Mysterious Russian OpenTTD 32bpp Graphics Site??

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Mchl
Director
Director

Re: Mysterious Russian OpenTTD 32bpp Graphics Site??

Post by Mchl »

Draakon wrote:
Mchl wrote:BTW: I'm thinking, that China will attack Russia.
Why?
richk67 wrote:Russia has such vast Siberian reserves[...]
Reserves That are so conveniently located from PRC's point of view. China is proud. China is daring. China may just think, they'll manage to get a slice of Russia's cake.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want it to happen, and I don't think that there's actually a risk of war between any of the most powerful nations soon. I just think it's more likely, than Russia attacking USA.

We seem to have hijacked this topic. Let us stop.
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Hmm... hijacking a thread about copyright hijacking ;)
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Sergey has the habit to hijack any thread in any forum. When hijacking this we imitate his ways. So it is not off topic! :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

But the vehicels on slopes looks cool. ;-)

Is there a patch available for that behavior?

Greets
Ammler
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

It is so long time, that I do not remember if it was just in the grf, and no patch was needed.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Draakon wrote:
Mchl wrote:Don't go that far. How many typical Russians do you know?
You know Russians are good at this. They almost do it every time if they could and if they want. Even one Russian released Win 95 (or was it 98?) about 6 Months before the actual release.
And therefore ALL Russians are the same, of course. :roll:
One hell of a stereotype that one.
Werminaard
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Werminaard »

GDay gents,

The only thing I want to ask you to do - don't think that Sergey_S is typical Russian. Yes, he was the first one I've found when I was looking for some OpenTTD forum. That has happened due to a huge amount of spam he used. I was so silly even to work with him for a half a year... The only result was Farman F-60 model made by me. After that Smoky555 from ttdrussia has given me some facts, which turned me to move to http://forums.ttdrussia.net/

Now I'm trying to make something over there. Just because I had no idea about that fact, that Sergey_S has STOLEN a lot of other people's models and textures.

So please don't think that behaviour of Sergey_S is "standart Russian". He is banned at most of the forums he tried to spam in.
Werminaard
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Werminaard »

Draakon wrote:
But the thing is i hate russians. No wonders when a next war will be between USA and Russia (China as Russia ally)
Thank you, my dear. It seems to me that you are from the usa? So I feel sorry for you... You are so unlucky to be a citizen of this country...
You know, it was said by one really clever guy - may be you have heard about him, he was British prime-minister during WWII (it was the great and awful war, trust me or check it). So Sir Winston Churchill after the war said, that the assault to Russia was the greatest mistake of Hitler. If you was born in another country may be you knew history.

Anyhow, i can not say that I hate americans. Sometimes I'm working with them, sometimes we become really friends, but personally to Draakon - I'm sincerely feel sorry for him. It is so hard, I think, to think and feel like him.
Draakon
Director
Director

Post by Draakon »

Werminaard wrote:[...]
Get your facts straight before posting them.
Werminaard
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Werminaard »

They are straight. I just wanted to say, that you can not tell, that all Russians are bad if one of them has broken your nose when you was a small boy. From the other hand, I have met a lot of stupid americans, but it doesn't mean that all citizens of the USA are stupids, right?

And recently one British told me a very interesting fact - do you know the difference between normal Oil Company and an American one? There is a difference...
Normal Oil Company, for example, British, or French, or Italian or Russian - they are using rigs and tankers to get the oil. But american Oil Companies are using mostly aircraft carriers and marines))
Think it over, boy.
If you can, of course))
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Werminaard wrote:...I have met a lot of stupid americans, but it doesn't mean that all citizens of the USA are stupids, right?
Hmmm... tricky one. I mean, a majority of them did manage to vote in GW Bush, twice! :) :)
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
Mchl
Director
Director

Post by Mchl »

Oh come on! We also wonder, how did we end up with a president like this!
Werminaard
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Werminaard »

It seems to me that again I run away from the topic of the discussion - sorry for that.

As a member of a ttdrussia community I want to show you that Sergey_S also stolen some of our models. For example, take a look at the model of a Soviet WWII truck GAZ-AA at his site and at the same model (original one) at ttdrussia. This is only one example.

