32bit Extra Zoom Graphics Works In Progress

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [32bpp] Extra zoom levels Graphics

Post by maquinista »

LordAzamath wrote:About the bridges:
They are very nice indeed, but can't you apply a semi transparent shadow to the underneath of bridge? I believe for sprites 842, 843, 1004/1005, 1704-1709 etc., , so they'd look a bit like this (just a mockup):
It's a very interesting idea.

But there is a problem, in the other direction of the bridges, the shadows wouldn't work well... :(

The solution would if it could be possible add sprites with the shadow to the bridge, but the current GRF system does not allow this. I think that bridges needs more improvements in OTTD (narrow bridges (one lane), one way bridges crossing bridges, signals in bridges, custom bridge heads, overtaking in bridges...). Also, It would be cool adding custom bridge (and pillars) layouts.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

This is the latest TAR file with the suspension bridge and tubular bridge. If You have the file "Bridges_preview.tar", delete it, because this update file has a different name.
Attachments
Bridges.tar
TAR file.
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 470 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Power plant by j0rdax:
Attachments
j0rdax_PowerPlant.tar
TAR file of Power plant by j0rdax.
(410.5 KiB) Downloaded 2689 times
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
power_station.JPG (170.16 KiB) Viewed 9999 times
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

Hey Maquinista, thanks for coding. I think it came out well.
The old smoke and sparks line up beautifully. I am still struggling to redo them nicely.
Cheers, keep up the good work.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes...
Mat 10:32 "So I will acknowledge in front of my Father in heaven that person who acknowledges me in front of others.
Mat 10:33 But I will tell my Father in heaven that I don't know the person who tells others that he doesn't know me.
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

@j0rdax: Very nicely done, great powerplant :D

@maquinista: thnx for codeing ;)
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have coded the other style road vehicles depots.

Also, I have created this download page with a different classification:

http://wiki.openttd.org/Talk:Maquinista ... oom_Levels
Attachments
bus_depot.tar
TAR file
(279 KiB) Downloaded 2138 times
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
depots_road.JPEG (99.59 KiB) Viewed 9862 times
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

habell wrote:@j0rdax: Very nicely done, great powerplant
Just a note. The powerstation was done from scratch and was not based on any other downloadable blend.
Nice work Maquinista, I like the depots, but I'm sure the road can be extended to go inside the depot. Maybe Wacki should comment on what he planned/wanted to be done.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes...
Mat 10:32 "So I will acknowledge in front of my Father in heaven that person who acknowledges me in front of others.
Mat 10:33 But I will tell my Father in heaven that I don't know the person who tells others that he doesn't know me.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

j0rdax wrote:
habell wrote:@j0rdax: Very nicely done, great powerplant
Just a note. The powerstation was done from scratch and was not based on any other downloadable blend.
Nice work Maquinista, I like the depots, but I'm sure the road can be extended to go inside the depot. Maybe Wacki should comment on what he planned/wanted to be done.
Since the the depot has two overlays, It can be done pasting a road sprite over the wall sprite. I will try it.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

This is the file with the briges updated.
Attachments
Bridges.tar
TAR file.
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 380 times
=SLJ=DownEast
Engineer
Engineer

Post by =SLJ=DownEast »

maquinista wrote:I have split the monorail.tar file in two because It was too big.

Also, I have see the trees with fruits. They're awesome, and I think that They are ready. The ground tiles needs some changes, but they're good.

Minor issue with the Z1 monorail backgrounds. My guess is the sprites are miss-labeled.
Monorail Z1 Issue
Monorail Z1 Issue
Monorail Z1 Issues.png (603.87 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

=SLJ=DownEast wrote:
maquinista wrote:I have split the monorail.tar file in two because It was too big.

Also, I have see the trees with fruits. They're awesome, and I think that They are ready. The ground tiles needs some changes, but they're good.

Minor issue with the Z1 monorail backgrounds. My guess is the sprites are miss-labeled.
The attachment Monorail Z1 Issues.png is no longer available
Thanks, I have fixed it. Also, I have coded more bridge sprites, the wooden bridge and the factory will be coded soon:
Attachments
monorail_temperate.tar
Monorail TAR file fixed.
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 1891 times
Bridges_0.tar
Note, This file replaces the file "Bridges.tar", If You have this file, You can delete it.
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 781 times
=SLJ=DownEast
Engineer
Engineer

Post by =SLJ=DownEast »

maquinista wrote: Thanks, I have fixed it. Also, I have coded more bridge sprites, the wooden bridge and the factory will be coded soon:
Looking great!

Found some minor issues with the Bridges.
- Looks like the Road will need to be extended on the top edges to cover the Grass Slope Sprite.
- Suspension Bridge sprites need some minor xy adjustments
Couple of minor issues...
Couple of minor issues...
Bridges_0_Issues.png (299.21 KiB) Viewed 8620 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have coded the Factory with dithered CC masks, also, I have renamed the file "Varivar_industries_preview.tar" to "Varivar_industries.tar", and I have updated the water tower optimizing the size of the sprites (They was 512×512 pixels).
=SLJ=DownEast wrote:
maquinista wrote: Thanks, I have fixed it. Also, I have coded more bridge sprites, the wooden bridge and the factory will be coded soon:
Looking great!

Found some minor issues with the Bridges.
- Looks like the Road will need to be extended on the top edges to cover the Grass Slope Sprite.
- Suspension Bridge sprites need some minor xy adjustments
The attachment Bridges_0_Issues.png is no longer available
Yes, these I will fix these details in the future.
Attachments
Varivar_industries.tar
TAR file.
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 352 times
Varivar
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Varivar »

maquinista wrote:I have coded the Factory with dithered CC masks, also, I have renamed the file "Varivar_industries_preview.tar" to "Varivar_industries.tar", and I have updated the water tower optimizing the size of the sprites (They was 512×512 pixels).
Thanks for coding. :) I found a bug in the goods factory, the left top sprite is missing. I've attached a sceenshot of the problem. Besides that everything looked fine.
Attachments
factory_bug.png
factory_bug.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 1138 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Varivar wrote:
maquinista wrote:I have coded the Factory with dithered CC masks, also, I have renamed the file "Varivar_industries_preview.tar" to "Varivar_industries.tar", and I have updated the water tower optimizing the size of the sprites (They was 512×512 pixels).
Thanks for coding. :) I found a bug in the goods factory, the left top sprite is missing. I've attached a sceenshot of the problem. Besides that everything looked fine.
Yes, It's a problem with the CC mask.

This is the wooden bridges:
Attachments
Bridges_1.tar
TAR file.
(435.5 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have fixed the factory. When It uses white, It doesn't look very good.
Attachments
Varivar_industries.tar
TAR file updated.
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 2425 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Some railway bridges:
Attachments
Bridges_1.tar
TAR file updated.
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 270 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have coded the latest Northstar2 building:
Attachments
northstar2_houses.tar
TAR file with the building.
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 328 times
northstar2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by northstar2 »

@Maquinista: thanks for coded the building.the rail bridges look realy nice.
Antonio1984
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Antonio1984 »

Hi Maquinista..thanks for your great works..one question..when I put the bridge in vertical, only one side(the left) are realized with the 32bpp..the other is yet with the old grapich..and a similar thing happen at the initial and final point when the bridge are used as overpass...It's only my problem or it's coded like that??thanks...

Return to “Graphics Development”