Server not visible

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Qu@rks
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Server not visible

Post by Qu@rks »

Okay, here's the problem: I create a server, it says it advertises successfully but it's not visible in the server window (and neither on the servers page of the OTTD website). I've tried all sorts of things but it just won't work. Even when I disconnected my router (which I thought was the problem) and used a direct internet connection, it didn't work. People can connect by manually adding my IP or dyndns name but the server does not appear in the server window and I really don't know why. I wonder whether there has been a change in code or network protocol that could cause this because I was always able to host before upgrading to 0.7.0...
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Server not visible

Post by Rubidium »

What happens/does not happen:
- you are added to the database
- you are succesfully queried from the masterserver (causing advertise to 'succeed')
- you cannot be succesfully queried by the updater (the process that files the server list)

The last one is the problem. It seems to be sending the query but it never receives a reply and thus is not added to the list.
Qu@rks
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Qu@rks »

Okay. I understand that but I really don't know how to solve it. Do you have any idea what might cause this to happen (or in this case: not happen)?

EDIT: I just found out that my IP adress does appear in the server list but the server is not reachable...
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Problem solved.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”