Moreover, please download the model from his site and just test it - it doesn't work properly. From my point of view Sergey_S can not make anything by himself exept copypaste a model from LOMO or SimSity 3000 screenshot into the TTD screenshot via Photoshop...
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Draakon wrote:
His facts about your nationality? Well, as you didn't say it, I will now.. He is Estonian, and I hope as you understand, not a typical Estonian, as Sergey wasn't a typical Russian..

I think it's pointless to argue about Sergey anymore. Let him live in his small world and think that every1 respect him and want to thank him. Let him steal stuff etc. There is no real point of arguing, since you can't stop him anyway AND any guy with a common sense will undersand that he has stolen the grphics or just done sth very wrong.
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Draakon
Director
Director

Post by Draakon »

LordAzamath wrote:His facts about your nationality?
Every person should know that an American citizen(UK, Canada and Australia included) that they spell my name with one A and instead of K its G in their native language.
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Damage »

Hi everyone!
My two cents. (sorry, but i just can't resist)

First things first. <to all russia-haters>Screw you guys!</end of >

Ok, now i feel better, so we can continue.

That mystical site by SS is just his lair. I suppose when he was banned from all the forums, he realized, that the only place where he can do what he wants is, naturally, his own forum.
Now it's crawling with bots and SS virtuals. Just check the "Forum members" list.

The problem is - he won't even try to understand you. Socializing problems + SU mentality + problematic character traits (+possible sanity issues :? )... Crazy mix.

I believe it's not a "passion" behind all this. I bet he's just trying to prove smth to himself, he wants to be praised for his work etc. Plus he has a definite commercial interest in all this.

Several guys from our community tried to discuss thing on his forum, but guess what? He banned them. Of course, with mis-qouting, editing other people's posts and doing other bad things before sending to ban.

The best thing to do IMHO is just leave him alone. He's cornered now, so any attempt to discuss the legality issues will be treated as a hostile act towards him. And as long as all this happens on his forum, you'll always be"the bad guys".

Each attempt to reason with him will make him think that he's on the right way and you are just jealous. So just let his project die by itself.

Ok, that was the message i wanted to deliver to you all. Now to the other sub-topics.

Slope sprites. As far as i get he just used the climbing/decending sprites, same as in Locomotion (because the models were made for Loco, not for OTTD). Don't know how exactly he did it, though.

Next.
Draakon, what's your problem? Childhood trauma? Bitten by a russian when you was 4? :lol:

Next.
Piracy and me. Yes, i really don't have such a problem with that. But...
1) I always buy licenced movies. *exception - if the movie was never released with original language... well, i download it then.
2) I always buy licence versions of my favourite games. *exception - if the game was never released in Russia
3) In the company where i work, all SW is legal. Windows is legal, OpenOffice instead of M$ stuff, etc...

On the other hand all of my models were created using downloaded software. And i'm cool with that, because i'm not selling them, it's litterally my gift to the community.
You see, AFAIK according to our laws only distribution, commercial use and such things are illegal. Personal use, along with education are not clearly prohibited. And combined with SU -mentality this means people don't think of it as an illegal act.
But things really change.

Next.
WW3? Come on guys, it will be something like Starbuck and Microsoft vs. General Motors and Coca-Cola :lol:
http://forums.ttdrussia.net/ - Home of "Russian Loco" project

Project file list
Draakon
Director
Director

Post by Draakon »

Damage wrote:Draakon, what's your problem? Childhood trauma? Bitten by a russian when you was 4?
You got a problem here.
eraserkry
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eraserkry »

Why you forgot Smoky555?
Sergej_sim is uneployed and 50 years old...He is lazy and crazy...

(Excuse me for my bad English)
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Damage »

Draakon wrote:You got a problem here.
Uh-huh... Ok, I guess it's useless. Let's drop this topic.

Once again, according to our experience, the best way is to not have any affairs with SS at all. LordAzamath said right, he seems to live inside his own world, so why should we try to interfere with it?

Just don't bother.

P.S. And gents, no more silly vodka-balalayka-style stereotypes, please. It was amusing, but it becomes insulting already.
P.P.S. Here's a pic of a typical russian. (*Note: the bear is missing on this pic). Now have a good laugh and forget about that stereotype.
Attachments
smile18.gif
smile18.gif (12.09 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
http://forums.ttdrussia.net/ - Home of "Russian Loco" project

Project file list
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Draakon wrote:
Tell us which facts are wrong then...

I suggest that someone locks this thread before this starts to become a fight. Oh wait, it already has, just lock it will you.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”