[OTTD] Two5Kid's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Two5Kid's Screenshots

Post by Benny »

Do you have a old savegame? I'd like to have a go with this map too.
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

@ EXTspotter: If you had actually seen the first few pages of this thread, I guess you would know that I've come a long way in terms of realism and the type of screenshots that appeal to the masses. Generally, the forum-ers prefer those games with money not being the main factor. I mean you have tons of cash but you don't go all out and spend it all on the fastest engines available or have 200+ trains with 20 coaches each running around your lines.

@ Bennythen00b: This might be a problem but I'll post up the save game for you anyway, it's r13437 and I'm playing on an iMac. But what the heck I think you can just edit it under a Scenario by changing the file type. Oops, just your luck, I've the .scn file here, I hope it works.

I think my savegame won't do for you either, but I'll paste it up. Erm, maybe your OpenTTD is already too advanced for me. I'm not sure about the map number (seed) but I usually put, very low sea level, very flat ground but very rough terrain. And just a little hint, took me a lot randomized maps before I got the current one.
Attachments
Unnamed, 1st Jan 1930.scn
[Let's see how you create your networks]
(90.75 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Parker & Co., 23rd Jan 1930.sav
[Here is my savegame, 23 days into the new company]
(93.09 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Last edited by Two5Kid on 17 Mar 2009 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
Any dream worth having,
Is a dream worth fighting for!
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Damn, chunk size error. :(

I'll try to generate a map myself then, because I really like the landsape on this map. (No offence, I really like your networks too. :D) Do you remember which Land Generation options you used?
sc79
Director
Director

Post by sc79 »

I'm not sure about the map number (seed)...
Open console and type getseed
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

@ sc79: Hmm, I didn't know that. Let me see, OK, here it is seed 4157330512
Any dream worth having,
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Thanks. This will be the map for my next game. 8)
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Ok, so now I've got an excact copy of the landscape, but the cities and industries are a bit out of place. I dunno if it'll help, but could you upload a pic of your newGRF list?
And sorry if you feel that I am annoying.

Edit: I dont think it'll make any difference.. I may have to live with the landscape only. :P
Last edited by Benny on 23 Mar 2009 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

@ Bennythen00b: Sorry for the delay, was off holidaying. I don't mind about requests, it's ok. I'm glad to see how others feel about the map and the way they play the same map.
Attachments
[Tadaaa...]
[Tadaaa...]
Parker104.png (101.25 KiB) Viewed 3718 times
Any dream worth having,
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Nah, no difference.
whichamount of cities and industries did you use? And I also think that I'll need a screenshot of your "Towns" tab in the patches menu.
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

Unfortunately, my game doesn't have a town tab under the Patches menu, but I used normal towns and normal industries. I guess the best thing for you to do is to start a new scenario with the game seed number and place each town individually using my maps. Might not be the most accurate but at least it's better than nothing. Sorry, can't help you much over there.

Edit: Done. Got your UKRSI here. I think it's this one. By the way, I just noticed that you've added my screenshot thread in your footer. Thanks!
Attachments
pb_ukrsi.grf
[Sorry, PikkaBird. I hope it didn't violate anything]
(159.44 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Last edited by Two5Kid on 24 Mar 2009 09:51, edited 2 times in total.
Any dream worth having,
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Ok, I'll try that. :)
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Hmm.. I havent got the old UKRS Industries, and the download link is dead. Could you upload it?
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Thank you. I will start playing in the map (With random towns and industries) on Monday or something like that.
But where did your screenshots go? Do you have too little spare timeon your hands?
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

Just in case anyone is wondering, I'm still trying to get a grip of the new Dutch trainset. Don't worry, the screenshots aren't dead yet but due to my work, don't really have the time to start a decent game. By the way, it's very hard to get a decent map generated. I'll be posting some screenshots real soon!
Any dream worth having,
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

Yippee ki yay! I'm back! This time I'm playing the newly released Dutch Trainset on a 512x512 map, the largest I've ever played. But hopefully, I'll try to make it as interesting as possible. A few words of warning:-
1) Those expecting freightlines would be slightly neglected as I'm trying to focus on passenger services since the Dutch Trainset have a lot of DMUs/EMUs to play around with.
2) I'm starting the game without any significant industries just maybe 8 or so since I find that most of them ceased to work way before I managed to connect them.
3) Please correct me if I use the wrong locomotives/engines for freight or passenger, I'm not a Dutch. :o

The Story
As we all know from the history books, the Dutch are quite good at colonizing in the ancient times. So here we are, in the Pacific Rim, a less known Dutch colony made up of a few islands. (Any Dutch sounding name suggestions?) My recently founded company, aptly named, Dutch Colony Transport Ltd, has just set foot on one of the smaller islands, Westerricht. We were given £10 million to finance, built and acquire trains from the motherland. The year? 1940.

