Scenario-PARIS Metropolitan Area-France

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Grand Niko
Engineer
Engineer

Scenario-PARIS Metropolitan Area-France

Post by Grand Niko »

Hello people...

I've just decided to join this forum, so this is my first post :baby:
First, I just wanna thanks all of you, the community of developers and TT fanatics, for all those GRF ,i've found on this website
So here is my contribution (I'm a bit late for Xmas sorry)
IDF1925_V1.0.scn
Ile de France-Paris Metro
(492.28 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
I've drawn this scenario in my mind with the editor, as I don't know how to convert a real map into OTTD. Althought I've try to be the most accurate possible in the location of river and cities (I've been living around here for 25 years, that might helps a little bit :] )

Without any kind of advertising, I recommand to use the 2cc Train Set with this scenario. This GRF contains EMU's that are very close to those operated on the Real Lines 8o
... of course if anybody will have the time to develop the RATP vehicule set, that would be lovely :wink:

Any suggestion are welcome... but I'm not a IT tech, so don't use words I wouldn't understand... :wink:
Hamilton2007
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Scenario-PARIS Metropolitan Area-France

Post by Hamilton2007 »

First, welcome to the forum !

Can we see some screenshot's please ?
Grand Niko
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grand Niko »

]Sure !

Here's a couple
RATP, 17 Nov 2052.png
RATP, 17 Nov 2052.png (197.98 KiB) Viewed 5483 times
RATP, 6 Nov 2052.png
RATP, 6 Nov 2052.png (29.69 KiB) Viewed 5480 times
[attachment=2]RATP, 3 Nov 2052.png[/attachment

hope you'll enjoy it ! I'm currently building the real life parisian network... feel free to do the same, or something totally different :]
Attachments
RATP, 3 Nov 2052.png
RATP, 3 Nov 2052.png (31.78 KiB) Viewed 5470 times
Grand Niko
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grand Niko »

Hi guys !

I'm curently working on an other version o
IDF1950.scn
(491.39 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
IDF1950.scn
(491.39 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
f this scenario...

I Have splited downtown Paris in 20 different district...
People won't go away from the downtonwn, and it will be easier to built railtracks within the city
Hypolite
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hypolite »

Hello Grand Niko,

I've just downloaded your scenario, if I can suggest you to add major road access, like the Periph', and Motorways (and a few other roads to links cities), it would certainly compensate the lack of landscape :D

You could also add the "Ile de la Cité", too, it would be a nice feature :)
Grand Niko
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grand Niko »

Greetings Hypolite... Thanks for your download

This is very Interesting ideas... If I could find the GRF for the One way Road, I've planned to built following roads Periph' A1, A3, A4, A6, N118, A13, A14, A 15, and A86 (all those numbers you can hear everyday on the FIP traffic report ! :D )

Ile de la cité is a good Idea too, but I thought that it will block players who wants to cross the seine river between "chatelet" and "St-Michel"... shame that you can't cross rivers with a tunnel... What if I add "La Defense" Buisness district instead ?
Hypolite
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hypolite »

Ok, I see your point in not adding Ile de la Cité, maybe in a Inner-city Paris scenario that would be more interesting.

About the roads , I found the UK Oneway Road in GRF Crawler, but I'm not sure it's what you are looking for. And adding the roads will require you to add some slopes for bridges, wich would be a great enhancement !
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

One possible alternative, is that now you dont have to have water around the map edges, is start with the entire land say 2 or 3 tiles above sea level, then you can lower down by 1 or 2 tiles for the river Seine, and instead of using natural water, you could use canals, which look virtually the same, but it would enable you to build a tunnel underneath it.

If you'd consider re-doing the scenario again slightly, then perhaps the Rivers feature might appeal, afaik, you can build tunnels under them, and they look more appropriate for inner-city than a coast with a beach along it :P
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Hypolite
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hypolite »

Another idea is to start from a heightmap of Ile-de-France, like explained in How To: Generate Superb Heightmaps :). If you manage to do this (with roads included), I'm totally buying your scenario ! :bow:
Grand Niko
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grand Niko »

Thank you guys for your comments...

Actually this is my first scenario, and I was wondering if there's a way to do a sort of cooperative building...
Here are main points of my reflexion...
I was thinking of a High resolution map this time , which will be scaled enough to build an inner-paris network, and the regional network... ideally from Cergy-Pontoise (top NW) Rambouillet (bottom SW) Fontainebleau (bottom SE) and Beyond Roissy Airport (Top NE), that would be lovely... I think that the map size that Carst used for his europe scenario would fit
I wish i could satisfy your demands, but it looks like I don't have all required skill, and I professionals requirements just keep me away from OTTD... Any help of any kind with this project is highly welcome !

I'll try a new build tonite, stay tuned !
Grand Niko
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grand Niko »

out of topic

Arrgh I've tried to generate a height map of ile-de-france, as suggested in the tutorial you provide me, I just can't get the proper scale of the Paris area....

If any body could generate a map, that would be great !

back in topic

I'm currently building the V1.3 of this scenario

-Add "La defense" buisness district
-Add Freeways (peripherique, blvd circulaire, A1,3,4,6a,6b,N118,A13, 15)
- Some cities have been slightly moved to fit a more accurate location (Neuilly-Sarkoland, Aubervilliers, Pantin , Charenton and St-Mandé have been merged)

I hope I can upload it this week end

Cheers !
sever-rat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sever-rat »

I try play this scenario and you can see on my game.
Attachments
Brown & Co., 18. zar 2063.sav
(832.54 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
Brown & Co., 18. zář 2063.png
(72.83 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Brown & Co., 18. zář 2063#1.png
(280.16 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”