Graphical "Bugs"using many newgrf sets

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Graphical "Bugs"using many newgrf sets

Post by NekoMaster »

For the lognest time now, since the openTTD people included multi engine support, I have loved to mix and match many many differnt train and road sets, but in the past few monthes Ive been finding a limit on that.

Im finding that if I have of one type of set (too many train sets, Airplanes, Boats) usually it will screw up other sets. For example, having the Can Set, NARS2, UKRS, Serbian Set , CSD Set and Spain Set will cause Serbian Road Set, Long Velhicals and UK Buses to mess up (showing odd grfx like face parts or tile peices)
Now Im thinking this is a limit to using the 32bit Version of openTTD on any system (Win XP, Ubuntu) or is there a way to get every thing working?
Also I would like to know how the 64 Bit version of openttd on ubuntu is.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Graphical "Bugs"using many newgrf sets

Post by Yexo »

NekoMaster wrote:Now Im thinking this is a limit to using the 32bit Version of openTTD on any system (Win XP, Ubuntu) or is there a way to get every thing working?
What makes you think it's a problem specific to a 32bit build of OpenTTD? It's very unlikely (to the point of impossible) that the 32bit version behaves different from the 64bit version.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Yexo wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:Now Im thinking this is a limit to using the 32bit Version of openTTD on any system (Win XP, Ubuntu) or is there a way to get every thing working?
What makes you think it's a problem specific to a 32bit build of OpenTTD? It's very unlikely (to the point of impossible) that the 32bit version behaves different from the 64bit version.
Well you know how a 32 Bit os can only use 3.2 GB ram but a 64 Bit OS can use more then 4GB, so I thought maybe that the values/banks/address/whatever can only handle so many grf sprites
before it starts messing up.

If thats not the case how do I get all my trains, road velhicals, and airplanes to work without graphical mess ups (Instead of my planes using a train sprite and looking like a Flying train or my Trams looking like skyscrapers)
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Yexo wrote:It's very unlikely (to the point of impossible) that the 32bit version behaves different from the 64bit version.
Oh, I would think it's very likely that the 64 bit version would behave differently. Any quantity of money you care to wager says that it would either (1) not start or (2) crash within seconds if I tried to start it on this machine.

That's mostly because this machine has a 32-bit processor and a 32-bit OS.

If you posit a 64 bit processor and OS, then I do agree with you.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

DaleStan wrote:
Yexo wrote:It's very unlikely (to the point of impossible) that the 32bit version behaves different from the 64bit version.
Oh, I would think it's very likely that the 64 bit version would behave differently. Any quantity of money you care to wager says that it would either (1) not start or (2) crash within seconds if I tried to start it on this machine.

Im using a 32 Bit OS on a 64 Bit CPU (AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ Oc'ed to 2.87GHz)
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

DaleStan wrote:

Ok, you win :).
NekoMaster wrote:Im using a 32 Bit OS on a 64 Bit CPU (AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ Oc'ed to 2.87GHz)
Congratulations, you managed again to completely miss the point.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Hmm, well is there anyone who can help me with this? The last 2guys did nothing...
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

NekoMaster wrote:Hey, is there any recent patched win32 bins available? BTW dont tell me to patch myself, my PC is so s*** it overheats watching you tube videos (WTF!)
NekoMaster wrote:Im using a 32 Bit OS on a 64 Bit CPU (AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ Oc'ed to 2.87GHz)
now i seriously fail to see why you should not be able to compile for yoursef! either overclocking is making your system unstable, or you are just too darn lazy or have no clue how to compile - either way, it's your own silly fault! dont blame us!
Conditional Zenith
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Conditional Zenith »

NekoMaster wrote:Hmm, well is there anyone who can help me with this? The last 2guys did nothing...
You aren't being very specific either. You haven't given us enough information to reproduce the problem (or even said if it is reproducible). People posting problems in a way that is light on details and heavy on speculation typically doesn't get a helpful answer.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Conditional Zenith wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:Hmm, well is there anyone who can help me with this? The last 2guys did nothing...
You aren't being very specific either. You haven't given us enough information to reproduce the problem (or even said if it is reproducible). People posting problems in a way that is light on details and heavy on speculation typically doesn't get a helpful answer.
Like I side, when ever I use many grfs, Like having many train Grfs I can use any others for road or air, or ships.

I can reproduce the problem when ever I feel like it, I will laer and post a pic when I get home since I need to goto skool soon.
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

the thing is not about _you_ being able to reproduce the issue, but you telling us how we can reproduce the issue, else there is not much we can to do see where something might be going wrong....
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

dihedral wrote:the thing is not about _you_ being able to reproduce the issue, but you telling us how we can reproduce the issue, else there is not much we can to do see where something might be going wrong....
Well here, though it might be a little confusing Ill just give you the list of stuff I have, if you try to combine all of the ones I have in each list you'll end up with what Im geting.
the Everthing list (which has comment lines above it) doesnt work properly. Also I renamed some grfs from a long time ago when i use to organize stuff
(BTW, its not a doubles problem, since I think openTTD omits that, and plus I usually do lists thru the game, not by hand via notepad)
grf_lists.txt
This is the list of stuff I use.
(6.98 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

How hard is it to upload a savegame and screenshot of your "bugs" as per the sticky of the problems section? Already 12 posts are made without ANY progress and it already has cost you a half week instead of a single reply with the answer instead of speculations within a few hours...
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

you are trying to load 53 grf's, could you try loading like 10 less and see if that works?
ige
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ige »

Canset does not support multi engine pool.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

ige wrote:Canset does not support multi engine pool.
Then why am I using it with out problems with others?
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

dihedral wrote:you are trying to load 53 grf's, could you try loading like 10 less and see if that works?
I went and rebuilt my old list doing trial and error testing and it still showed up in the end.
Rubidium wrote:How hard is it to upload a savegame and screenshot of your "bugs" as per the sticky of the problems section? Already 12 posts are made without ANY progress and it already has cost you a half week instead of a single reply with the answer instead of speculations within a few hours...
heres those Screen shots and Save I should have submited earlier
Pilkington & Co., 2005-11-20.png
Screen Shot (PNG)
(114.78 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Screener
Pilkington&CO (grfxerrors)win.sav
(42.6 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Game Save
Conditional Zenith
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Conditional Zenith »

NekoMaster wrote:
ige wrote:Canset does not support multi engine pool.
Then why am I using it with out problems with others?
Just because something works sometimes doesn't mean it's supported.
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Seems like a massive interference between the NewGRFs. That is NewGRFs replacing eachothers sprites; yes there are NewGRFs that do that and there's nothing OpenTTD can do about that.
ige
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ige »

1. Read the forum posts about the canset, and you will understand why it is not compatible with the multiengine pool.
2 Try to find the "Do not read me files" as MB always says.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”