OpenTTD 1.0.0-RC1

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: OpenTTD 1.0.0-RC1

Post by Rubidium »

slap head2 wrote:I am dissapointed that RC1 could not wait for the music replacement project.
What has releasing a release candidate to do with 'some' music replacement project? It's like holding off releasing a version of OpenTTD because some NewGRF isn't finished yet.

OpenTTD is perfectly playable and the various music replacement 'projects' have had more than enough times (several years) to come up with something. Now that each and every time someone suggests it again it becomes a discussion about what format to take makes it all-in-all boring for the musicians because they need to wait for the final decision. If they would have started making MIDIs two years ago it would already be done.

Just look at the 32bpp graphics replacement project. It's running for over FIVE years now, yet each and every time they change some aspect or declare a bunch of graphics unfinished/unuseable, or people just posted some renderings without the models and now they changed the lighting for the Nth time they have to be dropped. Someone should take leadership and just fix the whole issue, like I 'took' leadership of OpenSFX and within a few months it was done. Or how Zephyris and a few others took leadership over OpenGFX and finished it after muddling about for a long time.

So, it's all about taking leadership instead of whining that "the musicians" aren't working hard enough. Make a plan about the styles you want to incorporate and find people who are willing to make a single track. Then keep track of their progress, and most importantly, keep them inspired/willing to improve the track. Set up a repository somewhere, #openttdcoop might want to help you, and fill the 'issue tracker' with the tracks you would like. Set some achievable goals and *release* something, even when it isn't 100% finished. It really helps with debugging and getting good feedback!
neob
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by neob »

first no one really care about 32bpp graphics unless its in full zoom and before ppl was waiting for the original open source implementation.
i am sure you fully aware that a consistent look needed and unlike in 8bpp pixel art in 32bpp without a 3d model such small changes require to start all over, but now that we have a repository it is moving forward. (although i would hope that all those finial touches will be written down)

besides regarding the music, i believe that no one here blaming anyone its just disappointing that the 1.0.0 version of OTTD will ship without a music pack.
Old TTDLXer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Old TTDLXer »

Transport Tycoon Deluxe was one of my all time favorite games. I recently discovered the OpenTTD project, and I must say that the amount of work y'all have done in recreating it is just beyond amazing. The programmers, the artists, and everyone behind and in front of the scenes has done a wonderful job - it's obvious it is a labor of love for all of you.

Job well done, and my heartfelt thanks to all of you for your efforts. You do realize you're just making my computer addiction even worse, don't you?
megadave
Engineer
Engineer

Post by megadave »

ive just installed the update and its added "ay" on the end of each word, any ideas on how to fix this ?
Hirundo
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Hirundo »

megadave wrote:ive just installed the update and its added "ay" on the end of each word, any ideas on how to fix this ?
Set your language to something else than piglatin. :lol:
Create your own NewGRF? Check out this tutorial!
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Sounds more like he replaced the language files but not the actually OpenTTD binary. Given that Pig Latin was ditched it won't be replaced by the new archives and as such it stays, so the old binary finds only one valid language: Pig Latin. In other words, something didn't go right, maybe you're starting the wrong executable or so?
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Post by ostlandr »

Ethay ewnay eleaseray andidatecay osent'day upportsay igpay atinlay? :mrgreen:

Oh come on! Google supports both Klingon and "bort bort bort" (the language the Muppets' "Swedish Chef" speaks.)
Who is John Galt?
Nemesis
Director
Director

Post by Nemesis »

ostlandr wrote:Ethay ewnay eleaseray andidatecay osent'day upportsay igpay atinlay? :mrgreen:

Oh come on! Google supports both Klingon and "bort bort bort" (the language the Muppets' "Swedish Chef" speaks.)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Klingon is a language ;)
Gods don't make mistakes.
Though, sometimes i think it will be nice to be able to carry a tune
Tvel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tvel »

Nemesis wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Klingon is a language ;)
Yea, Sophos even trasnlated their antivirus software to klingon. :D
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Out of interest why was Pig Latin dropped? Lack of translator/s?
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
holmez
Engineer
Engineer

Post by holmez »

Don't know if it's just me (or if this is the right place to report this). But trying to upgrade from beta 4 to RC1 on ubuntu (using the debian-lenny build) and I'm getting the error 'newer version already installed'.

I'm currently trying uninstalling and re-installing - and it looks like it's doing the job.
Sahtor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sahtor »

holmez wrote:Don't know if it's just me (or if this is the right place to report this). But trying to upgrade from beta 4 to RC1 on ubuntu (using the debian-lenny build) and I'm getting the error 'newer version already installed'.
https://launchpad.net/~sahtor/+archive/ ... 1_i386.deb
https://launchpad.net/~sahtor/+archive/ ... _amd64.deb

Try one of these. Again not guaranteed to work 100% but it's running in my own Ubuntu 9.10
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Nemesis wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Klingon is a language ;)
More than you imagine. An american nut-house had to employ a Klingon translator because all the nuts learned Klingon from a dictionary and refused to speak anything else. For real!

BTW: GREAT job everybody. Thanx.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
PMSoft
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PMSoft »

I have a problem in the game.
When I play the game (in Portuguese) appears one window who says

Depuração de AI
DummyAI(v1)
Não foi encontrada IA adequada para carregar.
Esta IA é um pacote vazio e não fará nada.
Pode descarregar varias IA através do sistema ‘Conteúdo Online’.

Were I fund the IA and how install them
Hirundo
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Hirundo »

PMSoft wrote:Pode descarregar varias IA através do sistema ‘Conteúdo Online’.
The answer is right there in your post :)
Look in the main menu.
Create your own NewGRF? Check out this tutorial!
PMSoft
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PMSoft »

Hirundo wrote:
PMSoft wrote:Pode descarregar varias IA através do sistema ‘Conteúdo Online’.
The answer is right there in your post :)
Look in the main menu.
Tanks for the attention

OTHER ERROR – I verify in the Boot Dock if I put the oil boat to put there the oil to pass to a train the oil despaired if there are no train in the dock.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

For your other error you probably will be helped by this wiki page: http://wiki.openttd.org/Feeder_service
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
ough
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ough »

I don't know for beta-4 but in RC1 the option of multi grf's vehicles (the option that you can have 10000 of trains and not just 18 or so) doesen't work in RC1. But it works in beta-3.
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

ough wrote:I don't know for beta-4 but in RC1 the option of multi grf's vehicles (the option that you can have 10000 of trains and not just 18 or so) doesen't work in RC1. But it works in beta-3.
The 2cc train set and NARS seem to work fine in RC1 for me. Maybe for some reason you disabled the feature or you loaded a NewGRF that disables itself or others if the feature is enabled.
ough
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ough »

The uk trainset 3.04 was the one i tested.

EDIT: The uk set disables the original OTTD trains. 2cc set works fine so is dutch trainset.

Return to “General OpenTTD”