32bit Extra Zoom Graphics Works In Progress

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Gen.Sniper
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [32bpp] Extra zoom levels Graphics

Post by Gen.Sniper »

Hi guys. That's a nice stuff what you making.I have one small demand. Can somebody do an .exe file with 32bpp Graphics. I try SVN but after many tutorials and 10hours trying a gave up and I write here. I am only praying that somebody will do it.
In September 1993 near Bombay, lightning hit a train full of women. And fifty of them in the confusion them jump on tracks, where a train in the opposite direction ran over them.

A little bit of stupit death.
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

Well, if you'd have searched for 1 minute, here or on the wiki, you would have found (and yeah, I really should update it again):

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=718701#p718701
jixor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jixor »

Upon downloading the extra zoom mega pack or whatever its called I notice that most artists arn't using the 12.5x12.5m scaling. Is that scaling still correct? Certainly at the moment its not looking uniform at all.
Teemes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Teemes »

In my opinion, the 12.5m/tile rule is widely followed. Of course, there's only so much you can put into the confines of such a small space, so especially for the larger buildings the scale has to be "adjusted". That also applied to the original graphics, where it was far less noticeable, however. And for planes and ships, even greater liberty has to be taken. It is also apparent in the train vehicle sprites, they all look a bit squished. But still, it's a good compromise, as a larger scale (say, 25m/tile) would lead to other issues, for example double tracks looking like two separate lines because of the wider spacing, or ludicrously wide city roads. Realistic scale (that is, consistent scale) has been discussed a year or two ago but was deemed not feasible as it would require a total redesign of the map...

... and granted, there may be the occasional sprite that is really a bit off, scale-wise :wink:
jixor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jixor »

Where can I get Aracirion's Lightwave template as described on the WIKI? (http://wiki.openttd.org/wiki/index.php/ ... evelopment) I PMed a guy with that user name on the forums but never got any response.
rickster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rickster »

Guys I am an avid player of locomotion and just wanna say (compliment coming!) that I think the work your doing on open ttd 32bpp is amazing, brilliant and is gonna transform an already brilliant game - the opportunity to play the game with these graphics when finished is something i can't wait for. Bigger worlds, amazing graphics will make an amazing game play.

Brilliant guys - are there any plane sets in 32bpp? like the a320 community model in locomotion or even larger planes like the a330/340 or boeing 767/747 or 777? I fly for BA hence the aircraft addiction (lol).

Once again brilliant - any way I can help - please let me know - it may be small but all i can do i will try.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

LordAzamath wrote:Anyway, since I suck at modeling buildings, someone else has to do it.. The ground sprites are all in this zip and the textures used for them is in the other. If anyone wants, I can upload the xcf where I produced textures too (it still has layers and stuff and a possibility to mark new signs on road) :P
The attachment airport_grounds.zip is no longer available
The attachment textures.zip is no longer available
And uhm.. sorry for triple post, I just wanted these to be in a separate thing
LordAzamath wrote:Shalla laa.. And I don't know why the grass is pngcodeced falsely.. The parts without grass have y_offs=0 for me and parts with grass y_offs=3
Now I'mma think of doing the buildings there and I don't know how could I add shadow to the grass just besides strip, as the normal grass is used there too..
And unfortunatly the bigger airports look ugly now...
Thanks, these airport tiles are awesome.
I have coded the airport sprites with their offsets. There is a problem with a sprite (2646) that is shared by two different tiles, and looks bad in the city airport. :(

I will code other 32 bpp elements. Also, I can try to convert this tiles for desert or subtropical, but I don't remember the correct values for conversion to tropical tiles.
Attachments
Glitch in one tile. It could be fixed if the sprite 2646 is unshared.
Glitch in one tile. It could be fixed if the sprite 2646 is unshared.
airport_bug.JPEG (103.03 KiB) Viewed 8751 times
airport_grounds.tar
TAR file. If a the sprite is unshared in a new version of the patch, I will update this file.
(968.5 KiB) Downloaded 2825 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

(link)
northstar2 wrote:i went through all this thread but i didn't find the blend file for brupje house. ;( ;( i tryed to make a nicer hedge but it's a real nightmare for me.
i made some adjusts on the roof and will let it down until i find a better way ?( .now i will try to make the 2x1 hotel(there's no hedge on it)
i'm attentive about all suggestions. :bow:
thanks
I have coded the house. The hotel is also interesting.
Attachments
northstar2_houses.tar
Houses
(89.5 KiB) Downloaded 432 times
Screenshot
Screenshot
northstar2_houses.jpeg (73.35 KiB) Viewed 8669 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Yes maquincuista, I'm aware of that...
I even posted a feature request on Flyspray but it didn't get any attention :/
http://bugs.openttd.org/task/2458
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
northstar2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by northstar2 »

thanks a lot for your help maquinista.i don't know the way to cut a sprite in two ,so it's very cool.i 've been very busy so far but now i will try to go on this way.
i will modify the 2x1 hotel to remove the ground.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

