Warning: There seam to be a serious bug in last PAXLink 8. The code that I added to remove bad stations, seam to remove all grid stations.
Sorry for the problem that might have caused.
There is a new version on the way, I will edit this post when it is done.
Edit: seams to be something I have broken in my development version, as PAXLink 8 from bananas do not have this bug. Phew
Edit 2: Update - PAXLink 9
I'm not sure if I have fixed the problem, but I switched back and fourth between the old builder.nut and the new builder.nut, and is no longer able to reproduce the problem in PAXLink9. So I hope it is fixed, or it was a problem of reloading some file. But if you find this problem please report it. The symptom is that the AI removes all his bus grid stations (not those at the airport) and, if there is no bus stations at the airport, it will also remove all buses from the town.
* #2, #3, etc is appended to the name if more than one PAXLink is present.
* Wait until vehicles move out of way if that hinders the AI from building a bus station or depot. (same as fixed in TownCars)
* Added restriction for airport placement, that not only the airport upper tile has to be closest to correct town, also at least one bus station need to be closest to the town that the airport is constructed for. This is to fix the problem when all bus stations would be closer to another town that just got angry because of teraforming, but if PAXLink don't have any service in that town, it will never get good rating there (or it takes very long, I don't know). Now at least one bus station should be possible to build
* I have disabled the code that makes the AI only retry building one bus stop until it succeeds, as that will cause problems if some bus stops are in another town. And one of the towns have too bad rating.
Things on the TODO:
* Reduce the number of bus stations in town to no more than necessary to supply the airport with passengers, so we don't get worse rating in town than necessary. (This is good for the next thing on the todo, as well as for keeping costs down.)
* Upgrading of airports. Currently large aircrafts are built on small airports which is not really good. And the small airport really get congested.
* If there is a demand for a new aircraft - don't build new buses. PAX that don't reach their final destination won't generate any cash.
_________________My OpenTTD contributions
(AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)Junctioneer
(a traffic intersection simulator)