
Engineer
Engineer

Post by juancarniglia »

I hope you all like it. I will try to make other contributions in the future.
Juan Ignacio Carniglia

Return to “Graphics Development”