Lots & Lots of Questions & Problems

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Lots & Lots of Questions & Problems

Post by planetmaker »

matthew1989 wrote:i was under the impression vista 'bridged' the cores... thus allowing multithreading in non-multithreaded apps?
You cannot multi-thread, even theoretically, every problem or task. Many tasks in OpenTTD are of this type.
Gebbe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gebbe »

I think the speed problem is solved as easy as Yexo said: use less vehicles. To me the problem seems simple: when using more trains and ships, your computer has to calculate more things and thus is getting slower. And to my opinion you're using a lot of vehicles and large stations, what also takes a lot of memory iirc.
LordNokon007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LordNokon007 »

Does having a lot of industries make the game slower too??
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

yes. They also need each its own checks and callbacks executed.
LordNokon007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LordNokon007 »

Ill pay the person a 100 ponds who will design or create me a custom app or newgrf for my needs
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

"your needs" is nothing which anyone can programme around. If you state clear design goals what your app and/or newgrf are supposed do: that's something one can work with.
matthew1989
Engineer
Engineer

Post by matthew1989 »

LordNokon007 wrote:Ill pay the person a 100 ponds who will design or create me a custom app or newgrf for my needs
someones gonna need a massive garden.... 100 ponds.... lots of fishes! XD
LordNokon007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LordNokon007 »

planetmaker wrote:"your needs" is nothing which anyone can programme around. If you state clear design goals what your app and/or newgrf are supposed do: that's something one can work with.
well my goals are precisely as I explained in the beginnig of my post...

want to be able to modify all vehicles speeds etc etc...
(example: fastest train can go at 640km/h... wiht 40 000hp.... i want to be able to dubble that... if not more)

want to be able to modify industries, so that they don't close down. nor go up and down in production... add my own custom production amounts.
(example: max product is 2000 tons per month... i want to be able to make it 2million tones a month...

once again i do not have any idea how to program... hence why I am hoping one the brilliant mines who does these thing for the openttd can help me...

Surely there must be people who have wanted the same things which I'm requesting??
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

LordNokon007 wrote:want to be able to modify all vehicles speeds etc etc...
(example: fastest train can go at 640km/h... wiht 40 000hp.... i want to be able to dubble that... if not more)
The ability to do this is already exposed. (Also, double has no double letters)
Write a GRF to set speed, power, and other properties for each vehicle as you specify: USD 25 per hour.
Write a GRF to set properties for each vehicle dynamically according to your runtime requests: USD 30 per hour.
LordNokon007 wrote:want to be able to modify industries, so that they don't close down. nor go up and down in production...
Already exposed and implemented.
Locate the existing implementation: USD 150 per hour, three hour minimum.
LordNokon007 wrote:add my own custom production amounts. (example: max product is 2000 tons per month... i want to be able to make it 2million tones a month...
Already exposed.
Write a GRF that modifies default industries: USD 30 per hour.
Modify an existing GRF containing industries: USD 50 per hour. Only with the permission of the author of the NewGRF.

All times will be rounded up to the next hour. Time estimates will be provided only if sufficient information is provided to complete the task.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

DaleStan wrote: Write a GRF to set speed, power, and other properties for each vehicle as you specify: USD 25 per hour.
Write a GRF to set properties for each vehicle dynamically according to your runtime requests: USD 30 per hour.
Locate the existing implementation: USD 150 per hour, three hour minimum.
Write a GRF that modifies default industries: USD 30 per hour.
Modify an existing GRF containing industries: USD 50 per hour. Only with the permission of the author of the NewGRF.
That comes to a total of $285 an hour (assuming my calculator is correct, and that I typed the numbers correctly at 11:16 PM).
LordNokon007 wrote:add my own custom production amounts. (example: max product is 2000 tons per month... i want to be able to make it 2million tones a month...
You're already cheating! Just fund another industry!
KenjiE20
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KenjiE20 »

petert wrote:That comes to a total of $285 an hour (assuming my calculator is correct, and that I typed the numbers correctly at 11:16 PM).
I don't really see that happening, DaleStan might be good, but I doubt even he can do five separate tasks at once, in an hour. Although if he can, I'd tack on a surcharge for going above and beyond, say $15USD/hour :mrgreen:
An Otaku hideout :: Longbow's Lair
http://www.longbowslair.co.uk
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

dalestan: would you remain owner of the works you created?
would you then upload them to bananas? :-D

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”