Cargo Distribution

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Cargo Distribution

Post by Gremnon »

If it's reproducable, you reproduce it, of course.
And unless it's built with MSVC, you get the fun of trying to guess what went wrong.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

And what could be the difference between my savegame and the re-saved save?
tsjook
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tsjook »

colossal404 wrote:And what could be the difference between my savegame and the re-saved save?
You may be able to open it!

(But then again, I'm a Windows user, I'm used to that kind of 'magic' happening)
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

I think tsjook meant that he wanted me to reproduce the crash. Unfortunately, I can only guess what happened.

Edit:

@tsjook: Why not just use the old save game?
tsjook
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tsjook »

Well, if it does open at another user's config, it means it won't open on collosal's system because of his configuration etc. It may have to do with hardware specs. May not be likely, but still: if it opens at another one's system the fault is not on cargodist.

But it may be so unlikely that it's best to say: never mind. :rolleyes:
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

I try some other OTTD versions and I get this error with r18177M:
hiba3.PNG
hiba3.PNG (24.27 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
And this with g843befd2:
hiba4.PNG
hiba4.PNG (13.87 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
And this version writes a log file, so there it is:
crash.txt
(8.92 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
tsjook
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tsjook »

Do you also have crash.dmp, crash.log, crash.sav and crash.png? They should appear in your default shared OpenTTD directory, like My Documents/OpenTTD. Please upload them if you have them. :)
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

I don't have crash.png, but the others yes. I put them in a zip file, because the forums didn't enable the .log format...
Attachments
OpenTTD.zip
(134.41 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

colossal404 wrote:I don't have crash.png
It's not a problem, you are probably using a revision before the crash.png feature was added to trunk.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Please someone tell me what revision that was. Because to my knowledge, it's either so recent I never knew about it, or it's been in for ages, and it never worked for me.
bulb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bulb »

neg wrote:And on cargodist, I mean converted to svn format.
It is in Git (http://git-scm.com/), which is vastly superior to svn. Yes, it is more complicated, but subversion with it's pretty basic branching support would not be able to support fonso's nice but advanced use of topic branches.

The repository lives at http://fickzoo.com/fonsinchen/openttd.git.

Note, that git is particularly designed to handle applying pathches in the standard unified diff format (like all the version control tools produce). Whenever I build my patched version I converted from svn to git (not I just use cargodist from git) and applied there, because that allows me to commit each patch separately to my local repository, so when any of them conflicts, I only deal with that one separately and when I want new mainline version, all I need to do is tell git to rebase. If anything was integrated meanwhile, git is usually smart enough to just skip it and if anything starts to conflict, I again have to deal with is separately, rather than with all the patches in one big lump.
fonso
President
President

Post by fonso »

colossal404 wrote:I try some other OTTD versions and I get this error with r18177M:
And this with g843befd2:
Those versions are ancient. I think I know those bugs already. They have been fixed in later versions. I'm having a look at the other save, though.
The guy on the picture is not me, it's Alonso.
fonso
President
President

Post by fonso »

colossal404: This is the time reset problem. It has been discussed in this thread and it's fixed in later versions. There is a hotfix for it: http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file.php?id=120202

You can apply it to your current version in order to make it playable again and keep your savegame version. However, you'll still need a powerful enough computer to calculate all the link graph jobs once when you load your save game. When you save it later, they'll be gone.
The guy on the picture is not me, it's Alonso.
bokkie
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by bokkie »

Scay wrote:
bulb wrote:ITIM is a beast. But there is another patch for timetable separation, that does just that and applies to cargodist just fine. Here is the thread: Timetable based separation patch and attached is the patch against recent cargodist. I applied it some time ago and than just kept rebasing it on top of newer cargodist, so there may happen to be newer version in the thread with some bugs fixed.

I should add, that I downloaded a version based on trunk revision r17097 from somewhere in the middle of that thread and the first post does not even have that, so I don't consider the existence of newer bugfixes that much likely.
Really nice work! Any chance you can upload a proper win32 build? I always have problems setting up the necessary stuff to get it done myself...
Thanks again! :D
2nded! Transporting pax isn't half as much fun without timetable based separation... Queues of busses at one end while passengers are waiting at the other end is a bit frustrating.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Gremnon wrote:Please someone tell me what revision that was. Because to my knowledge, it's either so recent I never knew about it, or it's been in for ages, and it never worked for me.
http://hg.openttd.org/openttd/trunk.hg/ ... screenshot
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

First of all, massive thanks to fonso for developing, and most importantly, continuing to maintain cargodist. I wish you the best of luck with it in the future.

EDIT: Please referr to the [Patch] Daylength, Cargodist with sprinkles topic instead.

---

Here's two patchseries (made against cargodist) that I play with, thought I'd share :)

Lean variable daylength patch: Adjust town passenger/cargo rates: Above three combined: variable-daylength_town-cargo

These should apply against the most recent cargodist as of today (2009-12-19). Don't be surprised at how the daylength behaves. The town growth rate adjustment is crude, and likely to give you smaller towns than nominally (when playing with extended daylength), but at least they won't explode. The patches shouldn't change gameplay when at default values (1x and 0x). All standard disclaimers apply.

Look for the patch settings under Economy and Economy >> Towns. Values of 4x for daylength and -1/-2x for town cargo are recommended (see table of values).

Each patch has been tested separately as well as together.

Note: the patches are also available against trunk, look around.

Edit: Tested, and changed town cargo factor recommendation to -2x.
Last edited by SpComb on 20 Dec 2009 16:01, edited 2 times in total.
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

SpComb wrote:Above three combined: variable-daylength_town-cargo
Is it possible to get windows binary?
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Kogut wrote:Is it possible to get windows binary?
Sure, but you may have to wait 12 hours until I get access to a proper compiling environment...
SpComb wrote:Above three combined: variable-daylength_town-cargo
Can you provide a patch with CargoDist in it? I really don't wish to make a checkout of git so I can patch this, I'd much rather have an all-in-one (your patches + CargoDist) patch so I can patch trunk. (I've said 'patch' 4 times)
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

You know, you can also go to http://fickzoo.com/fonsinchen/patches/current/ to get the current latest trunk-cargodist patch, use the TRUNK_VERSION.txt file at the top of that page to find the correct trunk revision to apply it against, apply it, and then apply those patches.

A bit of a round-about way to do it, but if you don't want to use git, that's a solution.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

You thought I didn't know about that?

Well, my reasoning was that SpComb made the patch against a git copy, and it wouldn't really work with a trunk-cargodist diff, so I assum.... Ah...nevermind, I have no proof.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”