So, I decided, due to the security updates to push out this update already tonight.Windows Vista & 7 users read this!
Be aware that you now on Windows Vista and 7 need to make sure that OpenTTD Auto Update have user-level write access to:
- its configuration files (located in the same folder as the exe-file)
- the zip cache (a folder located in the same folder as the exe-file)
- the OpenTTD installations that it manages
update readme wrote:
--- Fixes in 2.0.2 ---
* UAC manifest included so that the program will no longer require administrative rights to run in Windows Vista and 7. This should improve the security on those systems since also child processes like openttd.exe ran with too high user level.
- Note that if you previously had OpenTTD Auto Update located in Program Files it may no longer function correctly as it need write permission to some of the files in its program folder (including the zip cache).
* Escape all input that will be used as parameters to OpenTTD including data that comes from the server.
* Default installation directory was not restored properly from the options file.
--- New feature ---
* A new server passwords dialog accessible from the Edit Installation dialog for multiplayer targets. Using this dialog you can set the server password, company number to join and company password. Either type the password/company number as plain text or paste an URL that will be used to fetch the password/company number just before starting OpenTTD.
In addition to that a few minor tweaks has been made
- Display (in red) "offline-mode" when in offline-mode
- If an installation has a multiplayer server, don't ask OpenTTD to connect to it when we are in offline-mode.
- Possible something more..
How to update/install
- If you don't enter a company number for multiplayer targets, you will get an exception that it can't convert an empty string to an integer when you try to start OpenTTD. To work around this set a company number in the multiplayer settings dialog.
- The caption of the ok button in the options dialog is not consistent with the rest of the program
As usual, new users should go to the website and read the install instructions there and then there is a wizard included to get started. Existing users get the update through the self update, where it has been available for a few minutes more than on the forums.
OpenTTDAutoUpdate2.0.2.zip [488.06 KiB]
Downloaded 140 times
Explanation of the new feature - MP server passwords
In the edit installation window a new button has been added. This button is enabled when you have selected either custom multiplayer target or a multiplayer server target such as #openttdcoop Public Server. From this button you access a window where you can either just make it remember plain text passwords or you can paste an "http://" URL. If an URL is given, that URL will be used to fetch the value just before starting openttd.exe. The page contents will be trimmed to remove any new line characters or spaces at the end. This means that you can not have passwords that end with any white space character if you use the fetch password/company number feature.
For #openttdcoop users you may find out more information at the autostart
wiki article how the URLs for #openttdcoop are composed. Note that you probably need to be a member in order to be granted a key.
set mp server pwd.png [ 41.94 KiB | Viewed 2841 times ]
_________________My OpenTTD contributions
(AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)Junctioneer
(a traffic intersection simulator)