Cindini official release 1.0!

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Cindini official release 1.0!

Post by Whopper »

Hi folks :)

I'm happy to announce the first complete version of the Cindini map is finished!, the entire map has been crafted and many cities have been updated since the last beta version. I created two large overview maps wich will help you get started building your epic transport network right away! You will start at the Capitola metropolitan area, but be sure to check out other regions before you get started.

The first map will give you a wide impression of the map, with the countries that are included.

The second view is an economic map, where you can see the major road transport network included in the map as well as the areas where you can find a lot of a specific recource.

With the release of the map I will now try to expand the fictional lore behind the continent on the wiki pages, so if you are interested be sure to check those out soon :) (click on the banner at the end of my posts to visit them)

Here is the link to the .scn file for the map:
http://www.stage-tanzania.nl/Cindini/Ci ... 01.0.1.scn

I would like to thank everyone who supported me during the project, and I would especially like to thank Sleepie for all the hard work he did on the map. Unfortunately I lost contact with him a year ago and he seemed to have left these forums as well, leaving without a trace. I really hope he's doing well and nothing happened to him.

Also a special thanks to Rigil for coming up with the names for the southern French-themed cities!
Last edited by Whopper on 06 Feb 2009 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
belugas
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Cindini official release 1.0!

Post by belugas »

Congratulations :D
It's always fun when such a long lasting project finally hit the stores.
Well... kinda...
If you are not ready to work a bit for your ideas, it means they don't count much for you.
OpenTTD and Realism? Well... Here are a few thoughs on the matter.
He he he he
------------------------------------------------------------
Music from the Bloody Time Zones
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

Is it really a square region? lol, nice incons btw, did you make them yourself?
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

Pure beauty. Congrats for finishing it :)
Sacro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sacro »

Nice, though why is the Metropole smaller than a large city (I think you want > 100,000)?!
We Am De Best

Host of ThroughTheTube site
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

Hm, you're right Sacro.. that's a little mistake in the legend.

But your map itself is absolutely awesome! So many little details to discover! I just scrolled around and looked at it for quite some time this morning :)

I love the little villages with seemingly native-language names, that don't even have roads, just a couple of huts. :lol:
But I found one thing: Isn't Tilegro missing a bridge here? Or is that on purpose?...
Attachments
Unnamed, 1962-03-06.png
(95.4 KiB) Downloaded 735 times
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

It's on purpose :) Tilegro is the capitol city of Rutanio, they had a long war with Impiriata. Before the war Tilegro was a powerfull and prosperous nation, but during this war many strategic structures had been destroyed and the country felt into economic decline. Unlike Impiriata they were not able to fully recover from the war, wich I represented by the absence of modern buildings and by the Bridges that are still not properly rebuilded. If you go to the city of San Medina (see map) you will find another bridge that is partly red steelwork and partly rebuilded with a low wooden emergency bridge. It's up to the player to restore Rutanio to it's former glory :)
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Congratz :) I'm very impressed with the quality and diversity of such a large map.
el koeno
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by el koeno »

Nice map!

One question: why are all factories etc. so boxed in? I was planning to make some cool looking shipping operations, but is was too expensive to build the docks for many factories. Factories closing down, and the generally low income of ships sealed the fate of that game quite quickly. :)
Qu@rks
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Qu@rks »

Good lord, this is by far one of the best scenarios I've seen. And the beautiful maps with legends etc. You did pu a lot of work in there and it was worth it. Congratiulations and thank you!
hempa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hempa »

Hello

I have to congratulate you on the release of Cindini, I've been waiting for the final for some time now :)

The only thing I have found that seems to be missed is the unfinished bridge the previous user posted about, but that's a minor thing.

I do have problems with industries closing (and that fast, 6 industries in the first year). Does anyone know if there's a grf to remove industry closures, or if it has to be a patch? I agree that industry closures does give good immersion but at this rate I won't have any of the well planned factories still to use by the end of the first decade. Some random new industries seem to have popped up, but none of those are as well planned of course.

Good work yet again. Let's see if my little logistics company can grow to any size in this huge world.

-Hempa
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

Congratulations for this wonderful scenario
I spotted a thing which made me saying "WTF?!?!?"
I didn't looked for it, I was staring at the monitor thinking about my things when I saw this
what.PNG
what.PNG (45.29 KiB) Viewed 11291 times
(look below the south east bridge head)

EDIT: seem that one is not the only bridge with something weird
what2.PNG
what2.PNG (68.86 KiB) Viewed 873 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Look like canal pieces to me.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

This was discussed already in the beta thread. IIRC something got slightly wrong during some conversion and these things appeared under bridges.
Moriarty
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Moriarty »

Whopper - What software did you use to create the overview maps posted in the original post of this thread?
RedDragon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RedDragon »

This map was minted when it was unfinished now it will be my all time best ever map of TTD.
Thank yooou all for making it :D
Corporation n.
An ingenious device to gain individual profit,
without individual responsiblity.
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

Thanks all! :)

@ Wolf1: yes I deleted a lot of those already but there were so many bridges with this problem that a lot are still not fixed yet. Will track that one down and edit for a possible next version :)

@ Hempa: there was somebody working on a patch to stop industry's from dissapearing or appearing but I am not sure what the status is on that subject.

@ El koeno: the industry's were not builded with the intention to make it easy for the player :), I placed them in a way that I though looked nice. The map is a bit more focussed on looks then on gameplay I have to admit.

@ Moriarty: I used Adobe photoshop, but some experience is requiered to make these things from scratch. I made the icons from scratch as well (@ sapphire united), if you want to get the PSD file so you can use the icons feel free to PM me.
el koeno
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by el koeno »

Whopper wrote:Thanks all! :)

@ El koeno: the industry's were not builded with the intention to make it easy for the player :), I placed them in a way that I though looked nice. The map is a bit more focussed on looks then on gameplay I have to admit.
I gotta say: You succeeded in making them look nice. Very well done. A shame a lot of the industries close down in the first year, but there's little that can be done against that I suppose.

I've now created a maize transport network around Tribuville, along with an intracity tram network and intercity connections to Prince-de-Paix and Lealdeia, and it's just amazing to see that there's so much of the map left. All filled with lovely details. Great work! You must have had a lot of free time on your hand. :)
Roest
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Roest »

A quick and dirty fix for the industry closing would be to change industry_cmd.cpp at around line 1916

Code: Select all

static bool CheckIndustryCloseDownProtection(IndustryType type)
{
	return true;
}
Of course this is not recommended and might be considered a cheat yadda yadda yadda :)
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

Hehe, well I doubt I have much more free time then most people here :wink: ... the map took 3 years to produce.

Anyway, I cleaned up a lot of the channels under the bridges, so here is a small updated version:

http://www.stage-tanzania.nl/Cindini/Ci ... 01.0.1.scn

There are 4 commen "bugs" that you could encounter in the map:

1) Channels under bridges (due to a bug in one of the earlyer patches)
2) Small channel blocks inside cities that were used to control city growth but I forgot to remove.
3) Roads that are not properly connected or seem unfinished.
4) Channels or rivers that are not connected properly.

If you find any of thesse 4 it would be a great help if you could report them to me! :)

Return to “General OpenTTD”