Starting Over Recommendations

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

fireincairo
Engineer
Engineer

Starting Over Recommendations

Post by fireincairo »

Hello!

Firstly I apologise if this is totally in the wrong place!

I've slowly trawled through these forums picking up the odd bit of new graphics, like water and new buildings, however I can never seem to get a good combination of graphics in my game without having some of them mess with each other.

My laptop recently decided it hated me, corrupted my entire hardrive and forced me to perform the dreaded system restore, which worked quite well infact, however in doing this I a) lost all my saved games and hours of work on perfecting transport on the Volcano City scenario, b) lost the graphics I had randomly acquired and most importantly c) had a chance to start fresh.

I've never posted here but from browsing occasionly I can safely say you're all pretty good at this game and have bizarre games with a million tracks going everywhere and was wondering...

Do you have any sort of "set lists" of graphics that make a good game? For example a list that makes the conditions in the game particularly British or German perhaps? My games always end up looking mish-mash with some things never really fitting in.

Apologies for the rather long post. I realise this has all chances of being locked so sorry in advance!
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Starting Over Recommendations

Post by Roujin »

Well, couple of weeks ago someone else also asked which newGrfs are good, so see here for some suggestions: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=41415

Here's my "General Purpose" newgrf compilation:
  • Total Town Replacement Set
  • eGRVTS
  • HoverBus (only because it's by me :mrgreen: )
  • 2cc train set
  • Aviators Aircraft set
  • NewShips
  • Industrial Stations Renewal
  • NewStations
  • Stolen Trees
Nothing special, pretty generic...

For some country-specific gameplay, try the according train sets - e.g. DBSet XL for german, NARS for north american, etc...
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Starting Over Recommendations

Post by dihedral »

for a quick and easy download of a bunch of good grf's, you can have a look at the openttdcoop grfpack (www.openttdcoop.org)

Return to “General OpenTTD”