Project: cargodest

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Project: cargodest

Post by planetmaker »

peebee wrote:I think that there will be more options in 0.7.0 beta1 including the cargodest patch than in the older versions, please correct me if I'm totally wrong.
As dihedreal pointed out, the sources are available at all time and are constantly under development and patches submitted by the devellopers every few hours on average. So, the 0.7.0-beta1 is just a tag (or snapshot, if you prefer it) of the code as it was at a given time.

If you write patches for openttd, you always write the wrt the trunk version, e.g. the latest source revision available. The stable releases (and their betas) are just releases which might be a bit better bug-tested as only bug fixes get introduced to them and no new, but no new albeit untested features.
Wowi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wowi »

Aali wrote:Nice catch; removing an order does make it go into an infinite loop if there's not atleast one load and one unload order left in the orderlist. (An order with no "no load/unload" flags is both and will not cause this)

:EDIT:

Patch updated
I tried patching and compiling OTTD with the patch you supplied (r15507) using tortoise to apply the patch and mingw for compiling, but I got this error:
C:/msys/home/Steffen/ottdsrc/cargo/src/saveload/afterload.cpp:30:24: ../routing.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/home/Steffen/ottdsrc/cargo/src/routing.cpp', needed by `routing.d'. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Steffen/ottdsrc/cargo/objs/release'
make: *** [all] Error 2
I compiled "clean" SVN's without any problems - both newest revision and the 15507 used for applying the patch. Looking at the mingw log it seems that it keeps trying to find a file called "routing.h" but its nowhere to be found for some reason - any idea what Im doing wrong?
When applying the patch with tortoise I can see theres 3 "null" in a row on the file list - and I get 3 errors after patching (because of these I figure). Furthermore the program seems to believe theres an imaginary folder called "a" in the middle of the path so the program cant find any of the files untill I actually create that folder and move them into it - I dont think it means anything, apart from annoying me, but I figured Id list all the errors I get incase it actually does matter.
Also, after applying the patch some of the files (the ones changed I figure) get a red icon from tortoise instead of the green one - Im guessing this isnt a good thing either.
So basically - I suck at applying the patch apparently. Any input would be appreciated. =)
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Strange. What command did you use to apply the patch? The files you are apparently missing (routing.cpp and routing.h) are definitely present in the patch.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Zeyes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zeyes »

The .patch file creates three files (routing.h, routing.cpp and routing_classes.h) from scratch, using /dev/null as the old filename...Tortoise didn't seem to like that when I tried a few days ago, either, and just ignored those parts of the patch. (Specific Windows limitation/idiocy, I guess?)

Anyway, I just created three dummy files with the required filenames and adjusted the patch headers accordingly, replacing /dev/null with a/src/routing.h etc.

In addition, the patch in fact didn't quite match up with r15507 for some reason (hence wowi getting some reds despite using the correct revision)...for a handful of files some line numbers had to be adjusted to get the patch in sync with the source. Not totally sure what's up with that. :)
Aali
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aali »

That's strange, the patch applies just fine to r15507 here (and it is certainly meant to be applied to that revision)

And yes, tortoise has problems with /dev/null files for some reason, but hg does it that way and my 'patch -p1' has no problems with it (even on windows)
Wowi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wowi »

Thanks for the replies.
@DaleStan: I was simply using the shellextension of tortoise - right click on the folder with the source code -> tortoiseSVN -> Apply patch

I did exactly what Zeyes wrote and the compiling got further this time. However, I got a ton of errors from the routing files before it eventually stopped because I was missing boost. So I downloaded that, compiled it and it seems to be working perfect. Thanks a lot for the help guys - and thanks to Robotboy and Celestar who helped me in an irc log I found about boost. =)
Tvel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tvel »

i solve the /dev/null problem with notepad editing the patch. a simple find and replace. Bad that TortoiseSVN doesn't like this.
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

Is this going to be put in to trunk and is Infrastructure Sharing going to be done with it as well becuse i still cants seem to update theres to the laest trunk and theres two Vs off Infrastructure Sharing so i think i proble wait till it comes out on trunk
For Community Integrated Version http://code.google.com/p/civopenttd/
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

Please use proper punctuation in your posts. It's a pain to read them otherwise.

And about your question, the main developer of this branch has vanished because of reallife matters, thus it is at the moment very unlikely for this to be developed further and put into trunk. You could have found out this information for yourself if you had just read a bit int this topic. :roll:
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

sorry about that i feeling realy ill right now got fule ;( just fort i ask about it thats all
Core Xii
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Core Xii »

Could somebody compile a Win32 binary against a recent trunk? BuildOTTD doesn't work anymore...
zombie
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by zombie »

Hi.

I think I managed to update this patch to a more recent trunk revision. I created the patch file with TortoiseSVN. I hope it works for most of you. I compared the last patch by Aali with my patch file and checked differences in the patch files in the corresponding code files. Everything looked fine and my VS2008 build works without any problems. But I had to bump the savegame version in the patch because the trunk savegame version was changed since the last patch version.
Core Xii wrote:Could somebody compile a Win32 binary against a recent trunk? BuildOTTD doesn't work anymore...
You should try to use BuildOTTD with this patch file. The former patch file did not work anymore because the squirrel code was "unexternalised" in revision 15578 and the squirrel repository has been removed. That is why BuildOTTD was not able to get revision 15507 from the repository.