Westerricht was chosen as it was on an island all on its own. With no nearby towns or industries to connect, this would be the quietest town to have our headquarters. And it was easily connected with tramlines, which would be one of the future plans for this town.

This Dutch Colony can be divided into 4 quadrants, namely North, East, South, and West. Going in a clockwise position and at a 45-degree tilt to the right. After Westerricht (WEST), the company set up their first base of operations on another small island containing 2 towns, Bestelo and Purmezijlen (EAST). The reason was simple, this small island is also home to a coal mine and a power station. The basic necessities any developing colony require.

Once that was fully connected, DCT (Dutch Colony Transport) went towards the mainland, just 20 nautical miles away from Purmezijlen, to a small town called Marend and the only industry that it provides, the Marend Forest.
Attachments
[My DCT HQ]
[My DCT HQ]
DCT1.png (245.63 KiB) Viewed 3208 times
[The coal service sharing a short section of line with the Bestelo-Purmezijlen Line]
[The coal service sharing a short section of line with the Bestelo-Purmezijlen Line]
DCT2.png (183.65 KiB) Viewed 3203 times
[Marend and Marend Forest]
[Marend and Marend Forest]
DCT3.png (701.74 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
Any dream worth having,
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice pictures! Keep on posting them!
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
CrossSide
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CrossSide »

My first post here is for u Two5Kid. I really like your screens and learned A LOT of it. I'm looking forward to see you work with the Dutch Trainset, because I use it to. KUTGW :bow:
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

@ Purno: Thanks!
@ CrossSide: Wow! First post for me? Awwww~ :oops: Will try not to disappoint you.

One of the company's initial designing flaw was the extravagant construction of multiple platforms for the train stations. Even though when passenger travel is still in its early infancy. This could be seen on the Marend-Valkervost Line, where the double-tracking is also used, even though the company has only 2 trains running.

This wastage of money was soon put to rest, when the company jumped at the chance to connect Amsterzaal and Drogeberg for a much-needed subsidy. These two towns lie on the northern part of the map. Lucky for us, the Mat-34 diesel engine turned out to be quite a useful train for passenger transport, which was a boon to the fledging business.

Finally, demand at Bestelo increased by two-fold, and with the increase frequency of passenger services, the coal service was forced to be sidelined, on a lower tunnel track, which was made feasible after a year of construction.
Attachments
[Uithuisorade, the 'connecting' town between Marend (east) and Valkervost (west)]
[Uithuisorade, the 'connecting' town between Marend (east) and Valkervost (west)]
DCT4.png (289.46 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
[Beautiful seaside town of Drogeberg]
[Beautiful seaside town of Drogeberg]
DCT5.png (228.16 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
[Twin Mat-34 hard at work]
[Twin Mat-34 hard at work]
DCT6.png (163.03 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
Any dream worth having,
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

Yay! He's back! :mrgreen: Some good screenies to start with Two5Kid. Favourite so far is second shot of Bestelo.
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

@Pingaware: Thanks! I'll try to best Bestelo. Haha! Pun intended.

By 1943, heavy construction around the eastern part of the colony saw the extension of the Marend-Valkervost line, all the way to Markum. (Will post the map shortly, when the train lines are nicely placed) Markum would be the terminal station for the trains from Marend, although it has through platforms built in to connect towards the north. But at the moment, they are not in use.

Amsterzaal is one of the northern placed towns, which would be connected from Markum in the near future when there are faster diesel trains available. Amsterzaal also underwent a facelift to install a terminus and a through stations for eastbound trains. The terminal is for trains heading towards Klein Oostertricht via Drogeberg. A nice short travel in between 3 stations.
Attachments
[Wastage of money at an early era]
[Wastage of money at an early era]
DCT7.png (311.21 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
[Classic example of building ahead of time]
[Classic example of building ahead of time]
DCT8.png (359.05 KiB) Viewed 2751 times
[Now this is practical and economical]
[Now this is practical and economical]
DCT9.png (294.54 KiB) Viewed 2759 times
Any dream worth having,