Total Bridge Renewal Set: version 1.12

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Total Bridge Renewal Set: version 1.12

Post by wallyweb »

SAC wrote:... wooden bridge to be part of the TBRS! It's for roads only though ...
Why not for rail too? Wood trestle bridges were among the earliest kind for railroads in North America.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Absolutely, I agree! The thing is I haven't drawn any though... In my own game I obviously have a wooden equivalent, but it's different from the road wooden one so...
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

SAC wrote:Absolutely, I agree! The thing is I haven't drawn any though... In my own game I obviously have a wooden equivalent, but it's different from the road wooden one so...
... we could always replace the road surface with some suitable standard gauge or narrow gauge rails. 8)

:D
Cannich
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cannich »

Was trying this out for the frist time today I havn't read all the post's but i was just woundering if you are planning on making the icon's of the bridge's look more like the ones being placed?

Besides that i really like the renewal set :) :!:
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

wallyweb wrote:
SAC wrote:Absolutely, I agree! The thing is I haven't drawn any though... In my own game I obviously have a wooden equivalent, but it's different from the road wooden one so...
... we could always replace the road surface with some suitable standard gauge or narrow gauge rails. 8)

:D
That's a good idea! Or use the alternative version I use in my own game! And speaking of bridges, am I the only one wanting to be able to choose for myself which bridge/s to use in game? Meaning, apart from the TBRS set, why not also offer each bridge as a single option for those not wanting to replace all bridges depending on personal preferences and tastes? Sure, I'm aware that it requires some more work, but having the entire TBRS set coded, it couldn't be that difficult to compile single sets from that code, or am I wrong?
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

SAC wrote:... apart from the TBRS set, why not also offer each bridge as a single option for those not wanting to replace all bridges depending on personal preferences and tastes? Sure, I'm aware that it requires some more work, but having the entire TBRS set coded, it couldn't be that difficult to compile single sets from that code, or am I wrong?
It is indeed possible. It is just a matter of a coder becoming convinced that it is worth the effort. TBRS itself started out as a couple of freestanding cantilever bridges which, seeing as one of them supports NG, I still use regularly pending the addition of NG to TBRS.
Packer
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Packer »

Smaug wrote:And here's TBRS with roads from the North American Road Set. :mrgreen: I hope you like it. I also repaired a few pixel errors. The concerning PCX file can be found in the attachment below, as well as a screenshot from the complete set.

Kind regards,
Smaug
:bow: :bow: :bow: Nice job!

Did you get both of the NA roads in, and you have it working?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Packer wrote:Did you get both of the NA roads in, and you have it working?
Actually there are three. :wink:
- Dirt (rural) and brick (town) for the early years
- Bitumen for the after the early years.
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

The problem still exist, all bridge slots are used at the noment. Only one solution remain at the noment to include a wooden bridge, sacrifice one suspension bridge slot, the generic TTD bridge, unless someone can come up with a better idea. Very nice looking wooden bridge Sac:) Thanks for your generous offer.
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Sorry, but I don't have the time to work on TTDPatch currently, so there is still a bridge drawing code waiting...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

thgergo wrote:The problem still exist, all bridge slots are used at the noment. Only one solution remain at the noment to include a wooden bridge, sacrifice one suspension bridge slot, the generic TTD bridge, unless someone can come up with a better idea. Very nice looking wooden bridge Sac:) Thanks for your generous offer.
replace the extra tubular ones on ottd :roll:
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

LaDoncella wrote:replace the extra tubular ones on ottd :roll:
That still does not solve the problem of how to get it into the TTDPatch version. :roll:
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Newbridges should allow this already more or less... (ohh, and please overwrite all stats) Or in other words for newgrf compatibility both flavors of TTD support them, see svn logs, and when you play a nightly TTDPatch you would already have noticed :)
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Smaug
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Smaug »

Packer wrote:
Smaug wrote:And here's TBRS with roads from the North American Road Set...
Did you get both of the NA roads in, and you have it working?
No, I only got one in: the one you can see in the screenshot. TBRS doesn't support multiple time periods (yet... and I'm no coder :lol: ), so I only replaced the modern roads.
Life's like a play in a theatre,
Life's like a dream,
If life could be expressed in a sound,
It would sound like Dream Theater...
ImageImage
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

Please, release the set with NA support. I can't wait any longer :)
Smaug
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Smaug »

Well, people are asking me by pm to send the grf with NA Road support, but as far as I know I'm not allowed to distribute modified grf's. I'm only allowed to modify grf's for my own use. However, people who can't wait for TBRS updated with NA Road support could solve that problem very easily with GRFWizard and the pcx file I posted in this topic... :wink: (am I allowed to say that?).

