3D - Does somebody know "Trains and trucks tycoon"??!

A 3D Transport Tycoon-like game, an incomplete version of which was released as "Trains & Trucks Tycoon".
remsys
Engineer
Engineer

3D - Does somebody know "Trains and trucks tycoon"??!

Post by remsys »

Hello,
i know, must be asked a thousend times, but i there the possibility to convert this game to a 3d-enviroment? You know, its a great gameconcept, but the grafic is not up to date.
Im not firm to programingstuff, just a little, but isnt there a "open 3d engine" we all can meet at and start all over again? Perhaps..?!
?(
PS : Must be four years now, i played "Trains and trucks tycoon", a very similar game, just with out planes and ships, but in 3d and very buggy. I have a new maschine and if someone tell me "were to", i can make good textures and 3d models, programing if i have to and putting my self in.
:roll:
Dennis
This is my name
Director
Director

Re: 3D - Does somebody know "Trains and trucks tycoon"??!

Post by This is my name »

There's already TTD in 3D, but the project is stopped. It's functioning, but there are lot of features missing :( . Developers already refused to make 3D engine for TTD since writing them is like rewriting TTD from scratch.

Well, if you want, there's Transport Empire which is still in WIP. It's going to be 3D, so if you interested, you might want to apply for job there :) .
usecubes.com 3-D Pixel Design Software
PC gamer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by PC gamer »

Well how hard can it be to rewrite most of the files?I suppose it's kinda just copy-paste.Right?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Then get to it. Anyone can copy and paste.

Also, that section is for suggestions concerning the forums themselves, not for the games that are discussed on it.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
PC gamer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by PC gamer »

I didn't mean that you copy from one location and paste to another (what kind of a retard do you take me for?).
I ment that if you have to make new files just or most like the old ones you can just look at the old one and do the other the same way.
And also I didn't say anyone was slacking with the 3d tt.
Just wondering, am I right and if not then someone can lighten me.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

As far as i understand it, making a game "3D" requires not only the graphics, but also the engine to make the graphics do what they're supposed to. You want to write a graphics engine too?
Last known as: Weirdy
PC gamer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by PC gamer »

Why are you telling me this?
I didn't want to make it!
PC gamer wrote:Just wondering, am I right and if not then someone can lighten me.
I'm not gonna make it!
thundercave
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thundercave »

I think its a great idea but it must also be playeble on the some what old computer... so that everyone can play. but for my self who's got a good pc. 3d should'nt be a brob,
what about program ghosting.. you run ttd under lets say ttd3d.. that should solve a whole lot of reprograming. couse when a train is driving on its track in ttd, it has a name and a dimensional value like X-12 Y-13 or somthing.
and speed and heading ... it would'nt be mutsh hassel to translate that toa 3d rendert train. and becouse its ghosting you don't have to program wat valeu your cargo is and what speed your train goes or how many people are at the train station. couse ttd3 just displays the data... so no rewright of ttd becouse its ghosting... and if we lock tt3d in to asimetrical aspect so no camera movements other than those aloud in ttd...than you can leave the back sides of buildings away, withs saves computer resourses... and i dont even care about viecles and trees being rederd 3d. just the landscape and buildings.. so there are pritty shadows during day time. and surfaces that light up and shadows move when a viecle drives by at night.. dude that would be awsome.... ooo and water, nice revective water, 3d has a whole lot going for it and... it doesnt recquire that muts resours..

this would be the coolest thing ever.. would somebody build this thing allready!...

thanks for reading my blabing......
TTgamer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTgamer »

I have seen many post about a 3D version of TTD. It would be great to finish this game and make it like openTTD but in 3D. I don't think you need to begin from scratch because most of this game is usable. I have already been looking in the game files and i think is not that difficult to make changes to this game. I thinking of trying to change this game to make it better, but first of all i want to ask if there are more people prepared to do that? Maybe we can work together. I also have another question, did somebody manage to run this game under vista 64bit?
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

TTgamer wrote:I have seen many post about a 3D version of TTD. It would be great to finish this game and make it like openTTD but in 3D. I don't think you need to begin from scratch because most of this game is usable. I have already been looking in the game files and i think is not that difficult to make changes to this game. I thinking of trying to change this game to make it better, but first of all i want to ask if there are more people prepared to do that? Maybe we can work together. I also have another question, did somebody manage to run this game under vista 64bit?
Wrong forum I suppose? 3DTT is finished in a way. Currently some members are trying to develop Transport Empire though.
thundercave
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thundercave »

@TTgamer: well yeah im running OTTD under vista64 right now, thers a vista 64bit version download on here... sowwww......

Return to “3DTT (Trains & Trucks Tycoon)”