Kind regards

Zombie
OpenTTD: OpenTTD-Wiki
OpenTTDCoop: Blog, Wiki
My favorite patches: cargo destinations, shared infrastructure
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

hi thanks zombie i just added it to my patch pack just going to test it a bit befor uploading it :)
Aali
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aali »

that patch is no good, the savegame bump isn't done properly and it wont load certain trunk games properly

you could just ask me for an update
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

Aali can i preaty please have an update

and all so would you mind updateing the shared track one as well preaty please becuse i think theres both should work great togiver
:)

and i still need help on were to put theres boost files i done what it said in the posted but still did not work :(

the file path i have for it is

msys\1.0\local\include\boost\graph\adjacency_list.hpp
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Thanks for updating, although I have quite a problem while compiling. I'm using Terminal on Mac OS 10.4.11, which doesn't seem to be te problem to me.

However, when compiling I get this error message and compiling stops:

Code: Select all

[SRC] Compiling roadveh_gui.cpp
[SRC] Compiling routing.cpp
In file included from /Users/albohelm/Desktop/OpenTTD/src/routing.cpp:11:
/Users/albohelm/Desktop/OpenTTD/src/routing_classes.h:28:42: error: boost/graph/adjacency_list.hpp: No such file or directory
/Users/albohelm/Desktop/OpenTTD/src/routing.cpp:24:51: error: boost/graph/dijkstra_shortest_paths.hpp: No such file or directory
/Users/albohelm/Desktop/OpenTTD/src/routing_classes.h:42: error: 'boost' has not been declared
/Users/albohelm/Desktop/OpenTTD/src/routing_classes.h:42: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'property' with no type
/Users/albohelm/Desktop/OpenTTD/src/routing_classes.h:42: error: expected ';' before '<' token
/Users/albohelm/Desktop/OpenTTD/src/routing_classes.h:50: error: 'boost' has not been declared
etc. etc.
I've patched the correct revision and the problem doesn't seem to lie in trunk, as I previously found this problem in the compiling log. Compiling without patching seems to work fine.

[SRC] DEP saveload/afterload.cpp
[SRC] DEP routing.cpp
/Users/albohelm/Desktop/OpenTTD/src/routing_classes.h:28:42: error: boost/graph/adjacency_list.hpp: No such file or directory
/Users/albohelm/Desktop/OpenTTD/src/routing.cpp:24:51: error: boost/graph/dijkstra_shortest_paths.hpp: No such file or directory
[SRC] DEP roadveh_gui.cpp
[SRC] DEP roadveh_cmd.cpp
etc. etc.
Could someone please take a look at this? I really can't play OTTD without cargodest anymore... :P
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
Core Xii
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Core Xii »

zombie wrote: You should try to use BuildOTTD with this patch file. The former patch file did not work anymore because the squirrel code was "unexternalised" in revision 15578 and the squirrel repository has been removed. That is why BuildOTTD was not able to get revision 15507 from the repository.
Nope, still get the 404 error.
zombie
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by zombie »

Hi.
Toni Babelony wrote:Thanks for updating, although I have quite a problem while compiling. I'm using Terminal on Mac OS 10.4.11, which doesn't seem to be te problem to me.

However, when compiling I get this error message and compiling stops:

[SRC] Compiling roadveh_gui.cpp
[SRC] Compiling routing.cpp
/Users/albohelm/Desktop/OpenTTD/src/routing_classes.h:42: error: 'boost' has not been declared
/Users/albohelm/Desktop/OpenTTD/src/routing_classes.h:42: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'property' with no type
/Users/albohelm/Desktop/OpenTTD/src/routing_classes.h:42: error: expected ';' before '<' token
/Users/albohelm/Desktop/OpenTTD/src/routing_classes.h:50: error: 'boost' has not been declared
etc. etc.
I've patched the correct revision and the problem doesn't seem to lie in trunk, as I previously found this problem in the compiling log. Compiling without patching seems to work fine.

[SRC] DEP saveload/afterload.cpp
[SRC] DEP routing.cpp
[SRC] DEP roadveh_gui.cpp
[SRC] DEP roadveh_cmd.cpp
etc. etc.
Could someone please take a look at this? I really can't play OTTD without cargodest anymore... :P
You seem to miss the boost installation. Take a look at the wiki page for compiling dependencies.

Kind regards.

Zombie
OpenTTD: OpenTTD-Wiki
OpenTTDCoop: Blog, Wiki
My favorite patches: cargo destinations, shared infrastructure
Aali
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aali »

Updated to r15642

This is not based on zombie's patch and does not have the saveload bug.
Attachments
cargodest_r15642.patch
(217.05 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

zombie wrote:You seem to miss the boost installation. Take a look at the wiki page for compiling dependencies.
Thanks, I'll check it out now. I don't think I'll encounter any more problems now :)

EDIT: Nope, still not working. Can't get Boost to work for me. Ah well, other things to do and maybe wait until someone is so kind to upload a MacOSX PPC binary *hint hint* ;)
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”