32bit Graphics Extra Zoom Patch

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [32bpp] Extra zoom levels, experimental new CC algorithm

Post by NekoMaster »

Can I possibly get a diff for openttd r18972? I would like to compile a linux build
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

maquinista: Thanks a lot for that clear explanation. This looks like a great new feature for artists. I'll experiment with this myself at some point.

NekoMaster: Probably best just to wait until the next diff appears...people don't sanction there contributions until a begging quoter is met.
Ben
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

If applying the patch to current trunk does not work any more, you can always revert to the version the patch is made for by:
svn up -r xxxxxx (xxxxxx being the rev number)
Antonio1984
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Antonio1984 »

Hi guys...I've seen that when I click on the city's name, nothing happened..I don't see the info windows...I'm using a 32 bpp full zoom zip files for x64 systems, downloaded in this topic ...
I've tried to install a normal exe (with setup) and it works...any suggest?
neob
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by neob »

its a known bug see Known bugs
Antonio1984
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Antonio1984 »

So at the moment doesn't exist a solution?because it is impossible to interact with the towns administration...
however thanks for ther reply...
neob
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by neob »

you can always use the normal zoom level and use it just like the original :)
Antonio1984
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Antonio1984 »

ok..but I remember that I played in the past with the extra zoom, and it worked properly...this problem is due to the new experimental algorithm?
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Another bug that hasn't been listed, and I can't quite nail down is in zooming in fast(?). On my tablet I have a touch sensitive strip, if I use this to zoom in because of the speed I can do it at, sometimes the final zoomed in location is not as intended. It's usually some way North/upward of that. It jumps between z1 and z2, although that may only be due to that being the second zoom command in a quick succession rather than a fault with it individually. I can also get this zooming out rapidly.

I think it usually jumps to the centre or very bottom corner, and the easiest place to test is the far right quarter of a map and it jumps to right-centre. That's about all I have concluded so far.
Ben
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

Antonio1984 wrote:ok..but I remember that I played in the past with the extra zoom, and it worked properly...this problem is due to the new experimental algorithm?
You're right about it being ok in the past, but I messed it up somewhere in one of the merges with trunk, but it is not related to the new algorithm. It's one of the things that's high on my prio list, because it affects gameplay, and I took a quick look at it already, but everytime I think I've got it fixed some other issue appears. But please be patient, I'm sure it will get fixed in one of the following updates.

Second on the list are the problems with fences that Maquinista reported, especially the one where the fences cross the track. Good news is that I know what the problem is for that one, still debugging the second bug Maquinista reported, but that one is less important, I guess, only affecting the shadows of the fence poles.

And yeah, you're right Ben, that also is not completely correct, I've seen it happen mostly when zooming in on a point on the map, then zooming out, followed by a zoom in again. Although I'll take a look at it, I think it less important than the issues mentioned before, hope you can understand that.
32Bpp-Pack
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 32Bpp-Pack »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote:NekoMaster: Probably best just to wait until the next diff appears...people don't sanction there contributions until a begging quota is met.
i hope we can meet this quota today, i would love to include the new version in the pack later today when i upload it. (tivo broke so i have to finish DL lost and few others "lost" episodes before i can begin)
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

Missed today by half an hour, but anyways here's a new diff.
Partly solves the issues Maquinista reported (only in one direction, other directions still have to be fixed).
Attachments
32bpp_19024_v13.diff
(79.36 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
neob
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by neob »

here the binary's, this time i set the revision as you said.
btw, i see that if the game will not find an openttd.cfg file the game still crushes instead of creating a new one with default settings :(
Attachments
OpenTTD 32Bpp.r19024.Win32.rar
(3.3 MiB) Downloaded 4256 times
OpenTTD 32Bpp.r19024.Win64.rar
(3.74 MiB) Downloaded 4817 times
32bpp_19024_v13.diff
(79.36 KiB) Downloaded 1296 times
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

neob wrote:here the binary's, this time i set the revision as you said.
btw, i see that if the game will not find an openttd.cfg file the game still crushes instead of creating a new one with default settings :(
thats because no cfg means the sprite cache isn't set, you need it to be larger then 32 to prevent crashes ( i have lots of ram so I bring it up to 128)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
neob
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by neob »

i remember i already suggested this and this why i said still crushes.

and the problem is with missing blitter = "32bpp-optimized" line and not the sprite cache
yes if you set a low sprite cache # the game will crush later on but it will at least start and if not provided will assume a default sprite_cache_size = 4
unlike the blitter, missing "32bpp-optimized" will result in immediate crush.

and since "32bpp-optimized" is the only available option that will not crush it, why not set it as default?
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Crash, not crush.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

How does 2CC work with the extra zoom level method of CC recolouring? If a 2CC palette index is in the mask image does it get recoloured correctly?
cmoiromain
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by cmoiromain »

Hi all!
I've recently been fiddling with the 32bpp, it's truly awsome!
I just have one little request that I hop won't be too difficult to implement: could you expand the "follow vehicle" function (ctrl+click on the centre viewport on vehicle button) to the two new zoom levels? I'd live it to be able to follow them in full zoom!

Keep up the good work, and thanks to all of you who have made this happen!
I am little, ugly, and nasty. How do you do?
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

Zephyris wrote:How does 2CC work with the extra zoom level method of CC recolouring? If a 2CC palette index is in the mask image does it get recoloured correctly?
Yes, if it is in the mask image, and the palette is correctly filled in, it will lookup the 8bpp colour index and translate it to 32bpp. Haven't tried though if this works in practice.

Cmoiramain: added to my personal list of items to solve.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have updated the file with GUI selectors. I have added the mask files and They works well.

The feature that allows station tiles with two or more ground sprites is awesome. I have tested it with basic stations GRF.
Attachments
Screenshot with stations with two ground sprites composed.
Screenshot with stations with two ground sprites composed.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]

Return to “Graphics Development”