Another Daylength patch

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Another Daylength patch

Post by petert »

SargeFIN wrote:If so, how is it supposed to be installed? There is a zip file and a .patch file in the first post by Pavel.
Extract the zip to a folder and run openttd.exe, of course you need the graphics and sound files.
SargeFIN wrote:As I try to install this the zip file creates a new folder under my OpenTTD folder. It's called "ottd day lenght r17838" and under it there are lot's of files and an exe file which starts the game. I copied the needed files in the data folder of this "ottd day lenght r17838" folder
Sounds about right.
SargeFIN wrote:when I try to start the game it gives me lot's of errors conserning graphic files.
What kind of errors? Maybe that you have GRFs enabled, but they aren't in the shared directory?
SargeFIN wrote:no sounds
That's probably not the patch's fault, but I don't know.
SargeFIN wrote:and the language is in chech(?) and changeing it doesn't do the trick.
What do you mean "it doesn't do the trick"? Why not?
SargeFIN
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SargeFIN »

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/ ... error1.jpg <--- These kind of graphic errors when I try to start the game. About 10 errors. I didn't count.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/ ... error2.jpg <--- After about 10 previous errors, the game gives this kind of error.

Also. When I try to start the game for the first time it creates a folder called "content_download". There are 3 folders. "ai", "data" & "scenario". Do I have to copy the needed files to the data folder under that "content_download" folder or straight to the root "data" folder which are in the same folder than the openttd.exe? Or both? And also where to copy the language and sound files? Under "content_download" folder or straight to the root folder? This is a bit confusing. The language files don't work. As I try to change Ceska language to English or whatever, it just won't change.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

SargeFIN wrote:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/ ... error1.jpg <--- These kind of graphic errors when I try to start the game. About 10 errors. I didn't count.
Don't worry about that error. It's nothing unless you are going to play with GRFs. If so, move all your GRFs to the shared data dir, that way ALL OpenTTD installations can see the GRF files.
SargeFIN wrote:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/ ... error2.jpg <--- After about 10 previous errors, the game gives this kind of error.
You need the sample.cat file, which contains all the sound files. I can't post the download location here, but there is a thread about it in the Transport Tycoon section of tt-forums.
SargeFIN wrote:Also. When I try to start the game for the first time it creates a folder called "content_download". There are 3 folders. "ai", "data" & "scenario". Do I have to copy the needed files to the data folder under that "content_download" folder or straight to the root "data" folder which are in the same folder than the openttd.exe? Or both?
Woah, you have quite a few amount of problems. Copy these files into your data directory:
  • sample.cat
  • trg1r.grf
  • trgcr.grf
  • trghr.grf
  • trgir.grf
  • trgtr.grf
SargeFIN wrote:And also where to copy the language
*.lng files go into the lang directory. If there is no "lang" directory, create one.
SargeFIN wrote: and sound files?
Sample.cat goes into the data directory. Music goes into the "gm" folder, again, if there is no gm folder, make one. (gm stands for "game music")
SargeFIN
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SargeFIN »

Yep. I have copied those files you mentioned to the "data" folder in the same folder tree where the openttd.exe is located. I also copied the same files in the "data" folder which is located under "content_download" folder. It does no help. And there are all the needed language files in the both "lang" folder. One which is in the same folder tree than openttd.exe and also under the "content_donwload" folder.

No sounds and the language cannot be changed. :?

EDIT: Language files works now. I had changed the town names in Finnish so it confused me. Now I changed the language also to Finnish and it works. Now the only problem is sound files. I copied the "gm" folder in the same root folder that openttd.exe is located -> no effect. I also copied the "gm" folder under the "content_download" folder -> no effect.
Last edited by SargeFIN on 29 Nov 2009 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

I don't know what to say, you seem to have done everything that you could possilby do to fix it. I think that a possible problem could be that the binary is broken (I say that only because I see that pavel1269 compiled on Win7). I may have time to build another one, but I'm not sure.
SargeFIN
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SargeFIN »

Yeah! I got it to work! 8)

What a fight!! :lol:

I had to "knife" the openttd.cfg file a bit.

[music]
playlist = 0
music_vol = 127
effect_vol = 127 <--- this was set to zero
custom_1 = 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
custom_2 = 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
playing = true <--- this was set to "false"
shuffle = true <--- this was set to "false"

Hopefully all this can help someone else who has the same problems :mrgreen:
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Oh, stupid me. I should have asked for the config file. Or the very simplest thing, for you to turn the music back on.
SargeFIN
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SargeFIN »

No problem. Thanks for help :lol:

Now it's time to start playing this great game for a very very long time 8)
pavel1269
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by pavel1269 »

Updated to current trunk, see first post.

Also have not forget to remove my cfg file as last time I did. No more missing sets, wrong language, no sound or whatever problem with cfg file was.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Ah, great, thanks for the update. :-)
pavel1269
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by pavel1269 »

Might I request sameone playing with ECS vectors to test patch attached to this post? Exactly, if bug (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=835001#p835001) is gone?
EDIT: removed
Last edited by pavel1269 on 19 Dec 2009 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

pavel1269 wrote:Might I request sameone playing with ECS vectors to test patch attached to this post? Exactly, if bug (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=835001#p835001) is gone?
:bow:
gonne fire up the frozen up engines again :D

could take some days, but if i get some bugs, i let you know :D

thanx!
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

ok,
i may have made a mistake during the compiling, but it seems like the daylength function is not showing up in the options,

come to think of it, do i need to compile the latest daylength patch first, and see the test one as a add-on that needs to be pached over it again ?
i only patched the test file as a stand alone one now. (bin is here: **click_me**)

when i get home, i'll try compiling it again, to make sure it was not me that just made a mistake or something.
pavel1269
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by pavel1269 »

Just the "test" one. For me, it seems okay :? ... Can upload binaries. Also do not forget to test it, not play :-)
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

yea if you could do that, i dont have access to a compiler at this location atm.
if you dont have a website you can upload to, you may use http://www.aqua-page.nl/dls the file will be after uploading in the download center at http://www.aqua-page.nl/dls/dls
just pm me if you want to use it, i'll sent you the pass :)
pavel1269
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by pavel1269 »

Here is win32 binary ... the "test" patch.
EDIT: removed
Last edited by pavel1269 on 19 Dec 2009 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

ok,

when you start off a new game and this are the settings:
daylength set to be on 50 and 50 balancing factor.
and clicked: do not balance industries with daylength factor.
they get closed within a few minutes (fast speed)

i guess i do need to have the balancing industries turned on ? or should this not matter for the ecs support ?

i guess i still need to test how it works if i start a new game with daylength 1 balance 1
and set it the daylength higher after the industries have been fired up.
pavel1269
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by pavel1269 »

Dante123 wrote: i guess i still need to test how it works if i start a new game with daylength 1 balance 1
and set it the daylength higher after the industries have been fired up.
This. I still do not know what is causing this. Now just test the thing, which ruined your last game after 8-9 years of game play.
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

ok tested,

game was running at full speed for some years.

have set:
- day length factor : 7
- balancing of daylength: All costs
- Balancing factor: 3
- include property maint : On
- include loan interests: On
- Slow down vehicle reli: On
- Slow down town growth: Off
- Slow down industry changes: Off
- show original production: On

game was running from 1920 to about 1925. in this year all industries start to close down, or get messages that they only remain for 24 months.
Attachments
close.png
close.png (227.95 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
pavel1269
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by pavel1269 »

Thanks :-/ ... quick-fix have not solved problem, will take longer to solve :-/
Edit: very thanks for a feed back :-)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”