LordAzamath wrote:Yes maquincuista, I'm aware of that...
I even posted a feature request on Flyspray but it didn't get any attention :/
http://bugs.openttd.org/task/2458
Yes, also, a custom building placement tool (as a cheat) would be awesome to develop new graphics (also with 8 bpp projects).
northstar2 wrote:thanks a lot for your help maquinista.i don't know the way to cut a sprite in two ,so it's very cool.i 've been very busy so far but now i will try to go on this way.
i will modify the 2x1 hotel to remove the ground.
Ok, I have coded it, but It would look better without the ground (Do nor remove the benches and stairs, only the base). This is because the original sprite shares the base sprite with other houses (like de fountain, the statue, and other buildings).
Also, this allow to see twe white or red squares (query tool, bulldozer...).
If You don't know how to cut the sprites, is not a problem, I can do It and add the offsets.
Attachments
White squares
White squares
white_squares.jpg (80.76 KiB) Viewed 8523 times
Nice hotel
Nice hotel
hotel_ttd.jpg (67.63 KiB) Viewed 8522 times
northstar2_houses.tar
TAR file with Hotel. I will update it.
(592.5 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
northstar2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by northstar2 »

i have removed the ground of the hotel and only left a small border and benches.i hope you'll find it good.
see attached the 3 sprites uncutted.thanks for your help.(i think i'm going to learn how to use correctly gimp for the future)
Attachments
1450-1453.png
1450-1453.png (210.26 KiB) Viewed 8267 times
2x1 hotel.zip
(499.02 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

This is the Hotel, and the ground tile and the statue made by Ben Robbins.
Attachments
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
hotel.jpeg (80.66 KiB) Viewed 8190 times
northstar2_houses.tar
TAR file.
(570.5 KiB) Downloaded 657 times
Ben_Robbins_Temperate_houses_preview.tar
TAR file
(122 KiB) Downloaded 2439 times
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

Good to see this project is running again, It's been quiet too long here.

Keep up the good work! :bow:
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have updated the HQs. Theres two TAR files, but You only need one of them. They have the two fist stages for arctic, temperate and tropical climates.
The top image is the DMH_Mac HQ with some modifications of Varivar (grass, better textures...).
The bottom image is the DMH_Mac HQ with the grass tiles made by Ben Robbins.
You can download the two files, but only one of them will work.
The two files are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.
Attachments
HQ_DMH_Mac_Varivar.tar
Modifications by Varivar.
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 1207 times
HQs_DMH_Mac_(Ben_Robbins_grass).tar
Grass by Ben Robbins.
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 1192 times
Two screenshots.
Two screenshots.
HQs.JPG (190.08 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
trainmaster611
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by trainmaster611 »

I can model in XSI. Would it be ok to make my models in there and then convert them to .blender?
xerxesdaphat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xerxesdaphat »

trainmaster611 wrote:I can model in XSI. Would it be ok to make my models in there and then convert them to .blender?
Disclaimer: I don't 3D model at all, I just follow this thread to look at the pretty eyecandy that I'll see in-game one distant day.

However as far as I can work out the issue is the lighting model -- which is done up in Blender. If you modelled and textured in XSI then exported to Blender to do the lighting and rendering then that would work, would it not?
Linux Registered User #350204
--The Shoes of the Fisherman's Wife Are Some Jive Ass Slippers
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have coded the park made by DMH_Mac. Is coded as a GRF+TAR file with 1x1 pair of town houses.
This GRF (new_town_houses.grf) is included in the TAR file.
It must be enabled in new GRF window. It has a construction stage and It has flowers on spring (March-June).
Also, It has the company Statue.
Attachments
new_town_houses.tar
TAR+GRF file.
(545.5 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
park_flowers_grass.JPEG (49.02 KiB) Viewed 7357 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have coded other Building from Dmh_mac. It has two construction stages. If You want, I can upload the modified Blend files. Also, I will update this post with the GRF sourcecode.
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot
flats1.jpeg (27.35 KiB) Viewed 7039 times
new_town_houses.tar
GRF+TAR file.
(706 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
Cudar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cudar »

I'm really happy, when I can see, that some 8bpp graphics are converted to 32bpp. :) But a question: Can I download these graphics, or they are just plans? :?:
KG Studios Cudar (latest news about RVR) - Romania in OTTD tt-forums topic - Romania in OTTD website - RomTrain Graphics
Creator of the Road Vehicles in Romania set
ImageImage

Return to “Graphics Development”