Kind regards,
Smaug
Life's like a dream,
ImageImage
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Smaug wrote:Well, people are asking me by pm to send the grf with NA Road support, but as far as I know I'm not allowed to distribute modified grf's. I'm only allowed to modify grf's for my own use. However, people who can't wait for TBRS updated with NA Road support could solve that problem very easily with GRFWizard and the pcx file I posted in this topic... :wink: (am I allowed to say that?).

Kind regards,
Smaug
You are allowed to post your modificed version, I dont know when could I finish the supports. As long as there isnt a better solution, at least others use your version.
Smaug
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Smaug »

thgergo wrote:
Smaug wrote:Well, people are asking me by pm to send the grf with NA Road support, but as far as I know I'm not allowed to distribute modified grf's. I'm only allowed to modify grf's for my own use. However, people who can't wait for TBRS updated with NA Road support could solve that problem very easily with GRFWizard and the pcx file I posted in this topic... :wink: (am I allowed to say that?).

Kind regards,
Smaug
You are allowed to post your modificed version, I dont know when could I finish the supports. As long as there isnt a better solution, at least others use your version.
Ok, thanks thgergo. :D In that case I'll post TBRS with NA Roads right away and I will post TBRS with TTRS3 Roads later this week. Note that there are no old time roads, just modern roads. Another thing is that I used version 1.11 for the modifications. If that gives problems for TTDPatch users, tell me and I will make a new file with version 1.12.

Edit: As promised I've now added TBRS with TTRS3 roads. Have fun! :)
Attachments
total_bridges_NAR.grf
Total Bridge Renewal Set v1.11 with North American Roads
(450.51 KiB) Downloaded 1736 times
total_bridges_TTRS3.grf
Total Bridge Renewal Set v1.11 with TTRS3 roads
(447.38 KiB) Downloaded 1458 times
Life's like a dream,
ImageImage
Expresso
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Expresso »

Encountered a bug with version 1.12 in combination with ttrs v3.02a. I'm not sure whether this is due to a bug in openttd (r14550 at the moment of this writing), tbrs 1.12 or ttrs v3.02a

In single player everything appears fine, but in multiplayer it imidiately causes visual corruption (at least for me) and openttd gives me this error:

Code: Select all

dbg: [sprite] Tried to load recolour sprite #14 as a real sprite. Probable cause: NewGRF interference
Attachments
openttd newgrf crash.sav
This save appears to work fine in single player, but bugs in multiplayer mode.
(8.92 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Expresso wrote:Encountered a bug with version 1.12 in combination with ttrs v3.02a. I'm not sure whether this is due to a bug in openttd (r14550 at the moment of this writing), tbrs 1.12 or ttrs v3.02a

In single player everything appears fine, but in multiplayer it imidiately causes visual corruption (at least for me) and openttd gives me this error:

Code: Select all

dbg: [sprite] Tried to load recolour sprite #14 as a real sprite. Probable cause: NewGRF interference
The bug should appear in singleplayer too, cause TBRS using custom recolour sprites, it reserves some extra sprites for recolourings, then it attaches them to the correcponding bridges.(The big arch using this most heavily, but other bridges uses this method to get the correct painting) So I`d say it should be a bug of OTTD multiplayer or something, what we miss. And this sprite attachment should`t be damaged by multiplayer, or TTRS at all, unless the TTRS&TBRS combination or the multiplayer mode can break the bridge spritetables ?( About some months I have played with TTBRS, and with TTRS in multiplayer without any problems as I renember in #openttdcoop.(Im not sure about the TTRS presence)

Return to “Graphics Development”